Worst Day Ever
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Worst Day Ever within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So, I had my 2010 WRX for 11 days before I crashed it. Long story short someone ran a red, ...

Unhappy Worst Day Ever

So, I had my 2010 WRX for 11 days before I crashed it. Long story short someone ran a red, car in front slammed on brakes while I was shoulder checking and I couldn't stop in time. Don't see how insurance won't say its 100% my fault. My face hurts, my sunglasses broke (found half in the back seat) and I spilled my Starbucks.

I will post pictures when I get home, but what I could see what a crumpled hood, dented bumper, broken grill and a scratched headlight. On top of that my airbag and seatbelt deployed so I am sure that will be expensive to fix. Fenders and guts under the hood looked ok, but with everything else out of place I couldn't tell.

I have a reputable body shop lined up for the repairs once the insurance company gives me back the car, is there anything out of the ordinary that I should be asking about?
    2010 WRX Limited Black
    1991 Mustang Interceptor (For Sale)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That absolutely sucks! But remember, cars can be fixed or replaced. You can't be replaced. As long as your alright, that's key.

If they fix it right and it's not too bad, there is no reason why it won't be good as new.

Best of luck...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I feel your pain man, its terrible. I had my 05 sti for a little over 2 weeks and rolled it. Hope everything works out for you,

Chris
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Glad you're okay. You can always fix the car.

Glad you're OK!

That sucks that the other guy ran a red light, and you got the blame for the accident

So the insurance estimator called and they are looking at the car now. Since the airbag deployed they are telling me it may be a total writeoff... If that is the case I might be screwed for getting a replacement until the 2011's are available.

Can't really see it but the lip is gouged up pretty bad under the plate.
    2010 WRX Limited Black

That set your airbag off??? That doesn't look like much damage at all, but pictures can be deceiving.
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    NO, NOT YOUR STARBUCKs!

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    That absolutely sucks! But remember, cars can be fixed or replaced. You can't be replaced. As long as your alright, that's key.

If they fix it right and it's not too bad, there is no reason why it won't be good as new.

Best of luck...
    Just want to double state and not beat up an old dog, Glad your safe bro. Will say ive been driving for 10 years, 0 tickets, 0 accidents, i have already been off road with my subaru going 80 when a semi thought he could merge into my lane without blinkers. TY AWD. Anyways, before i got tags had a camper infront of me that had a blow out with a tire that sucked up underneath my sooby, THAT same day, had a truck with a trailer hitch infront of me, i was about 3-4 car lengths behind i literally look away for 1 second when my buddy slaps my arm and says oh sh!t. Lock up the brakes immediately throwing the ebrake and swerved off road BARELY missing the hitch. Apparently he had missed his turn and locked up his brakes so he could u turn. Telling ya bro, Crazy people out there, Always be on the defensive side because that 1 time you slack, thats when sh!t hits the fan.

wow just because airbags deployed they are willing to total it. Back in 98 I had bought a brand new Ranger, had it for a week and it was hit while it was parked at 50+ mph. It pushed the truck down the street 28 feet and into the trunk of a honda civic. The truck was in gear, my radio was thrown from the deck to back behind the seats, my license plate was inside the trunk of the civic, my tailgate was so bad you couldnt tell what it was, my STEEL bumper was wrapped under the spare tire, the doors were pushed 1/2" forward squeezing the rubber surround and the frame was bent out of center 2.88" to the left, damaged front bumber grille and front drivers side headlight and the insurance company did not total it because I didnt even make a payment on it yet. Best part about it though was the fact that the kid who hit me was not insured, so I ate the bill with my uninsured motor coverage.... yay! I feel your pain bro. Good luck
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

Looks like the license plate frame took the brunt of the impact

Quote Originally Posted by BatesNess View Post
    Just want to double state and not beat up an old dog, Glad your safe bro. Will say ive been driving for 10 years, 0 tickets, 0 accidents, i have already been off road with my subaru going 80 when a semi thought he could merge into my lane without blinkers. TY AWD. Anyways, before i got tags had a camper infront of me that had a blow out with a tire that sucked up underneath my sooby, THAT same day, had a truck with a trailer hitch infront of me, i was about 3-4 car lengths behind i literally look away for 1 second when my buddy slaps my arm and says oh sh!t. Lock up the brakes immediately throwing the ebrake and swerved off road BARELY missing the hitch. Apparently he had missed his turn and locked up his brakes so he could u turn. Telling ya bro, Crazy people out there, Always be on the defensive side because that 1 time you slack, thats when sh!t hits the fan.
    Yeah, this is my first at fault accident and I am pretty pissed off about the whole thing. Luckily I have 16 years of safe driving so I am only taking an 8% bump in insurance rates as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB1987 View Post
    Looks like the license plate frame took the brunt of the impact
    Yeah it was some 80s propane powered buick with what looked like a steel I-beam for a bumper Kinda glad it did since the fire dept found a couple propane tanks in the trunk of the car.

I was looking at my jacket and just noticed that it is "melted" image where my seatbelt was.
    2010 WRX Limited Black

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    I feel for you dude. Lord knows I'd be punching walls if that happened to my subbie. I hope everything goes well with getting her fixed.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

I'm surprised their going to total it, because it doesn't look that bad in the pics. $8-10k range...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Pavia is right about cars can be fixed easier that us. Glad you're all right. I seriously got that sick feeling seeing your machine in that condition. Sincerely sorry for the loss

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast