What kind of milage are you actually getting on your 2011 WRX? - Page 8
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

This is a discussion on What kind of milage are you actually getting on your 2011 WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How are You guys getting such good milage.... You guys getting ur info based on the dashboard one right? I ...

How are You guys getting such good milage....
    You guys getting ur info based on the dashboard one right?
    I get like 15 or 16 if im lucky....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just did a 400 mile trip and averaged 28.9 on hwy and got 365miles to one tank before I needed a fill up. Best I've got so far. That was at about 65-70mph. And some light city driving

Quote Originally Posted by MrNoodles View Post
    How are You guys getting such good milage....
    You guys getting ur info based on the dashboard one right?
    I get like 15 or 16 if im lucky....
    No, the dashboard is consistently wrong IMO, I just do pure math. Miles traveled divided by fill amount. Even with the SI-drive in sharp the entire time, I averaged 20.3MPG for my last tank.

Oh man I surely hoPe the dashboard is wrong lol
    I'll keep in count how many gallons I pump next time
    Only drove 500 miles so far

Per the obc (I'll do the math next fill-up) my last tank averaged 24.9 mpg, which was a pretty decent mix of city/ highway/ stomping the gas lol. I try to use the cruise control on the highway whenever possible and it seems to help mpgs.

Currently - Ft. Campbell, KY; originally from - Boulder, CO
    I'm new to the forum and I know this is an older thread but WTF... I'll use it as a thread-count addition since it'll only be my 2nd post... I drove about 30miles around town after purchasing my new '11 ReX today - watched it roll over 100miles on the OD! LOL... when I got home it said I averaged 20.4mpg... not bad compared the the average 15mpg I WAS getting on my OTHER Rex ('04 RX8)

I've now 56k mi on my 2010.. it gets right around 24.7-25mpg with the combination of driving that I do and how I drive. Factory tune, turboxs cbe and factory air filter.

Very curious to see what happens when I go stgI.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I'm running stageI + SF (tweaked by a protuner) and I'm still getting about the same mileage (arguably slightly better if you consider the added ~12HP)

I can't get more than 21-22mpg driving to work unless I go 70 or less on the freeway all the time (60-70 = 26mpg). 75-80 = 22mpg. 85+ = 21. In-town with a lot of lights = 16-18.

My mother's 2011 Legacy was getting 35mpg on highways, but she's only getting ~23mpg in-town going to work (almost no freeway).

I guess if you want good fuel economy (especially in town) you need a Prius.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

In my 2010 Wrx sedan, I have gotten 25.5 average highway mpg keeping it around 80.
    In town with 'spirited' driving I get around 19-21..

11' WRX real world M.P.G. and M.P.Tank?

I only have access to this form thru the tapatalk app and the search function did not come up with any matches. That being said I am wondering what you guys are seeing mile per gallon and mile per tank (when the low fuel light comes on) in real world conservative driving (not flooring it everywhere)? Also what size is the fuel tank?

Edit: Naturally right after I make this thread I find the same one.

Sent from tapatalk.
    2011 Base WRX

The telltale MPG thingy states 21.9 mpg...haven't really checked a tank full yet, or calculated it myself.
    2011 WRX Limited - WR Blue Pearl

I Support ClubWRX
    Merginated into existing conversation.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Monster View Post
    No, the dashboard is consistently wrong IMO, I just do pure math. Miles traveled divided by fill amount. Even with the SI-drive in sharp the entire time, I averaged 20.3MPG for my last tank.
    Weird how some dash computers are off so much. Mine is always within +/- 0.3 (usually within 0.1) MPG of the computer readout (double-checking with some math at the fill-up station).

I've changed my shifting habits a bit watching the computer (up-shifting into the next gear on 35mph type roads, etc. than I normally would) and I'm still lucky to get 21-23mpg locally. Freeway trips can go as high as 28mpg, but that's mostly all freeway to get that. Mixed I can get 24-26.5 depending on the ratio of highway or freeway to in-town. I was getting 19-22 mpg on my '04 WRX (but that was before adjusting my shifting), so I'd say they're pretty similar in gas mileage except the '11 has a lot more power.

It's still kind of lousy even if you stay off the turbo considering it's a 2011 4-banger (look at what everyone else's 4-cylinders are getting these days, some even with a small available turbo like the Chevy Cruise). One would think that without using the turbo, Subaru could have managed a measly 30-31mpg on the freeway and 23-24 in town. Not even close. Maybe the next-gen.... OTOH, I didn't buy this car for gas mileage. That doesn't mean I enjoy filling up the tank.

I'm curious where other people see the low-fuel light come on. Mine came on at the 1/8 mark and supposedly 4 gallons left in the tank a couple of weeks ago. Unless that was a glitch, that's way off. It's not supposed to come on until around 2.5 or even 2.0 gallons left. It left me wondering if my tank is filling up all the way at the station. Maybe the automatic shut-off is coming on early? I'm not sure how I could possibly check that, except maybe to top it off until it overflows, but I don't care for that idea given the effect of gas on paint.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

its not so much the engines fault, its the AWD. It takes a good amount of power to spin those differentials, axles, and driveshaft. The WRX is always spinning those items,
    FWD only has 1 differential and 2 axles, right off the trans
    RWD has a long driveshaft, that uses a bit more power to turn than a FWD
    AWD has all of these to turn.

What is aggrevating is that a heavier S4 with 2 more cylinders and a less efficient supercharger, gets better mileage.
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED