What kind of milage are you actually getting on your 2011 WRX? - Page 13
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

This is a discussion on What kind of milage are you actually getting on your 2011 WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Igor103 '11 WRX, almost a 1000mi trip (to Sno*Drift and back), various speeds and surfaces, average 22.5 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Igor103 View Post
    '11 WRX, almost a 1000mi trip (to Sno*Drift and back), various speeds and surfaces, average 22.5
    That's about what I got on my 500mile trip. Half of that trip was probably under 65mph, whilst the other was about 79mph.

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    It wouldn't have helped. The 6mt ends up with the same final drive, its just sticking another gear in the middle to keep the ratios closer.

I still get a laugh out of that notion, but its an easy one to fall into. Another funny thing about our own cars, tuning will not only yield you better power but also better fuel mileage. Now that's some neat ****!
    Wait a minute. So, you're saying if I go stage 1 (or 2) I'll actually get better fuel economy? That seems counter-intuitive.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yep, over the last 250 mi of around town driving and not exactly being easy on the car I'm making 23.4-23.7 mpg. That's mostly city with occaisional short highway runs between city driving. Open highway I can make around 29-30mpg. Rough guess on power since I've not dyno'd yet.. I'm closer to 300ftlb torqe and about same for hp.

As you increase flow through the engine and tune you increase the volumetric efficiency of the engine. To a point you'll gain fuel mileage. StageI and mild stageII tunes will yield you pretty decent fuel mileage. More aggressive stageII will usually put you back around factory epa mileage. Which is still pretty good considering the increase in power.

Take synolimit's build for example. There's a good bit of work into that rig and he's making better power AND mileage than I am at a mildly tuned stageII.

Turbo engines are fun aren't they? lol
    Last edited by mangostick; 02-03-2012 at 11:10 AM.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

It wouldn't have helped. The 6mt ends up with the same final drive, its just sticking another gear in the middle to keep the ratios closer.

I still get a laugh out of that notion, but its an easy one to fall into. Another funny thing about our own cars, tuning will not only yield you better power but also better fuel mileage. Now that's some neat ****!
    I hate telling the tree huggers in Boulder the ride is 20mpg something. Maybe i'll fib next time. Doesn't the new Imprezza see 36MPG?

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep, over the last 250 mi of around town driving and not exactly being easy on the car I'm making 23.4-23.7 mpg. That's mostly city with occaisional short highway runs between city driving. Open highway I can make around 29-30mpg. Rough guess on power since I've not dyno'd yet.. I'm closer to 300ftlb torqe and about same for hp.

As you increase flow through the engine and tune you increase the volumetric efficiency of the engine. To a point you'll gain fuel mileage. StageI and mild stageII tunes will yield you pretty decent fuel mileage. More aggressive stageII will usually put you back around factory epa mileage. Which is still pretty good considering the increase in power.

Take synolimit's build for example. There's a good bit of work into that rig and he's making better power AND mileage than I am at a mildly tuned stageII.

Turbo engines are fun aren't they? lol
    thats why i want to run a staged tune, more power and gas mileage, cant beat that
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I got 23.7mpg on the way back from my recent trip (rain, cold temperatures and high winds) averaging 65-70. I had as high as 31mpg on a tank fillup, but that was going 55-60mph in dry weather with no defrost on. The car seems pretty picky about its range.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

With the first 4,500 miles of mine, I've averaged 24.6 so far. I go fairly easy on it, especially in stop-and-go driving, but give the red dragon a little more juice from time to time when a nice open road asks for it.
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

1800 miles, i get 18 highway 14 street. i dont drive like a woman

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Najarian View Post
    haha i guess not
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

- Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

yeah me neither. my car has no scratches, dents, or abrasions on it whatsoever.
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

I Support ClubWRX
    You don't put on makeup while driving?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You don't put on makeup while reading a book and talking your cell phone all while driving?
    fixed.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    14 mpg vs 24 mpg you can call the driving which ever you want lol
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Eh, I see a lot of people driving around, wasting engine/brake life and gas needlessly. Absolutely useless to floor it between red lights.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Eh, I see a lot of people driving around, wasting engine/brake life and gas needlessly. Absolutely useless to floor it between red lights.
    What are you, un-american?!

- Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.