What kind of milage are you actually getting on your 2011 WRX?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What kind of milage are you actually getting on your 2011 WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello again all! I am getting ready to receive my new 2011 WRX limited hatch in white next week or ...

What kind of milage are you actually getting on your 2011 WRX?

Hello again all!

I am getting ready to receive my new 2011 WRX limited hatch in white next week or the week after. I am wondering what kind of mileage my fellow 2011 WRX owners are actually getting? Please make a note if yours is an STI. I can't wait to find out what people are actually seeing.

Oh and don't forget to include how/where you drive. (i.e. heavy foot - mountain roads)

Thanks in advance
    Peace, Love, Unity.
    DenverDrew
    Last edited by DenverDrew; 09-20-2010 at 02:56 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm averaging about 22 MPG. Of course, I only have 500 miles on it so far, so no heavy foot yet. I drive back roads with 45 or 55 MPH speed limits on my daily commute. Can't wait to see what it gets on a trip. It's a 2010 WRX 5 door.

Well considering the 2010 and the 2011's are essentially the same, i can tell you that I average 24-25mpg (calculated...readout is always about ~1mpg higher). BUT, I drive 30miles one way to work all highway...so yeah lol. If you driver it around town and have a lead foot i would guestimate around 16mpg. If you drive normal you can easily see the EPA's estimates no problem. I drove my car back from maryland (i live in NY) when I bought it brand new and saw 26mpg right off the bat!! Good luck with it and congrats!!
    Stink-Eye Member #83
    2010 WRX Hatch Limited, Obsidian Black Pearl with Sports Grille
    Tinted windows/tails, TurboXS CBE

2011 WRX (not STi) with 1,900 miles. I am getting 24 or 25 on highway trips, as long as I keep it around 70mph or below. Around town mixed driving seems to be 21 or 22. Having fun, enjoying that turbo wine.......well below 20, but above 15 (not by much). It's all dependent upon how you drive it. It's very hard not to lay into it every now and then.

I Support ClubWRX
    2010 WRX, 7600 miles, the gas mileage indicator shows 27.4. I haven't checked the gas mileage mathmatically or anything, just went by the indicator. I live in Colorado Springs and drive 32 miles one way to work, starting on a dirt road to rural to highway to city driving. I usually don't get into the turbo much unless I need to merge, pass, or just go.
    And I can hardly wait to drive it in the snow again.

In my 2009 I'm getting on average 22.5MPG... that's a mixture of highway and city driving. On the highway usually doing around 70-75MPH. This thing really loves to guzzle gas when you go WOT! It's pretty crazy how much gas you go through when pushing it hard. I always joke with my friends how thirsty this damn turbo is lol.
    2009 Subaru WRX (Hatch/Satin White Pearl) (*SOLD!*)

My '05 averages 25 overall... Not bad.
    When life hands you lemons,force induction.

Quote Originally Posted by Stawgn10 View Post
    2010 WRX, 7600 miles, the gas mileage indicator shows 27.4. I haven't checked the gas mileage mathmatically or anything, just went by the indicator. I live in Colorado Springs and drive 32 miles one way to work, starting on a dirt road to rural to highway to city driving. I usually don't get into the turbo much unless I need to merge, pass, or just go.
    And I can hardly wait to drive it in the snow again.
    Another CO Scooby driver, nice! I drive from Denver to Louisville every day (28 miles) and I am getting about 26-30mpg in my 08 Civic SI but in the winter the little civic is horrendous. Plus it has a 11 gallon tank with a 1 gallon reserve which makes the total range on a tank of gas about 75% of the new rex.

Thanks everyone who has responded so far, this is great info. I'm thinking I can push the upper limit ~26-27mpg during the week and let the rex drink up on the weekend up in the mountains. I love Colorado driving.
    Peace, Love, Unity.
    DenverDrew

Quote Originally Posted by DenverDrew View Post
    I love Colorado driving.
    Too bad us higher elevation folk lose so much power compared to the sea level folk. I'm only at ~3600', can't imagine 5200+.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverDrew View Post
    Another CO Scooby driver, nice! I drive from Denver to Louisville every day (28 miles) and I am getting about 26-30mpg in my 08 Civic SI but in the winter the little civic is horrendous. Plus it has a 11 gallon tank with a 1 gallon reserve which makes the total range on a tank of gas about 75% of the new rex.

Thanks everyone who has responded so far, this is great info. I'm thinking I can push the upper limit ~26-27mpg during the week and let the rex drink up on the weekend up in the mountains. I love Colorado driving.
    I'm driving my 89 prelude to work and back more, trying to keep the miles on the subie to 12000-15000 a year. I figure 3000-4000 miles just for skiing this year, so I'll drive the prelude more. It's fun too, but I have to plan ahead to pass.

Wow, I'm pretty impressed with the mpg numbers people are getting. Are most of you still stock or AP? People are syaing the '11 tune is leaner than th '10 to eek out some extra mpgs.

I Support ClubWRX
    I am getting between 24 and 25 mpg on my 2011 WRX.
    '11 Red WRX Premium
    '12 Black Camaro 2SS
    '05 Maxima
    '00 Acura TL

"A man's got to know his limitations"
    Harry Callahan, Magnum Force

I have about 1300 miles on my 2011, and I'm currently at ~23.5mpg. I have a 40 mile commute each way to work on the freeway. Currently bone stock.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    Wow, I'm pretty impressed with the mpg numbers people are getting. Are most of you still stock or AP? People are syaing the '11 tune is leaner than th '10 to eek out some extra mpgs.
    Mine's completely stock.

I'm right at about 1000 miles on my 2011. I'm seeing an average of 22 with mixed driving. 24-25 on the highway.

I have definitely not laid into it yet, although that will be changing this weekend when I get back from this business trip

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.