High Mileage Club - Page 29
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 549

This is a discussion on High Mileage Club within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Full OEM engine rebuild at 200k, 2005 Saab 9-2x transmission at 260k, several clutches...

  1. #421
    Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rocky Top
    Posts
    2,276
    Full OEM engine rebuild at 200k, 2005 Saab 9-2x transmission at 260k, several clutches

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #422
    Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Late Devonian
    Posts
    13,132
    I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for the update. Did you get it new (not that it matters, just curious)?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

  4. #423
    Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rocky Top
    Posts
    2,276
    The car I bought used almost immediately after the engine rebuild. I know the mechanic and machine shop who did the rebuild and im betting it will go another 200k. it's been completely worked through and squared up. looking at this thread it certainly seems possible.

  5. #424
    Registered User Front Kick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The Dojo
    Posts
    77
    Add me to the list! 2004 WRX with 141K on the clock. Stock at the moment on the way to Stage 2!
    To the face!
    04' Stage 2 WRX | Premium Silver. Premium Sex.

  6. #425
    Registered User devik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    PHX Metro
    Posts
    276
    Just a few hundred miles of 115K on my 2002 WRX here. Broke the barrier about two years back and forgot to "join the club" here. Bought the car in 2005 with ~45k miles on it. She's stage 2 since around 90K, plus a few other suspension and brake upgrades.

    I've also got a '91 Miata with 167K on the odo. I feed them both a balanced diet of premium gas, M1 Synthetic, and regular high-rev workouts.
    2002 Silver Bugeye WRX - Bugeye Mafia #327
    "Stage 2" + STI TMIC

  7. #426
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    10
    119k on my 02 wrx here. Needed a new clutch @118k.

  8. #427
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    18
    New to the Subaru scene , have had 16 cars within the past 5 years all of them were VW,Audi,BMW . Just sold my Audi S4 and acquired a 02 Impreza Wrx 5spd with 210,xxx miles on original engine and turbo has some mods done to it already . I only went through with the purchase after reading through this forum and a few Subaru guys in my hood was over 268,xxx!




    Coming from the Euro scene I am used to cars breaking and high priced parts. But I think ive been converted!

  9. #428
    Registered User 97_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    218
    lol ^ cool man, congrats.. I went the opposite direction as you... Subie to Audi..

  10. #429
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by 97_04 View Post
    lol ^ cool man, congrats.. I went the opposite direction as you... Subie to Audi..
    What Audi do you have?
    Any Pros/Cons for the Subaru now that you in the Audi

  11. #430
    Registered User 97_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by aero1591 View Post
    What Audi do you have?
    Any Pros/Cons for the Subaru now that you in the Audi
    So I don't derail this thread, I will PM you if that's okay..

  12. #431
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by aero1591 View Post
    New to the Subaru scene , have had 16 cars within the past 5 years all of them were VW,Audi,BMW . Just sold my Audi S4 and acquired a 02 Impreza Wrx 5spd with 210,xxx miles on original engine and turbo has some mods done to it already . I only went through with the purchase after reading through this forum and a few Subaru guys in my hood was over 268,xxx!




    Coming from the Euro scene I am used to cars breaking and high priced parts. But I think ive been converted!
    So ive had the car registered for 5 hrs and on the road for less than 24hrs . Im slowing down for a light and someone drives out and straight into the side of my car. And with so many miles im afraid the insurance will probably just write it off. What a shame !


  13. #432
    Registered User 97_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by aero1591 View Post
    So ive had the car registered for 5 hrs and on the road for less than 24hrs . Im slowing down for a light and someone drives out and straight into the side of my car. And with so many miles im afraid the insurance will probably just write it off. What a shame !

    WTF?? Really? you JUST got it!!! that's a damn shame, Sorry to hear man. I hope it's repairable and not trash-able, from the looks of it, you know what I mean. Of course looks can be deceiving, but if it was the other person's fault, (which sounds like it is) then make their side pay for it and let them know this will definitely depreciate your value more so.

    PS: I hope you had full coverage.

  14. #433
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    18
    I did have full coverage ,but, because I only put it on my insurance last night I may have a problem.

    Maybe its the Euro/Audi Gods damming me for going to the other side!

  15. #434
    Registered User 97_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by aero1591 View Post
    I did have full coverage ,but, because I only put it on my insurance last night I may have a problem.

    Maybe its the Euro/Audi Gods damming me for going to the other side!
    lol I was thinking it but wasn't going to say it.. In regards to the insurance being added "just" last night, I would think you are legally covered from the moment you sign papers/pay your premium. I know it's a pain but even though you will let the other party involved pay for the damages, it's a good idea to let your insurance know so they can "duke it out" so to speak, while your car is being repaired and can get you back on the road in no time. Good Luck my friend..

  16. #435
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by aero1591 View Post
    So ive had the car registered for 5 hrs and on the road for less than 24hrs . Im slowing down for a light and someone drives out and straight into the side of my car. And with so many miles im afraid the insurance will probably just write it off. What a shame !

    Insurance totaled it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •