What kind of milage are you actually getting on your 2011 WRX? - Page 5
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What kind of milage are you actually getting on your 2011 WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I get around 20.5 mpg but I can't seem to get my foot off the floor. I have had it ...

I get around 20.5 mpg but I can't seem to get my foot off the floor. I have had it up to 24-25mpg but by the time I get to the gas station it's always down to around 20mpg.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    average on odometer (over 2600 mi) - 21.9mpg, but on trips it does between 22.5-23.1mpg
    2011.WRX.PRM.GRB.WRB
    Stink-Eye Mob #103

odometer after ~2500 miles is 21.0 mpg
    But pure highway driving at around 65-85mph gets me ~25-26 mpg.

my 2010 wrx stock would get about 27mpg on the freeway under 70mph, then after I lowered it 2 inches with coilovers, installed lighten pulley, put in full synthetic in the engine, transmission, diffs, and added a K&N filter along with a TurboXS dual exhast I see about 29mpg. Driving back and forth to work 7 miles one way with 14 lights/stop signs I get about 19.5 mpg.

These figures are from me using a home calculator not the in car average which tends to read about + 1mpg
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Thomas Jefferson

Recently bought my 2011 wrx sedan and still in break in period. It show 22,5 but i would guess its around 21-22 hand calculated (i didnt calculate tho). I drive mostly city so ill say 80% city/20% highway but there is low traffic and not alot of stop sign/light (really small town) Havent tested highway only, will probably do when i go on a trip but its not part of my DD anyway.

I havent used the A/C much, only got one or 2 hot day since i got it, i put 91 from Petro Canada (Sunoco)
    Last edited by Ticopain; 05-28-2011 at 08:58 AM.

I just got back from a trip to Canada. I was getting 16-20mpg locally driving to work prior to this trip and as high as 24mpg on longer trips. I passed the 1000 mile mark in New York on the way up (I haven't exactly been over-babying the car and did turbo more than a few times briefly during break-in according to a performance site's recommendations to fully seat piston rings on newer cars, but overall still took it pretty easy most of the time). Gas mileage has shot way up during the trip.

I was getting 27-28 mpg in Canada on 91 Octane going 60-70mph (their speed limits are a bit low up there; 60 is as high as it gets, not that anyone follows it ANYWHERE up there, but I was taking it easy to see how the car performed for gas on the long trip to Parry Sound) and including in-town driving in both Parry Sound and Niagara Falls and what not, still averaging 26mpg overall. I could never it get it any higher than 28.2 mpg, though (but it sat at 27.9 at 70mph for huge periods of time (i.e. hours) unless I had to pass in a hurry or something when it would drop down a tad momentarily and would kick up to 28.2 if I went 55mph or was going slightly down hill at 65-70). This is with two people and a considerable amount of luggage in the car (and a big pop cooler).

Once I filled up back in New York with 93 Octane (E10 gas for sure there; didn't notice if any/all the others were or not), I actually did worse (similar to the 93 tank that got me part way into Canada from Ohio) and only got 25-26.5 mpg most of the time unless I went 55-60mph (then it would creep up again). I really wonder if the ECU is not dealing with 93 very well (too rich for the stock map?) since I could easily get 27.6mpg at 72mph on the 91 Octane in Canada with the cruise on (definitely 1.5mpg lower with cruise at same speed in US on 93 octane).

It's a little disappointing in that I could get 30mpg on my '04 WRX on the same trip with full freeway with summer tires (the Goodyear Tripletread all seasons definitely killed that there by 2mpg, though), but at least it's much better than the crappy 20mpg I was getting here going to work. But I did notice the car did a LOT better once it fully warmed up (I mean driving 18-20+ miles, not 12-13 like I do going to work each way).

The car creeps much better than early miles (I was going like 1mph today in a parking lot with the clutch fully engaged and it showed no signs of stalling. That's better than my old ProbeGT, which could creep at 2-3mph whereas my old '88 Cavalier Z24 would stall under 5mph if you didn't disengage the clutch).

I've gotten used to the full throw gearshift (after having STS in the '04 the whole time, but a full throw in the Probe and Z24 before that) and given the long ratio between 1st and 2nd, I'm wondering if I'm making a mistake putting a STS in tomorrow. If I take my time shifting full throw (i.e. easing it, not pulling/pushing it), it feels fairly natural now and I drive smooth as butter at this point rev-matching (can't feel the shifts at all in either direction; I shift a bit faster on higher gears, of course). A short throw is just going to mean I'm sitting in the next gear waiting to let the clutch out for rev-matching and may feel less natural (making me want to get a lighter flywheel which in turn would probably give Subaru a good excuse to void the warranty if I had any issues). I've got the Kartboy bushings ready to install as well and that might make it more notchy/sudden from what I've read (making the relaxed 'easing' style shifting more difficult or maybe impossible?) I guess I'll be finding out soon.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

dmk
    I have not seen any better than 23MPG on my '11 with 500m on it, mostly highway. Most of the time I'm getting around 20mpg, but I'm an acceleration junkie. I am having a real hard time fighting the urge to step on it when the light goes green.

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    All I do is city driving, and with almost 2K on the car, I'm averaging a steady 16.2MPG. I'm sure if I slowed down I could squeeze a few more MPGs out of the car, but what fun would that be?

I filled up at a station that had gas 30 cents less than everywhere else I've seen last night with a little less than half a tank since New York. The trip computer was dead-on at 25.2 mpg when I filled up.

I was showing a friend the car and taking the back roads to where we were going. I got stuck behind some guy 45-55 around the winding road. I hit the turbo getting onto the freeway and a few times before we got to where we were going pretty hard to demonstrate the car's power. I still got 27.9 mpg over about 20 miles to where we were going. On the way back, there was little traffic and I passed the one guy in front of me at about 85 and then went 60-75 through the same twisty country roads most of the way back to my house, mostly in 3rd and 4th gear the whole way. I ended up getting 24mpg for the whole trip from the fill-up station (maybe 60 miles total?) Considering I was pouring it on, I'm fairly impressed with the fuel economy I got under the conditions (also started pouring rain halfway back; fortunately I was past the turns by then so I didn't have to slow down really, but I did have to turn the defroster on with the A/C to unfog the windows, which may have contributed to the lower end total mileage.

I haven't been back to my regular work schedule yet (coming off vacation tomorrow) so I'll see if overall gas mileage continues to stay high or goes back to the 20mpg I was getting the first 500 miles. I'd be a lot happier with 24 than 20 driving to work every day given gas prices and the monotony of the trip.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

dmk
    Quote Originally Posted by dmk View Post
    I have not seen any better than 23MPG on my '11 with 500m on it, mostly highway. Most of the time I'm getting around 20mpg, but I'm an acceleration junkie. I am having a real hard time fighting the urge to step on it when the light goes green.
    Update on this. 800miles on the odometer now and I flashed my ECU with a Torque Performance Stage 1 tune at 550 miles.

Today I took a 70 mile trip, 80% Interstate with speeds up to 75mph, 15% rural highway (45-55mph), 5% stop & go in town. Got 28mpg going and 26mpg coming back. Didn't granny it, but stayed out of the boost the whole way except for a couple times passing.

Not sure why the 2mpg difference in the return trip. Maybe because I drove down in the morning and the trip back was in the afternoon and warmer. ??
    Last edited by dmk; 06-17-2011 at 01:35 PM.

Not boosting in a WRX is grannying it. I managed near 28mpg (all still stock) with a couple of boosts. The real mileage killer is stop'n'go. I averaged ~26.5 mpg on my Canadian trip to Parry Sound and back. With perhaps 200 freeway miles and maybe 50 city/town miles, I could get around 26mpg. Pure freeway was 27-28 depending on speed and whether I was passing much or not. I think I got better mileage when it was warmer out, really. I'm barely getting 23 going to work and back but that's better than the 20 I was getting (key there is not to go 80+mph. Anything much beyond 70 kills mileage pretty fast as does passing with turbo a lot in mixed traffic to get around slow-pokes). The combo of the two = 18-20mpg (16 in the city). I'm now at a bit over 2k miles. Mileage seems better than when it was new, overall. I'm at 23.8 right now and that's with quite a bit of turbo on the freeway to pass, averaging maybe 68-72mph + trips on a few 45-55 highways (including a few white-knuckle 90+mph passes on 2-lane (I don't like sitting in that left lane any longer than a I have to, especially if I can't see terribly far ahead; I downshift and floor it!)

I average 22mpg. If I really get into the turbo for a whole tank I may get 20.

New 2011 Subaru WRX, what miles do you get with full tank?

Hi i currently have 2011 Subaru WRX Premium..

i would like to know what miles do you get with the full tank with your WRX?

with my WRX full tank about 13.445/gal and i get about 270miles right after the empty gas light comes on.

i get about 21 - 20 mpg...

what do you guys get?

Stock tires I usually get ~305 miles per tank. With the snow tires, I got ~280. My thing-a-ma-jig says I get ~22.5MPG pretty consistently with stockers, and ~20.5 with the snows. I'm too lazy to actually do the math.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

--Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX