Gas Mileage FAQ - Page 12
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gas Mileage FAQ within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by "V" I was wondering if there are any 2011 WRX owners here and if they could post ...

Quote Originally Posted by "V" View Post
    I was wondering if there are any 2011 WRX owners here and if they could post their real world MPG. I"m in the process of ordering a new 2011 WRX and the MPG is the only thing that I"m not 100% comfortably with regarding the WRX. I have read a lot of reviews online and they all said that the car is amazing that the only big down side is the MPG. I'm not expecting to get the MPG of a Civic but if the 2011 WRX would get at least the MPG that the sticker says 19/25 I would be happy with it and order one this weekend.
    Sorry for the rant guys my first post and probably the one that will help me the most to spend my $ wisely on a new car.
    Thanks a lot for any input
    V

If your driving it with your foot in the transmission expect around 17mpg and if you drive it lightly then you'll get about 22mpg... I average about 22 and when I go out and drive it hard I get about 18ish.... the most I've got was 28, so it all depends on your driving style...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"V"
    I was wondering if there are any 2011 WRX owners here and if they could post their real world MPG. I"m in the process of ordering a new 2011 WRX and the MPG is the only thing that I"m not 100% comfortably with regarding the WRX. I have read a lot of reviews online and they all said that the car is amazing that the only big down side is the MPG. I'm not expecting to get the MPG of a Civic but if the 2011 WRX would get at least the MPG that the sticker says 19/25 I would be happy with it and order one this weekend.
    Sorry for the rant guys my first post and probably the one that will help me the most to spend my $ wisely on a new car.
    V
    Thanks for the input 06scoobyrex. I have a really light foot so I guess that shouldn't be a problem. I see that User ID says 06 I was wondering if there are any 11 owners and if their average is anywhere near yours. Probably not, they are all excited and to happy with their brand new cars to spend any time on the these boards for a while

7n7
    Hey V, assuming you don't drive WOT everywhere you can easily hit the projected mpg.

I took a trip up to Erie PA from Pittsburgh and was going 75 the whole way there and got just over 25mpg, slightly less on the way back with a full load in the car (Helping a friend move). as far as "city" driving goes. My commute to work is 4.5 miles and with letting my car heat up in the mornings before I go and the commute is all up and down hills with a lot of stop signs and stop lights, I'm sitting at about 17-18 mpg (i do open it up a few times on my short ride as well just to make it fun and it's twisty roads). If you baby the throttle and are on a highway you will get high 20's. Good luck in your decision. These cars are amazing.
    2011 DGM Premium WRX 5 door

-Ben

Yeah no problem man... the 06's have a smaller TD04 turbo with the same engine and transmission and the 11's have a larger VF52 turbo... so I'd think you might loose about 1-2 miles per gallon, but then again your biggest factor is driving habit... these cars have very bi polar engines that have the ability to put out as much power as a v8, so gas mileage can be very different and there are a lot of different variables... good luck and post up some pictures when you do get your rex...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

V
    1100 miles in:
    On my daily drive in (4.7 miles, car only just gets to warm before i turn it off) 19.x mpg.

On the one highway trip I have made 25 mpg...

1,500 miles on my 2011 WRX. My work commute is around 25 miles and I'm averaging 22-ish mpg mostly city driving (60mph cruising though, not downtown stop-n-go). So that's kinda highway-ish driving but with lots of lights. I drive with a fairly heavy foot but when I really get on it a lot, it only drops 1-2 mpg.

I'm honestly amazed by how good it's been. My 22-ish average is both stock and at stage 2. I noticed Stage 2 drop it a bit but seriously, not much at all. All highway driving the car will see 25mpg no problem.

Coming from an Evo 8 that has the smallest gas tank in the history of all cars and gets MPGs in the mid teens...the WRX is performing phenomenally!
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

V
    Thanks for the input 06scoobyrex. I have a really light foot so I guess that shouldn't be a problem. I see that User ID says 06 I was wondering if there are any 11 owners and if their average is anywhere near yours. Probably not, they are all excited and to happy with their brand new cars to spend any time on the these boards for a while
    I got my 2011 in November, I've got a little over 3k on it now. My average for all 3000 miles is a little over 19mpg. Well over half of that has been highway driving. I tend to get about 17-18 city, and I don't really tend to dog it too hard on the regular. I took a rent trip to Austin (from New Orleans about 500 miles each way) and averaged just under 23 for the whole trip, from start to finish, including all of the city driving in between.

I've gotten up to 28mg on the highway before, but thats in low rpms of 5th gear, when you start to go over 70 you lose gas mileage pretty quick. Being that I averaged about over 70 coming from Austin, I think I could have probably gotten here with better mpg, but I was in a hurry.

Let us know how your decision

I'm over 4k now and my last receipt-vs-mileage test put me still in the 21.x mpg range. That is 50/50 city/hwy but the city stuff is usually 60mph long streets and then a series of short stop-n-go lights. So it's not like driving downtown. And I drive my car pretty hard for the most part. Plenty of boost and at least one really good pull through the gears a day.

I get 300 miles per tank no matter how I drive. To me that's great.

2011 DGM Sedan
    Im on my fourth tank of gas now
    Tank 1: 18.7
    Tank 2: 19.3
    Tank 3: 21.6

I drive half and half city/highway.

On my "old college daily commute" (70 mile round trip, 70% Highway w/ 55 mph speed limit and 30% City, altitude change from 9000 ft to 6000 ft to 9000 ft daily).

My college daily commute got me an average of 25-27 MPG and thats with occassional flooring the gas pedal.

My new work commute is around 35-40 miles round trip, roughly 90% highway driving w/ 65 MPH speed limit, minimal altitude change, Highway frequently subject to slow-downs. Got around 27 MPG Avg on stock tune. (also including a weekly 110 mile mountaind drive and 40 mile interstate drive w/ 75 mph speed limit).

Now on stage 1 tune and havent checked mpg yet. Also fumbling around economy tune as well. Will update my findings.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-8.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	96199

This was coming northbound from New Orleans last weekend. I was doing 55-60, a little slower than normal on that route because of traffic, but you can't beat the gas mileage!
    2011 WRX Limited 5 Door -- Blue of course

No mods - YET

OK, Got mileage with a combination of Stage 1 and Economy tunes. Was on stage 1 for first 1/4 and last 1/4 of tank. Ran it hard on last 1/4 of tank. I averaged 25.8 MPG.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    nice!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Banned
    How good does the Cobb Fuel Efficent map work?

I'm making a drive up to San Fran (roughly 400 miles) in 2 weeks. I'm interested in seeing what kind of mileage I get doing all highway. If I'm in the 21.x mpg range now, I'm expecting 24mpg or better if I keep my foot from getting too heavy lol.