Subaru Impreza 22B - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subaru Impreza 22B within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Subaru Impreza 22B

This is such a beautiful car. I Love 2 doors, now if only I convence convince my wife that she loves them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegt92 View Post
    This is such a beautiful car. I Love 2 doors, now if only I convence convince my wife that she loves them too.
    Yes, I could not claim that I own the 22B, we own the 22B, I am very fortunate to have a great wife that supports my hobbies and goes to races and car shows and Airshows with me.
    On that note she entered a contest on Subygirls.com with a photo of her and the 22B unfortunately it did not get enough votes however the photo is on the cover of the calendar. I think it should have made it in specially with how much she is involved.
    Anyway here is the photo

The calendar can be bought here
    SubieGirls.com January-December 2013 Calendar by Subie Girls (Calendar) - Lulu
    Subygirls are active with Scoobies for boobies and I think it's a good cause as I lost my grandmother far too early to cancer!

Quote Originally Posted by 22B05STI View Post
    Good to see you like my old 22.... that photo brings back some nice memories

Steve

btw, that's a truly stunning example you have there

Yes, she is stunning isn't she

Ha ha! Yeah you're a luck man for sure

I wish i could get my wife to show some interest in my cars..... she won't go near any of them!

Anyway, here's a couple more of mine for you..... firstly my fave from that day out with my friend Richy in October '09

A rare sight to see two 22b's out together (the traffic cop that pulled us over later that day thought so too )

And a couple more taken in October 2010 after i'd finished a full detail before putting her away for winter:-

Scenery not as stunning as your pics, but i hope you like anyways

Steve
    Last edited by S10 WRC; 01-21-2013 at 02:27 AM.

Hi Steve, cool pictures, that would have been a blast out with two 22B Impreza's. Your car looks very very clean, I take it you sold it? Please feel free to add any more pictures you have of your one or anything related, help keep this thread interesting
    I am definately fortunate my wife supports my interests,and she just happens to be one of mine

22B pr0n. Love it!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Very cool - there is a kid down the street that has a 2 door blue that looks JUST like these... his side mirrors are different and probably aftermarket as they look they they were molded from the frame (aero looking) .. I wonder if his is a 22B?

Do all 22B's have the badge on the trunk?
    2012 WRX Hatchback ISM - Base Model - STI STS, SPT Boost Gauge, AEM Intake, TP Stage 1 Tune, red illumination kit, cobb shift knob, 20% tint - currently on stock wheels wrapped in Pirelli Winter Carving Edge Tires
    Some cool tidbits to come...

Quote Originally Posted by mgmoehn View Post
    Very cool - there is a kid down the street that has a 2 door blue that looks JUST like these... his side mirrors are different and probably aftermarket as they look they they were molded from the frame (aero looking) .. I wonder if his is a 22B?

Do all 22B's have the badge on the trunk?
    22Bs were not sold in the US.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    22Bs were not sold in the US.

Thanks... of course that makes sense! Never any of the cool cars get sold in the US or the cooler features
    2012 WRX Hatchback ISM - Base Model - STI STS, SPT Boost Gauge, AEM Intake, TP Stage 1 Tune, red illumination kit, cobb shift knob, 20% tint - currently on stock wheels wrapped in Pirelli Winter Carving Edge Tires

Quote Originally Posted by mgmoehn View Post
    Thanks... of course that makes sense! Never any of the cool cars get sold in the US or the cooler features
    Seriously. No S20*s...no Skylines...no 22Bs, so sad.

No RS4!!!! WTF! One day I will have enough money for an RS4... then I would likely spend it on a track car and not a DD

i could look at 22B's all day. all my problems disappear. then i realize i dont have one and most likely never well then i get sad again.

Quote Originally Posted by 22B05STI View Post
    Hi Steve, cool pictures, that would have been a blast out with two 22B Impreza's. Your car looks very very clean, I take it you sold it? Please feel free to add any more pictures you have of your one or anything related, help keep this thread interesting
    I am definately fortunate my wife supports my interests,and she just happens to be one of mine

Yeah, it was an awesome day that one

I was running a construction project up in the Midlands (around 150miles from home) at the time and needed to take some equipment up to site on the Sunday afternoon. The weather was good so i figured - what the hell, i'll take the 22b for a run and meet up with my friend Richy on the way..... so we met up for lunch at a pub somewhere in the middle of Wales and spent the afternoon tearing up the mountain passes around the Elan valley

It was the last real good run i had in the car, as my little boy was born on Christmas day 2009 hence i didn't get to go out much in 2010..... then in early 2011 i had a relapse of an old back injury and decided (after 6 years of ownership) to put her up for sale

It was a tough decision to make and sometimes a regretful one, but since she went i've recovered from my back trouble (well mostly) and have gone on to build a fully focused Track/Sprint/Hillclimb weapon using a nice 2 door Version 6 STi Type R as a base car.

Work on the Type R is still in progress and nowhere near finished yet, but here is a recent pic taken at Prodrive (Subaru World Rally Team HQ) last October:-

The concept is to build a car that looks as stock/JDM as possible from the outside, with all the nice motorsport-spec toys hidden underneath

The spec-list is quite interesting.....

Steve
    Last edited by S10 WRC; 01-16-2013 at 02:00 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast