Gas Mileage FAQ - Page 9
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Gas Mileage FAQ within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by pepper06 Well, I've definitely got a better idea now. I've done some more reading and I'm hoping ...

Quote Originally Posted by pepper06 View Post
    Well, I've definitely got a better idea now. I've done some more reading and I'm hoping that my mpg's will go up significantly once I replace both sensors. If they'd just get here...my only problem is waiting for them! Since I'm in Europe it takes forever for car parts to get over here.
    I have 1st hand experience on how important O2 sensors affect fuel economy. I own a WRX, but my 04 Lexus LS430's check engine light & Check VSC/trac off light came on while I was away on vacation. Found out right away that it was one bad sensor. I was still 500 miles from home. Mind you, I'm used to getting 300 to 320 miles on a half tank of gas.

On my 500 mile trip home, I had to stop and fill up again, because I couldnt make it home on the one tank like I have for the same trip. My MPG was poor and I only had one bad sensor??? And you have two bad O2 sensors??? These folks arent steering you wrong. Your bad sensors are probably the most significant factor for your poor fuel economy. Of course as I'm writing this, I'm sure you've changed your sensors already. Just felt like reinforcing this info in case anyone else has concerns.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

not sure if it was touched on but around nov fuel refiners switch to producing winter blend fuel which burns better in colder temps and provides less emissions but also decreases mpg.
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.

Nice write-up with a lot of good information.

When I read the first post 9 pages ago, I wanted to say you should add if the CEL light is on that it will hurt mpg and to maybe put that in the sticky. Then on the 3rd to last page there was all the sensor problems. Oh well it was a good read anyway.

I get 18.3 Average. Mods: Stage1 Map from Perrin and HKS Hi-Power CatBack.

I Support ClubWRX
    I added the part about the CELs. Thanks for contributing!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Wanna cry?

In my country, the price of 95 oct gas is 0.014 US$ per liter. (0.053 a gallon). A full tank is less than a dollar. Probably you spend more in a tank than me in a year of gas!

But don't worry, gas is the only cheap thing here. Performance parts (and most imported things) cost 3 to 4 times more here than in the US, if you can find them. That's why I buy all my stuff there.

Regards,

Guillermo

Wink Replaced my A/F sensor

I replaced my spark plugs in March 2010, and recently replaced my A/F sensor in April 2010. When I top off my tank and hit the HWY, I get at least 26 mpg HWY. Spirited driving 70-85mph average it may drop to about 24 mpg. On average I get between 21 - 24 mpg combined city & hwy driving.

Before the tune-up/A/F sensor I used to get about 17-21 mpg HWY with the same driving habits. And about 16 - 21 combined city & hwy. My car is a 2005 wrx with 53k on the odometer.

I haven't tried it yet, but I believe if I drove less aggressive I might be able to get consistently 28 mpg or more hwy, and 24 combined city and hwy driving.
    05 WRX white/black
    Mods : Cobb Accessport Stage 1

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gluis View Post
    Wanna cry?

In my country, the price of 95 oct gas is 0.014 US$ per liter. (0.053 a gallon). A full tank is less than a dollar. Probably you spend more in a tank than me in a year of gas!

But don't worry, gas is the only cheap thing here. Performance parts (and most imported things) cost 3 to 4 times more here than in the US, if you can find them. That's why I buy all my stuff there.

Regards,

Guillermo
    Last time I put gas in it cost me $43 USD.

Well, if it is any consolation, in Dominican Republic gas cost about 6 dollars a gallon(at least it costed that much last time I was there)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gluis View Post
    Well, if it is any consolation, in Dominican Republic gas cost about 6 dollars a gallon(at least it costed that much last time I was there)
    whew....
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I just bought a 2010 WRX on Monday and was wondering how to know if it has a fuel consumption meter? I was reading the manual and it states that not all WRXs are equipped with this. How do I know if mine is? I know the manual says it could be shut off, so I was just wondering if mine is maybe off and that there is somehow to turn it on. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks for the help in advance.

Nvm...got it

I Support ClubWRX
    ...Costs me $70 to fill up =( ... 26g tank.

Here we worry about gasoline quality, not price. The additive mixtures is inconsistent at best, and it might contain ethanol, or not, and who knows in which ratio. All gas is State provided, no matter what gas station you use (BP, Mobil, Trebol, PDV, whatever) it is the same problem.

Any additives you might buy ( I bought a S*** load of Dyno Tabs since it was easier to ship than liquids) is orders of magnitude more expensive than gas.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    ...Costs me $70 to fill up =( ... 26g tank.
    in what?
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ