best wrx year?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on best wrx year? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; what is the best year wrx besides 09?...

best wrx year?

what is the best year wrx besides 09?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

06 for the engine, brakes, aluminum control arms and 17" wheels.
    '11 WRX Hatch
    Lightning Red

Quote Originally Posted by tuskenraider View Post
    06 for the engine, brakes, aluminum control arms and 17" wheels.
    This.

I prefer the 04 body style though.
    "A man can be with any woman, as long as he is not in love with her." -- Lord Henry

"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious."-- Oscar Wilde

"Best" in regards to what?

I wouldn't trade my bugeye for anything
    Carpe Diem!

My 03 Bugeye is cooler than your mom

Bugeye Mafia #222

best in regards to looks, durability, performance, etc. all general aspects- nothing in particular

I Support ClubWRX
    Wait for news on the 2010. My personal preference would be a bugeyed car with 2009 STi mechanicals but the original question is quite vague so the answers may not be what you're looking for. Even "performance" isn't really defined.

As far as looks I like the 02, the 99 (both in 4dr), and the 09 (but the hatch 5dr). Mechanicals improve with time so newer is generally better, with some exceptions.

Buy a new car. If you can't, buy one from a single owner with a full service history and existing warranty. If you can't, look at other brands that will allow you to do this or be prepared to make compromises (these may save money in the short term but cost more in the long run).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman200 View Post
    best in regards to looks, durability, performance, etc. all general aspects- nothing in particular
    So in other words you want an absolute answer to a totally objective question?

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Wait for news on the 2010. My personal preference would be a bugeyed car with 2009 STi mechanicals but the original question is quite vague so the answers may not be what you're looking for. Even "performance" isn't really defined.
    If I had an 02 with 09 STI mechanicals and 5x114.3 bolt pattern hubs...it'd be perfect! HMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm....
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

My 2002 with a 2006 STI transmission continues to put a smile on my face with over 92,000 miles on the odometer.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

The best year is what ever year you can get your hands on =)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    If I had an 02 with 09 STI mechanicals and 5x114.3 bolt pattern hubs...it'd be perfect! HMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm....
    It would... While it was all apart you could seam weld the chassis and add a discrete cage, making sure it's barely visible from the outside... And get a tanner to re-do the interior in leather... and sound-deaden the wheel wells, floor, and boot lid... and add a navi system with bluetooth... I think I just described some kind of Subaraudi WRXS4 something. I'd buy that.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

So maybe an STI swap into a Saabaru?
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    So maybe an STI swap into a Saabaru?
    The Saabaru has the fast steering etc. so that's a start. It's not bugeyed though. I think the ideal Subaru WRX would actually be a... 959 swap into a Bentley.

sorry if the question was vague guys. i have an 04 altima was 108k on it, and i know there is still a decent amount of life in it, but want to get a wrx as my next car. i was just wondering what years to look at. i wasnt sure if some years were better than others, if certain years had more problems than others, or what not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast