MY 03 WRX wagon build
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on MY 03 WRX wagon build within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I will post all photos after. I bought my silver 03 WRX wagon in july of 2008 with 69xxxmiles on ...

NJO

MY 03 WRX wagon build

I will post all photos after.

I bought my silver 03 WRX wagon in july of 2008 with 69xxxmiles on it. it was 100% bone stock and had "never been in an accident"(i soon came to find out this was a lie). i started off with new speakers, subs, in dash dvd, alarm, HIDs, and tints. then i got a APS cold air intake and soon after bought and SRS cat back exhaust system, but i still wanted more. i then bought an accessport, downpipe, and new top mount intercooler, and some new wheels, but still it was not fast enough, or loud enough. i went through several different exhausts, SPT, STi, etc, etc, and then finally ended up with and invidia that i decided to keep for a while. now that the sound was getting where i wanted it i decided to get headers and up pipe to create some more power. about this time is when i started to want to get into some track days and auto x stuff, this turned into me removing most of the interior front seats back. i started selling my audio stuff for new exhausts and other little parts... about a year after owning the car i came out of the movie theater and found my car to be keyed... insurance didnt cover it so i rattle canned it flat black.

i was still unhappy with how the car drove and how slow it was so i purchased a ground control coilover kit (which was crap),a vf39 turbo, front mount intercooler, stock modded injectors that flowed 814cc, and a new fuel pump. i had a bad boost leak and would peak around 8psi, and was not tuned and started finally be impressed with how fast it was running and with little bit of weight savings, i then purchased some k-sport coilovers which are 100000times better and the car started to feel like it was coming together.

about 5 months ago my clutch started slipping and the rattle can paint job started to peel, and fall off. soo i started to rip out the entire interior, all the doors, windows everything untill there wa snothing left and i could start painting from the shell up. and noone could tell it had been repainted except for the non subaru color.... about 3 1/2 months into the project (about a month and a half ago)i broke my collar bone in a motocross crash and siince then i have been unable to work on the car... untill now.

i still am not able to lift anythign and am limited to one hand but with the interior being done with paint i decided to get all the wiring and everyhtin back in and get her started.

mod list as of now-
    engine-
    -ebay headers
    -ebay up-pipe
    -invidia bellmouth downpipe
    -custom bent straight pipe catback
    -ihi vf39
    -turbo xs rfl blow off valve
    -godspeed front mount intercooler
    -spt short ram intake
    -ebay turbo inlet hose
    -cobb ligtweight crank pulley
    -a/c delete
    -power enterprise timing belt
    -tomei timing belt guide
    -grimmspeed boost controller
    -mishimoto radiator
    -samco radiator hoses
    -accessport runnin stage 2
    -modded stock injectors
    -walbro fuel pump
    and soon to come ewg, intake manifold, reverse intake manifold, new front mount, equal length headers, catch can, engine mounts, built engine, dom 2.5 turbo.

wheels/suspension-
    -ksport coilovers
    -whiteline Anti lift kit
    -whiteline steering rack bushings
    -camber kit
    and soon to come sway bars, full bushing set, strut tower braces, random support braces, and new wheels.

interior-
    -agency power shift knob
    -STi gauge cluster
    -prosport boost and exhaust gas gauges
    -AEM wideband afr gauge
    -oem boost, volt, and oil temp gauges located under stereo.
    -JVC kd-r300 head unit
    -alpine sps 600/sps 500 speakers
    -sparco blue speedv seat
    -sparco blue 4 point harnesses
    and soon to come anoter seat for passenger, autpower cage (painted blue), sparco steering wheel, and more gauges.

exterior-
    -ebay headlights
    -sedan fenders/bumper
    -foglight covers
    -new paint job
    -HIDs
    -half smoke tailights
    -roof rail delete
    -stickers for extra HP

Brakes-
    -hawk hp plus pads
    -stoptech drilled rotors
    and soon to come ABS delete, willwood Big brake kit, stainless lines, brake fluid, and master cylinder stiffy.

transmission-
    -cobb short throw
    -act clutch and lightweight flywheel
    and soon to come straight cut 1-4, rwd conversion, straight driveshaft, rear lsd.

as you can see it has turned into and is turning into a track car, i always am looking for ways to make my car different from any other subaru out there. i wll keep updates going and hopefully pictures up soon.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn pretty cool man. I just bought my 06 wrx about 2 weeks ago. Have anything your not using and would fit my 06 you could sell?

NJO
    HHa I've got about everything. What do you want
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

haha. Its bone stock so where do i start...

Springs
    Stuts and sways with endlinks
    mud flaps
    ALK kit
    DP
    short shifter

kinda what im looking for right now

but anything would prolly work.

post some pics, lets see this beast

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That's quite the list of parts there dude, couple of things I would change or advise against, but I'll keep that to myself.

Glad to see you're in my area. Should you need help with anything, hit me up.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Nice annother salt laker... that's a lot of mods there you got... I just can't understand why anyone would like to convert their subbie to RWD unless your into the drifting thing...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

NJO
    Quote Originally Posted by rymaggi View Post
    post some pics, lets see this beast
    it will never dowload my pics, im going to resize them all then try again.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback

NJO
    Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Nice annother salt laker... that's a lot of mods there you got... I just can't understand why anyone would like to convert their subbie to RWD unless your into the drifting thing...
    yes, drifting is BA, and it makes for a better track car as well... a lot less push in the corners. and if im not driving it in the snow or off road its kind of pointless. if this was going to be my daily, or even just a good road car there is plenty of things i would have done differently. for most people (even me) i bought the car cause its a fun AWD car, but now i want something different out of it.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback

NJO
    Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    That's quite the list of parts there dude, couple of things I would change or advise against, but I'll keep that to myself.

Glad to see you're in my area. Should you need help with anything, hit me up.
    everyones entitled to their own opinion, id love to hear what you have to say maybe theres some flaw in my logic somwhere... i know almost everyone is going to be against rwd, and alot of people are going to be against equal length headers.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback

Quote Originally Posted by NJO View Post
    everyones entitled to their own opinion, id love to hear what you have to say maybe theres some flaw in my logic somwhere... i know almost everyone is going to be against rwd, and alot of people are going to be against equal length headers.
    I'm intrigued.

A lot of cool things going on. I believe I remember your threads about getting keyed and rattle canning it back in the day. But I definitely like what you're doing.

As long as you have the time, money, and patience to do things the right way safely, its your car and as you say, you have a different idea of what you want it to be now, which is great!

That being said, I do agree that its kinda silly to convert to RWD...but like you said, you have a different idea for it. However the EL headers are not a bad idea...sure you lose the famed Suby Rumble...but when you start looking towards higher horsepower applications, ELs are supposed to be better for spooling of the turbo and such. Speaking of which...any plans for a bigger turbo?

The only other thing I kinda wouldn't agree with are the various Ebay parts...but if they are holding up for you, then that's great. Perhaps you will upgrade when you have the cash or something.

I'm definitely in for pics now. Goodluck man.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

NJO
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I'm intrigued.

A lot of cool things going on. I believe I remember your threads about getting keyed and rattle canning it back in the day. But I definitely like what you're doing.

As long as you have the time, money, and patience to do things the right way safely, its your car and as you say, you have a different idea of what you want it to be now, which is great!

That being said, I do agree that its kinda silly to convert to RWD...but like you said, you have a different idea for it. However the EL headers are not a bad idea...sure you lose the famed Suby Rumble...but when you start looking towards higher horsepower applications, ELs are supposed to be better for spooling of the turbo and such. Speaking of which...any plans for a bigger turbo?

The only other thing I kinda wouldn't agree with are the various Ebay parts...but if they are holding up for you, then that's great. Perhaps you will upgrade when you have the cash or something.

I'm definitely in for pics now. Goodluck man.

thank your for your support, and i do or did have plans for going to a blouch dom 2.5 turbo in the future, and as for the ebay parts im getting an APS hard turbo inlet when i do TGV deletes, the ebay headers will be replaced with a name brand equal length set, same goes for the uppipe. also the godspeed intercooler will be replaced by a mishimoto universal intercooler and custom piping with a reversed intake manifold. the headlights i dotn plan on changing for a while, im using the ebay headlights with two seperate headlight housings in it and i removed the passenger side high beam with a hose attached to the back that sends air directly to my intake. and with the turn signal smoked i also like the way they look, i would like to replace them with some jdm sti light in the future but thats money spent on other things for now. as soon as i can upload pictures i will, i dont know whats wrong, anyone have any ideas?
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback

I Support ClubWRX
    Dude... where the eff have you been??

I haven't seen you on the forums in months
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by NJO View Post
    thank your for your support, and i do or did have plans for going to a blouch dom 2.5 turbo in the future, and as for the ebay parts im getting an APS hard turbo inlet when i do TGV deletes, the ebay headers will be replaced with a name brand equal length set, same goes for the uppipe. also the godspeed intercooler will be replaced by a mishimoto universal intercooler and custom piping with a reversed intake manifold. the headlights i dotn plan on changing for a while, im using the ebay headlights with two seperate headlight housings in it and i removed the passenger side high beam with a hose attached to the back that sends air directly to my intake. and with the turn signal smoked i also like the way they look, i would like to replace them with some jdm sti light in the future but thats money spent on other things for now. as soon as i can upload pictures i will, i dont know whats wrong, anyone have any ideas?
    Yeah I really only showed "concern" for the ebay parts really for the performance parts and because they would tend to not have the reliability as the name brand parts. Lights though, I agree aren't something to worry about now. If they work well and look good to you, then perfect. That is like you said, money better spent on performance improvement.

I like the upgrade ideas though...Think that Dom 2.5 will be alright spooling on the 2.0L engine? I saw on Nasioc that someone was spooling at 3700 on a 2.5L but that will likely be higher on a 2.0L. Just wondering your thoughts
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

NJO
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Yeah I really only showed "concern" for the ebay parts really for the performance parts and because they would tend to not have the reliability as the name brand parts. Lights though, I agree aren't something to worry about now. If they work well and look good to you, then perfect. That is like you said, money better spent on performance improvement.

I like the upgrade ideas though...Think that Dom 2.5 will be alright spooling on the 2.0L engine? I saw on Nasioc that someone was spooling at 3700 on a 2.5L but that will likely be higher on a 2.0L. Just wondering your thoughts
    i dont know what mods that guy was running but i think with equal length headers and the rest of my mods and a good tune it shouldnt be problem, and i am hoping to have my engine built soon, ive been looking alot into the the hybrid with the 2.5 block and 2.0 heads... and if does take to long to spool then i can try a different turbo or nitrous. ive been reading A LOT of different things about turbos from hundreds of people all over. and im not going after the credibility of your source but everyone i read stuff from says somehting different about when they spool, how much boost they run, how much hp/tq they make blah blah blah.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.