Bought a new STI - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Bought a new STI within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by teflon_jones Yeah, the normal sedan comes with the regular wheels. I thought the BBS were an option ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Yeah, the normal sedan comes with the regular wheels. I thought the BBS were an option on the hatches too though. Only standard on the Limited???
    I am pretty sure that is why the hatch option is $2k more right off the bat. I am nearly positive they don't make hatches without BBS anymore. Could be wrong. If you have that pamphlet from the dealer it probably is in there (the one with the checklists of features for each model).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the STI purchase , link to pics is toast , i'll await too you pick it up and post some piccies
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    Congratulations Scott.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Yeah, normally they're reliable as hell, but I've had $10k in repairs in the last year. To be fair, a few grand of that was due to a shop blowing the head unit when they replaced the battery (which I didn't pay for). The rest of it was due to a blown o-ring on the oil cooler, which is a few dollar part, but requires dropping the engine. Then I had the alternator go. Thank god for the extended warranty I paid less than $500 out of pocket for everything!
    Such an elitist vehicle they don't have warranties? With that said, a definite congrats on the STI. You should be good to go for a few months/miles without too many out of pocket repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by economatic View Post
    Such an elitist vehicle they don't have warranties? With that said, a definite congrats on the STI. You should be good to go for a few months/miles without too many out of pocket repairs.
    It's an 04 so the factory warranty is up. I do have an extended warranty for 4 years/48k miles which only cost me $3500 or so, with a $100 deductible. So actually those $10k in repairs have only cost me about $500.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Pictures!

Scott
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.

No offense intended, but 2k+ a month payments sounds crazy!!! My mortgage in california is less than that G LOL!! Must be one sweet ride, I hope you enjoy beating every penny out of it. Congrats on the your new STI.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nello View Post
    No offense intended, but 2k+ a month payments sounds crazy!!! My mortgage in california is less than that G LOL!! Must be one sweet ride, I hope you enjoy beating every penny out of it. Congrats on the your new STI.
    He probably makes more money than you. Also...your car is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
    Last edited by Drews; 01-06-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Roffle @ parting out the old STI in the driveway
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Very nice, I love those wheels. I have yet to see a 2011 sti in person yet. I live about 40 minutes away from a dealer that has a Plasma Blue sti in stock. Might have to check it out some day.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Quote Originally Posted by nello View Post
    Car payments mean nothing to me. The cars do. Thanks on the congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    He probably makes more money than you. Also...your car is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
    I'm betting I make more money than anybody on this forum. Possibly twice as much. That's not the point. The cars and what you do with them are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    It's an interesting juxtaposition. Technically I now own 2 STI's. Of course one of them is only drivable if you put wheels on it and rolled it down a hill.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    Very nice, I love those wheels. I have yet to see a 2011 sti in person yet. I live about 40 minutes away from a dealer that has a Plasma Blue sti in stock. Might have to check it out some day.
    Yeah the wheels are pretty nice. They're also BBS which is hard to argue with. The car looks pretty darn good if I do say so myself.....
    Scott

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Beautiful STI! Definitely give us your first impressions when you're able!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    +1
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63 View Post
    Beautiful STI! Definitely give us your first impressions when you're able!

+1
    I'm now up to almost 400 miles on it and have started to push it a bit. I try and limit the revs to less than 4k, but it's hard with the short 6 speed gearbox.

So far, here's the basics:
    1. The suspension is WAY improved over previous models. Body roll is minimal. Suspension response is awesome. I have a hard time rating it though because I drive my 911 Turbo so much and it just dwarfs the STI in every respect. But it's a $150k Porsche 911 Turbo. Can't compare the two. I've started to push my STI harder as I rack up a few miles and it's pretty damn good.
    2. Turbo spool is slow. I seem to remember this from when my '04 STi was stock and then stage 2 made it way better. I'll be going stage 1 next month on it. I'd go stage 2 right away except for two reasons. First off, the curves Cobb shows on their site showed a huge difference between stage 1 and 2 in my '04. In the '11, it's not really a big difference. I trust Cobb. If you don't, then sorry, but I think you're dumb.
    3. Interior is awesome. Loving the Limited interior.
    4. Exterior is awesome. Very aggressive and though I'm not a fan of huge rear wings unless they're there for a purpose, I like what this STI has. Yeah, it's there for a purpose, but I'm a guy that drives cars that dwarf STI performance and don't need huge rear wings. But what a huge change from previous STI sedans.
    5. The sound is terrible. I'm already looking at an intake silencer delete, and since a Cobb DP will mate to the stock exhaust, stage 2 may not be far in my future. Sounds like nothing. Too tame!

AJ/ASRacing will be hooking me up with stage 1 next month and I'll post my impressions of that next month. I have to weigh my mods/money options out though because I'm looking at serious mods to both my 911 and my old school Ford. Hard to choose where to spend the dough. What I want to do to either of those is 5k each right now. Damn I need to kick my car addiction......
    Scott

I Support ClubWRX
    She looks great!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I'm now up to almost 400 miles on it and have started to push it a bit. I try and limit the revs to less than 4k, but it's hard with the short 6 speed gearbox......
    Congrats!

I can only imagine, even on my WRX its hard to stay on high gears (city driving though), I have to constantly downshift (got to step on it)

2K for car payment .. I'm guessing your a businessman rather a rank-n-file employee...
    Last edited by BANSwee; 01-08-2011 at 06:45 AM.
    2011 WRX HB in WR blue

budding audiophile

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.