Bought a new STI
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Bought a new STI within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well my G-wagen was irritating the hell out of me with all the warranty issues, combined with the

k+ a ...

Bought a new STI

Well my G-wagen was irritating the hell out of me with all the warranty issues, combined with the $2k+ a month payments, so I bought a new STI Limited. I'll probably pick it up Monday.

For some reason I can't upload a pic. It's charcoal gray with a black interior.

Link to dealer pics

How long can I hold off the mod bug for?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats. Grey is a great choice for these cars IMO. I predict you'll resist modding it for a while but only due to the weather. Enjoy the car.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Nice choice Scott... you decided against the Tundra with the TRD supercharger package...
    If I had that kind of money I'd buy a brand new STi and the S/C Tundra...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome back
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Congrats. Grey is a great choice for these cars IMO. I predict you'll resist modding it for a while but only due to the weather. Enjoy the car.
    Yeah right I've already been talking with Kevin/Sinister and AJ/ASRacing about going stage 2.

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Nice choice Scott... you decided against the Tundra with the TRD supercharger package...
    If I had that kind of money I'd buy a brand new STi and the S/C Tundra...
    Yeah I may buy another car just because. I mean, what the heck, if 2 cars cost the same as the G-wagen, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Welcome back
    Good to be back I'm very excited. Especially to have a car that should be reliable unlike my crappy G-wagen that has been in the shop for at least a month since I bought it and almost 10 visits. And it needs to go back for more repairs. Well it would if I wasn't trading it in..... Which I wouldn't do to save the money I lose on trade-in but damn it's so much easier!

Oh, and btw, that hood scoop is WAY bigger in person than it looks in pictures!
    Scott
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.

I Support ClubWRX
    change your signature
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Yeah... I'd have trouble justifying spending 100K+ on a single car when there are so many out there that are just as good if not better for half the price...
    Last edited by 06scoobyrex; 01-01-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: typo
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

Trust me I wish I had done this when I bought my STi bran new. Purchase a clear bra! The paint on the Subaru chips like a miner in a gold mine. It makes me cry everytime I wash my car and find another one. If I had it all over to do again I would have clear bra the SOB the day I brought it home.
    Defi Imperial Boost Guage,Tim Bailey Tuned,Cobb catted DP, Borla CBE, GT Spec 4 point H brace. 18x8.5 Enkei PF01s, Kartboy Engine Pitch Stopper. Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings. Rallitek 25mm FSB, Rallitek 22mm RSB, Rallitek HD endlinks.
    "Can you imagine the eThug power you'll be able to wield as you type messages of death to JDM hating domestic car enthusiasts?"-TiC

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    change your signature
    I will on Monday or Tuesday when I pick it up.

Yeah... I'd have trouble justifying spending 100K+ on a single car when there are so many out there that are just as good if not better for half the price...
    Not really. There's nothing like G-wagen out there in terms of on or off road performance, plus looks. I like to call it beautifully ugly. And 6500 lb curb weight that does 0-60 in 6 secs? And can run any off road terrain known to man while you sit in a heated and cooled seat? No, you're paying for something. Whether you get what you pay for is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly'n Brian View Post
    Trust me I wish I had done this when I bought my STi bran new. Purchase a clear bra! The paint on the Subaru chips like a miner in a gold mine. It makes me cry everytime I wash my car and find another one. If I had it all over to do again I would have clear bra the SOB the day I brought it home.
    Hell no (no offense!). Road grime and chips are badges of honor to me. I don't use clear bras on any car and never will. Let the rocks fly!
    Scott

Hmm... I like the g wagen's, but don't know too much about them other then, they are powerfull, and expensive... I figured they would be pretty good off road, bu I assumed they'd be too delicate to do much like a russian fighter jet compaired to and american fighter...lol...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    That dealership is messing around with my car, been in the shop 5 times in december, and have to go back in monday. They cant find an evap leak.
    Sorry didn't mean to hijack thread, NICE CAR!

Actually might see you, as I will be in monday or tuesday.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Congrats on the new purchase man!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    welcome back! I love me some Limited
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Hmm... I like the g wagen's, but don't know too much about them other then, they are powerfull, and expensive... I figured they would be pretty good off road, bu I assumed they'd be too delicate to do much like a russian fighter jet compaired to and american fighter...lol...
    No they're built like the Germans typically build things. Indestructible tranny/chassis that I've bottomed out at 50+ mph on fire roads. It's all the little stuff that keeps on breaking. The pure mechanics of the car are unreal.

Yup powerful, 0-60 in a 6500 lb car in 6 secs. Expensive, yes, my sticker was $110k. I expected better in a vehicle costing that much!
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    No they're built like the Germans typically build things. Indestructible tranny/chassis that I've bottomed out at 50+ mph on fire roads. It's all the little stuff that keeps on breaking. The pure mechanics of the car are unreal.

Yup powerful, 0-60 in a 6500 lb car in 6 secs. Expensive, yes, my sticker was $110k. I expected better in a vehicle costing that much!
    Yeah... that's impresive, that's why they're the german Humvee... I just cant believe that a 110K car has that many problems being so new and with so few miles... Consumer Reports for Mercedes have been pretty bad... have you had any problems with the porsche?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.