Gas Mileage FAQ - Page 11
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gas Mileage FAQ within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by stiandysti i get 20-22 and i haul ass everytime. how much do you pay to fill her ...

Quote Originally Posted by stiandysti View Post
    i get 20-22 and i haul ass everytime. how much do you pay to fill her up?
    It depends when and where I fill up. A month ago I paid 2.65 for 93oct here in NW Virginia. And today paid 2.99 on my way through W. VA.
    2006 WRX
    Opensource STG 2, Epic Engineering
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #032

http://s258.photobucket.com/home/joesubaru7/index
    DD: 2001 2.5RS
    Old: 1998 2.5RS [url]

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i wish i got the mileage u guys get all ive ever seen was in the teens low teens at that ..... tho one time on a highway trip i did get 28 mpg
    06 OBP STi
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #109

I Support ClubWRX
    On the cretinfest trip the hybrid got 26.4 and 27.3. I was pleased. :-)
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Registered User Fritz_the_Chick's Avatar
    Time for me to come clean. I'm a noob, and not just to my four-day-old (to me) WRX, but to like, everything mechanical. Frankly, I'm impressed by roll-on deodorant, so consider this when reading any of my posts.

I've had my 2005 WRX for about four days, now. I bought it bone stock from a used dealer with 64K miles. I did not do a car fax on it (I know, I know).

So, of course, we have to factor in that I'm used to operating three, and only three, manual transmission vehicles...a Honda 750 Aero, a Honda 599 Hornet, and an '03 SVT Focus.

Why am I only getting 18.7mpg? Doesn't this seem rather low? I'll admit that I had to spool it out the first two days (I mean, c'mon, you don't expect me to drive like Pop-pop, do you?), but I filled up to half yesterday, drove about 70 miles (about half highway, half city) today, and lost a quarter of a tank. A QUARTER OF A TANK.

Yes, yes, it's going to a mechanic this weekend for a once-over. Tire pressure is a tad low, but nothing remarkable. No CEL's. Working on a slightly rough idle that could just be in my head.

I'm trying to figure out if it's the car, or if it's me. Tomorrow, I am going to make a conscious effort to stick to the x10 rule (Shift to 4th at 40mph, etc), and see if I notice a difference. I just wanted feedback on mileage. Seems like others are getting a lot better mileage.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

I Support ClubWRX
    Could be lots of things:

• worn sparkplugs
    • dirty MAF
    • pig rich stock tune
    • tire pressure
    • driving habits
    • worn 02 sensor
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

My '06 consistently got 21-23 around town, and 30-32 on the highway --- both when driven conservatively for fuel economy. My '09 got 19.5-21.0 around town and 28.5-30.0 on the highway when driven for economy.

FWIW related to one of the earlier posts - the hybrids' (Prius, et al) ability to get better in town is only partially due to shutting the engine off when stopped. The largest part of their efficiency gains comes from capturing the energy lost as waste heat during braking. When the brakes are applied in a hybrid, the electric motor(s) that augment the engine to power the car are turned into generators --- the harder the brake is applied, the more energy the generators return to the car's battery to be stored for later use. Later as in accelerating away from the stop sign/light. Only a small amount of fuel is saved by not idling the engine at the light. A much great amount is saved accelerating away from the light --- because the energy stored in the battery while stopping the car can now be used to power the car under acceleration.
    '09 WRX Hatch, '08 Mini Clubman, '82 Volvo 242 w/5.0L Ford drivetrain

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    On the cretinfest trip the hybrid got 26.4 and 27.3. I was pleased. :-)
    Hate!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Hate!
    Well sure, but you're putting down about 100 hp more than me, right?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I get 24 mpg combined in my 2011 sti, but that's being gentle with the throttle. Got up to 26.2 mpg highway only tank. 17 mpg when my dad drove it.

3 total tanks of gas (640 miles) 19.8-20.1 mpg. mostly city driving, always shifting < 4k (usually < 3k - still in break in!)

Any advice?

I Support ClubWRX
    @ your screen name.

A brand new engine's tolerances are usually very tight. Your first few thousand miles will not be your best gas mileage... plus you and your car need to be better acquainted so you know how to shift. Shifting at a low RPM isn't necessarily giving you the best gas mileage. You'll figure it out as you drive it more.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Set a new record on my 2010 WRX of 7.4l/100km over 300km driving at ~ 95 kph the whole way.

For the imperialists that's 32 mpg over 190 miles driving at ~ 60 mph.

--> That's not bad at all for a 265Hp car

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechoption View Post
    Set a new record on my 2010 WRX of 7.4l/100km over 300km driving at ~ 95 kph the whole way.

For the imperialists that's 32 mpg over 190 miles driving at ~ 60 mph.

--> That's not bad at all for a 265Hp car
    awesome!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

7n7
    This cold weather has been getting me. I have a 4.5 mile commute to work (lots of hills and stop signs/lights) and with letting my car heat up before i drive, been getting ~17-18mpg

Drove up to Erie PA from Pittsburgh the other weekend and was going about 75mph the whole way there and got just over 25mpg (just under 25 on the way back driving 65 and had a ca FILLED with stuff)

I was happy

it's funny about the MPG i'm getting now though because it's such a short commute so my tank of gas still lasts me a long while
    2011 DGM Premium WRX 5 door

-Ben

"V"

2011 WRX owners MPG ?

I was wondering if there are any 2011 WRX owners here and if they could post their real world MPG. I"m in the process of ordering a new 2011 WRX and the MPG is the only thing that I"m not 100% comfortably with regarding the WRX. I have read a lot of reviews online and they all said that the car is amazing that the only big down side is the MPG. I'm not expecting to get the MPG of a Civic but if the 2011 WRX would get at least the MPG that the sticker says 19/25 I would be happy with it and order one this weekend.
    Sorry for the rant guys my first post and probably the one that will help me the most to spend my $ wisely on a new car.
    Thanks a lot for any input
    V

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.