Subaru Impreza 22B - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Subaru Impreza 22B within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Steve, sounds interesting, as you will know the type r and 22B are very much the same anyway, please tell ...

Steve, sounds interesting, as you will know the type r and 22B are very much the same anyway, please tell us more about the build.
    Also have you seen my build with the Legacy?
    When ocd meets opportunity ..... The 91 Legacy ss project
    Very much the same Idea, a Highly modified car but near stock on the outside

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    there is 1 22B rumored to be actually #13 sat at SOA HQ in Cherry Hill NJ
    (see earlier pics in this thread)

but you wanna see a lot of 22B's and many another rare scoobs usually you must go to the NBO in the UK held every summer for last 10yrs
    http://www.northernbigone.co.uk/

definitely worth it been a few time myself

NBO10
    NBO 10 photos...(U.K.)

NBO9
    NBO9 Photos....U.K.'s Largest Scooby Meet June 26th 2011

NBO8
    Northern Big One - NBO 8 Photos

Last edited by Weasel 555; 01-16-2013 at 04:18 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Hey man, how are you? Haven't seen you around for a while, yes the placebos spotting a 22B is the UK, and of course the one SOA have.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    there is 1 22B rumored to be actually #13 sat at SOA HQ in Cherry Hill NJ
    (see earlier pics in this thread)

but you wanna see a lot of 22B's and many another rare scoobs usually you must go to the NBO in the UK held every summer for last 10yrs
    Home

definitely worth it been a few time myself

NBO10
    NBO 10 photos...(U.K.)

NBO9
    NBO9 Photos....U.K.'s Largest Scooby Meet June 26th 2011

NBO8
    Northern Big One - NBO 8 Photos

Yeah I do recall that one Andy...they let the Philly Auto Show have it every so often, so I've seen it. It's beautiful (though some of the plastics on the body do have some cracking).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 22B05STI View Post
    Hey man, how are you? Haven't seen you around for a while, yes the placebos spotting a 22B is the UK, and of course the one SOA have.
    i've been good mate , busy with this n that and posting wrc news around various forums ...you still tearing up NZ in the 22B ?
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by 22B05STI View Post
    Steve, sounds interesting, as you will know the type r and 22B are very much the same anyway, please tell us more about the build.
    Also have you seen my build with the Legacy?
    When ocd meets opportunity ..... The 91 Legacy ss project
    Very much the same Idea, a Highly modified car but near stock on the outside
    Wow! that's a great project you have there with the Legacy

Yes, all 22B's began life as Version 4 Type R shells and were taken off the production line to have their special panels fitted etc., so they are similar in many ways.
    It is surprising however, just how much difference those extra 2-3 inches of width makes to the way the car feels/handles on the road. Those flared arches also seem a lot wider than they actually are, especially on the narrow/twisty country lanes which we have here in the UK (even more so when you find out the cost of replacement panels )

During the 6 years i owned the 22B I went through the process of restoring/refining it to the highest standard I could. I previously owned an RB5 (Richard Burns #5) Prodrive special edition from 2002-'05 like this one:-

This was my first Impreza and my dream car..... until I saw a 22B with WRC reg plate driving through the town near where I live

As soon as I saw the 22B on the road I decided I just had to have one, so spent the next year saving up like crazy and put my RB5 up for sale. As fate would have it - the following week after a buyer left a deposit for my RB5 - the actual 22B complete with WRC reg plate i'd seen near where I live came up for sale, so I went straight down and bought it

Here are a couple of pics taken with my phone when I first saw it:-

I'll continue with the story tomorrow......

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    i've been good mate , busy with this n that and posting wrc news around various forums ...you still tearing up NZ in the 22B ?
    No, I am in northern california, still own the 22B but it's still in NZ

Is that NZ as in New Zealand?

Quote Originally Posted by crooked vulture View Post
    Is that NZ as in New Zealand?
    Yes, its in New Zealand, in south Island!

My Sister lives out there not far from Taupo in the North.
    A beautiful country & some great driving roads,hoping to live there myself one day.
    The 22B is the ultimate car for NZ roads I would say.(North anyway,never been to the South)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234