Just say no to street racing
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just say no to street racing within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So, I am tired of everyone in their VW's or civics or eclipses pulling up beside me and wanting to ...

Just say no to street racing

So, I am tired of everyone in their VW's or civics or eclipses pulling up beside me and wanting to race....what would be a good phrase to put on my license plate holder...would just say no to street racing be too corny...lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I have nothing but disdain for "street racers" but there is no need to have anything on the outside of the car. Try rolling down your window and winking at them, then either asking them out on a date or asking them if they are interested in life insurance, annuities, and a free financial portfolio evaluation that'll take less than an hour.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't be a baby - show them what's up

In all seriousness, does it really bother you that much? Just ignore them, don't even look over. If they want to floor it at a light, let them waste their gas.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yeah it bothers me a little bit....I don't understand why everyone wants to prove they have a faster car....are people really that intimidated by WRX's that they feel they need to prove something..or is it because my car is red and it looks like it wants to race?

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    In all seriousness, does it really bother you that much? Just ignore them, don't even look over. If they want to floor it at a light, let them waste their gas.
    Couldn't agree more... I'm not "officially" part of the Scooby community yet, but I get a lot of HS-mid 20's kids always pulling up to me and revving their engine all the time when I'm in my Acura. I just don't even glance over or acknowledge them.

My friends and I take our whips to a track twice a year to have fun, run time trials, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Try rolling down your window and winking at them, then either asking them out on a date or asking them if they are interested in life insurance, annuities, and a free financial portfolio evaluation that'll take less than an hour.
    I like this one better than just ignoring them.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    ...what would be a good phrase to put on my license plate holder...
    Put NOFTCHX

...Try rolling down your window and winking at them, then either asking them out on a date or asking them if they are interested in life insurance, annuities, and a free financial portfolio evaluation that'll take less than an hour.
    WIN!
    Last edited by Speedette; 04-21-2009 at 08:16 AM.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

that will just add to my problem...then I will have ftchx running me off the road....

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    that will just add to my problem...then I will have ftchx running me off the road....
    Then whatever you do, don't get IHVCAKE!!!!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Ha, thanks for the advice...! I guess I will just keep doing what I'm doing...NOTHING!

I had more of a problem with street racers when I had my WRX then in my STI.

The last person that revved at me was an s2000 and a ford focus tried to race me but I ignored him and he drove away. Those are the only problems i've had in the last year of owning the STI.
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

I Support ClubWRX
    Try rolling down your window and winking at them, then either asking them out on a date or asking them if they are interested in life insurance, annuities, and a free financial portfolio evaluation that'll take less than an hour.
    How about an Amway pitch?

A dude in an Accord revved on me and pointed ahead dramatically when I was breaking in my first WRX. I politely shook my head to decline...so he hit the gas alone for 200 feet, and hit his hazards to indicate his win. I was honored to provide him with a kill story for the Honda forums.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Contrary to what most people believe, most people who race don't do it to prove anything. They may just want to know how their car will fair against yours, and maybe they just want to have some fun. I'll admit, I did it all the time when I lived in Florida, but there's a difference between controlled races and uncontrolled races. Going on a straight-away with a bunch of cars in front of you to 120 is ridiculous, childish, and stupid. What we would do is go way out into the country and have people spot for any cars coming. If there was no one on the road, we would go ahead and race. It's just fun. Some people like it, some people don't. If you don't, just ignore them. :/
    2009 DGM WRX 5-door w/ STI short shifter. Stock...for now.

Two days ago I ended up at a stoplight next to one of the previous gen bloated Mustangs. He was holding rpms, ready for a launch. I took off normally but then eased off the gas some when I was sure that he was racing.

The Charger behind me wanted a piece of the action and almost rear ended me when I eased off the gas. They ended up passing me, giving me the finger, and then cutting me off to line up at the next light with the Mustang.

It was a pretty stupid place to race too. A 45 mph zone cutting between two neighborhoods, with a lot of side streets connected to it.
    2011 DGM sedan
    1995 Miata

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nobody ever tries to race me. In the past 3 years I can count the number on 1 hand and still have fingers left.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast