Gas Mileage FAQ - Page 13
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gas Mileage FAQ within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Here's my fuel economy log starting from when I picked my car up last October. Attachment 96645...

KHP
    Here's my fuel economy log starting from when I picked my car up last October.

Attachment 96645
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What's that dotted line number? 22.5-ish?
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    What's that dotted line number? 22.5-ish?
    Average I imagine.

KHP
    Yeah I believe that's average.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

Banned
    K well kinda funny and by the way im canadian and i do metric soo kilometers. alright soo i picked up my accesport today for my 07 wrx and in the city on economy mode it stated i was getting 7-8 Liters on 100k. which is decent. got on the highway it got up to 9 and this is going 110kph. I change the map on the go to stage 1 and get her up to 160 and it read 33 liters for every 100k. My question is how much can an 07 wrx tank hold? andd damm is that ever bad

I got 25.3 MPG on my first tank in my 2011. That was calculating it based on miles driven/gallons added. I found the MPG gauge on the dash not accurate as it was reading 23.x MPG. My typical driving is country roads. I'm very satisfied with that compared to my Touareg that was averaging about 16.8 MPG...
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

dmk
    On my new 2011 with 550 miles currently, I'm getting about 21-23mpg based on the trip computer (mixed city/hiwy - no cruise ctrl and 65-75 on the hiwy with the occasional foray into boost at green lights though I try to drive easy). The worst I got was 18 in stop and go traffic. I'm hoping it will get better as it gets broken in.

I Support ClubWRX
    Had my WRX since mid Feb., bought new with 108 miles on it (some of the local dealers will drive new cars from dealership to dealership rather than flat-bedding them... boo! bad form! but I can't blame them in the case of a rex!), it now has about 3500. So far the only things I have done to it are 4 bolting the license plate with hex bolts and silencer washers, changed the oil once (Mobil 1 full syn 5w30, at 1500mi) and applied lots of wax to the paint. At first I was getting about 18 MPG average (75% city, lots of hills) according to the OBC. Recently average has increased to about 19.5 MPG (also on the OBC) with same driving habits and routes. My right foot is so heavy it has it's own gravitational force.

I red-line as often as I can, or at least get to about 4.5-5K RPM. There have been a few times on the highways that I have noticed on flat stretches holding a constant speed in the right gear my WRX will get upwards of 30MPG, but I shoot that number back down either accelerating or when the road starts going up hill again

As a comparison though, my last car was an 05 Scion TC (2.4L N/A I4, 161HP on the sticker, and the 4spd auto...bah!) and I drove it the same way (though not at as high of speeds) and averaged about 19 to 21 MPG in it.

DISCLAIMER: I neither advise or condone speeding .... As your father used to say, do as I say, not as I do

I personally find all this a total joke cause the government and news makes it a big hype. Everyone has a cost of living. filling your car or truck is one of them. I dont really think the price of gas has ever gone up or down becuase as we the people get paid more the cost of items slowly rise also. look way back when. My uncle had a challenger for 2600 back in the day and that was a lot and gas was like 30 cents now a challenger is like 30K from what i've found and gas is roughly 389 by me last i fulled up... I drive a 86 ford f350 with a 5.9 cummins swapped. with it Non I/C i was getting 19-21 no matter how i drove it. now i I/C'd it and i got 22.3 last time i filled up and that was half non I/c and then I/c'd.

My brother drive s a 05 Chevy Duratrash with 4 inch exhaust cold air intake bully dog six gun tuner i think ( know its a bully dog) and he got 26 mpg highway and the tuner off.

In my mind if you want MPG get a moped. in order to have power and go fast it gonna cost ya. by A) a REALLY good design that is cheap to run ( fuel) or B) a old school big block that just sucks the gas. not saying you shouldnt try and get better mpg but i think this stuff gets blown out of the water and makes it seem like the end of the world...

I think it's an extremely relevant issue. Would you really be driving your truck if it only got 5 mpg?

I think the mileage I'm getting with my WRX is remarkable though given the power/fun.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

22.2 mpg (10.6 L/100km) recently, all city. The only thing I did differently was keep it at 3k rpm (minimum) when I could, so I had my power readily available and got decent mileage.

Monitor mileage as another means of gauging vehicle health.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Last Fill-up, roughly 80% Highway driving. Traveled 405 miles on 13.6 gallons. Averaged 29.78 MPG on Stage 1.

Not too shabby, Usually tried to baby the throttle and stay out of boost, Also went at or 5 mph below the speed limit.

Trying to see if I can break the 30 mpg avg.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

im still kinda of green to the tunes, so when you have like a stage one two or three can you change it on the fly or do you have to plug in to your labtop with your tuning hardware and change it?

we just need to figure out how to generate a localized gravity field on the car (and contents) that doesn't take any energy to maintain or modify. then we can simulate downhill coasting everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by WillieRX View Post
    Last Fill-up, roughly 80% Highway driving. Traveled 405 miles on 13.6 gallons. Averaged 29.78 MPG on Stage 1.

Not too shabby, Usually tried to baby the throttle and stay out of boost, Also went at or 5 mph below the speed limit.

Trying to see if I can break the 30 mpg avg.
    That's great numbers for the 2.5!

Just filled up last night and got 29.7 mpg on my last tank with about 70% hwy/30% city. That was using the following "hypermiling" driving habits:
    - Stay out of boost.
    - Shift between 2,100-2,300 rpm going down a hill.
    - Shift at 2,500 rpm driving on flat road.
    - Shift at or below 3,000 rpm when going up a hill or as soon as the grade starts to lessen and shifting won't cause the turbo to start boosting.
    - Compression brake whenever possible.
    - Look as far down the road as possible to foresee lights changing or traffic slowing.
    - Maintain the speed limit or a maximum of 5 mph over.
    - Use cruise control whenever traffic conditions allow.

I think that's about the best I can do without taking it on a non-stop road trip. Driving in Seattle traffic is hard to keep good mileage. This is with a stock tune, K&N drop in filter and GrimmSpeed ceramic coated catless uppipe. Hopint to purchase a Cobb AP v2 before the end of the year and go to stage 1.
    Last edited by 2002SubieWRX; 07-13-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    - 2013 BRZ Limited, WRB, manual
    - 2002 WRX WRB Sport Wagon (Stage 1) SOLD
    - 1968 Mercury Cougar w/ custom 331ci stroker & 5-spd
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4
    ~Best 1/4 mi Trap Speed: 109mph

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.