What kind of milage are you actually getting on your 2011 WRX? - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

This is a discussion on What kind of milage are you actually getting on your 2011 WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Highway I'm around 375 - 400, commuting to work (60% highway, 40% city) I'm at 300 - 320 but I ...

Highway I'm around 375 - 400, commuting to work (60% highway, 40% city) I'm at 300 - 320 but I don't let it run too close to empty.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i get about 20.9MPG..

and i dont drive fast..i drive normal and i usually drive half local and half highway..

i never get close to 300 miles...

something wrong with my car? how do you get 375 or 400???

Quote Originally Posted by taekyong15 View Post
    how do you get 375 or 400???
    Fuel capacity is 16.9, but you're likely to start sputtering at just past 16, so to get 400 miles to a tank, you'd have to average nearly 25mpg. Something I've never been able to do, even on long trips, keeping it under 70 and never accelerating hard.

Quote Originally Posted by taekyong15 View Post
    something wrong with my car? how do you get 375 or 400???
    I'm getting about 27-28MPG highway and 24MPG puttering around town. Quality stage 1 tune FTW!!
    Stink eye mob #727

I Support ClubWRX
    Merged into existing thread.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    I'm getting about 27-28MPG highway and 24MPG puttering around town. Quality stage 1 tune FTW!!
    Does your car EVER see boost?

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Does your car EVER see boost?
    I don't drive it like I stole it but I have fun A lot of cruise control and a steady pace on the highway.
    Stink eye mob #727

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I don't drive it like I stole it but I have fun A lot of cruise control and a steady pace on the highway.
    I get 18mpg if I'm lucky. And that's taking it easy.

I Support ClubWRX
    A lot of cruise control
    This car has cruise control?Lol,I haven't used it yet.

I get a steady 24mpg.I keep to the speed limit & rip it whenever I get to on ramps,merges,etc.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    LOL, 6-8 trips per year from Ohio to Florida would wear me out without it.
    Stink eye mob #727

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX

I get a steady 24mpg.I keep to the speed limit & rip it whenever I get to on ramps,merges,etc.
    There are no freeways/highways near where I live. My commute is about a 7 mile drive from my house to my office. The nearest interstate is I10 but thats ~30 minutes away. So as for my highway mileage...I have no clue. Plus I can't really get on it anywhere around here because I've already been pulled over once for doing 35 in a 40.

I Support ClubWRX
    There are no freeways/highways near where I live. My commute is about a 7 mile drive from my house to my office. The nearest interstate is I10 but thats ~30 minutes away. So as for my highway mileage...I have no clue. Plus I can't really get on it anywhere around here because I've already been pulled over once for doing 35 in a 40.
    I don't do any highway driving either.I'm talking about the many parkways we have around here.The speed limit is 50 on the parkways & usually I merge from a STOP.So I let it rip till 50 & then do the speed limit.Parkways ftw.

I usually take the twisty Bronx River parkway http://www.nycroads.com/roads/bronx-river/
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I don't do any highway driving either.I'm talking about the many parkways we have around here.The speed limit is 50 on the parkways & usually I merge from a STOP.So I let it rip till 50 & then do the speed limit.Parkways ftw.

I usually take the twisty Bronx River parkway Bronx River Parkway
    We have zero fun roads around here. Unless you wanna do some offroading. The town I live in is known for the most police of anywhere in the universe. The county sheriff's department and administrative building are right by my house. There are at least 2 or 3 of them sitting at the Raceway on the main drag. I tried to let it rip from like 15 to 40 and got pulled over before I even hit 35.

I Support ClubWRX
    I tried to let it rip from like 15 to 40 and got pulled over before I even hit 35.
    for what?and they gave you a ticket?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I got 27.8-28.2 on the way to Parry Sound from Ohio (got gas around 380 miles), mostly freeway, turnpike and highway (stock). I'm at 21.9 right now going back and forth to work and a lot of local shopping over the past two days plus one 50 mile trip on a highway in 5th (start of tank there; had 26 when I got home). Turbo on local plus 85+ on freeway gets more like 20, maybe 22 if mostly freeway. I don't get above 23 unless I keep it under 75. 60-65 in 5th will do 28.2 in the long run. This is all stock. I'd be curious to see how it changes with a Stage 1 tune.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.