Subaru Technician Job...
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subaru Technician Job... within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, first a lil about me. i been a tech since 2000. i started off with 4 years of HS ...

Ern

Subaru Technician Job...

Ok, first a lil about me. i been a tech since 2000. i started off with 4 years of HS auto. that landed me a job at Ford where i went to college for 2 years and got my AS in the auto field. i got 4 ASE's engine performance, electrical electronics, steering and suspension, and brakes. the last 2 years i work at Acura, cause they paided more as in they had more work load/flat rate hours.
    now to my question, i got approach by a friend saying that a local subaru dealer is looking for a tech. how much do techs make at subaru dealer as in per hour???
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ern
    well what can i ask for then....im making 20 right now.

I Support ClubWRX
    Anything you'd like. The worst they can say is "no". Negotiation of salary (or hourly wage) is an art, similar to buying a vehicle.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    wage is just one component of a job- also looking into health benefits, retirement, advancement opportunities, job satisfaction, a myriad of other things

chasing from job to job because someone offers .50 more an hour makes little sense to me, need to look at the whole package

visit with the techs at the Subaru dealership- see how they like their job, their supervisors, the company, etc
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

I believe auto mechanics should get paid more than $20 per hour. That is a huge service, as long as its done honestly, and helps a huge amount of the population that have no idea what they are doing with their car - this includes me.
    Blob Eye Syndicate #1000

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by langridge View Post
    I believe auto mechanics should get paid more than $20 per hour. That is a huge service, as long as its done honestly, and helps a huge amount of the population that have no idea what they are doing with their car - this includes me.
    LOL..Why is working on cars a "huge service" to you, out of curiosity? It's a service..you pay money, someone does a job. They aren't teaching blind orphans with deformities to learn to read or anything.

The market should determine what they get paid. If there's a glut of people out there that are talented with cars, then they probably won't make as much as if there are very few. If they work in a specialty niche, they may make more than a guy who works on Ford trucks. Beyond that, to me, it's really just another service, like dry cleaning.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

If i am not mistaking i think suby pays by they job you do to the car.......

Wow Rayfields! You just equated someone who would dry clean your shirt to someone who could replace a piston in your car so you could drive to work and earn money for yourself. That is if you work? This is a debate that could go on for hours. Why does someone that memorizes words and regurgitates them convincingly on the "big screen" get paid millions upon millions of dollars, but a Physician who went to school for 8 years to learn how to replace a knee get paid nowhere near that amount? One is purely and only entertainment whereas the other is improving someones quality of life and assisting them in being able to walk. A huge dichotomy my son. That was the point I was trying to make. Of course, I have been ripped off by some mechanics who never saw my face again and have a reserved seat in hell right next to attorneys. Getting off subject here, but auto mechanics that perform a good, honest job on my vehicle, I am willing to pay for.

Random thought: is LOL used far too much on this site? Do we really need to know that you are a loser on ludes? LOL LOL LOL and finally ROFL.
    Last edited by langridge; 03-05-2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: cuz
    Blob Eye Syndicate #1000

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow Rayfields! You just equated someone who would dry clean your shirt to someone who could replace a piston in your car so you could drive to work and earn money for yourself. That is if you work? This is a debate that could go on for hours. Why does someone that memorizes words and regurgitates them convincingly on the "big screen" get paid millions upon millions of dollars, but a Physician who went to school for 8 years to learn how to replace a knee get paid nowhere near that amount? One is purely and only entertainment whereas the other is improving someones quality of life and assisting them in being able to walk. A huge dichotomy my son. That was the point I was trying to make. Of course, I have been ripped off by some mechanics who never saw my face again and have a reserved seat in hell right next to attorneys. Getting off subject here, but auto mechanics that perform a good, honest job on my vehicle, I am willing to pay for.

Random thought: is LOL used far too much on this site? Do we really need to know that you are a loser on ludes? LOL LOL LOL and finally ROFL.
    Ummm what?

I've been wrenching for years. It's not rocket science. It's a trade. Just like dry cleaning.

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow Rayfields! You just equated someone who would dry clean your shirt to someone who could replace a piston in your car so you could drive to work and earn money for yourself.
    I've installed a piston. Pretty simple stuff, really.

That is if you work?
    Mkay. Got some kind of a problem? I'm a degreed mechanical engineer. I've worked as an ME, an EE, an engineering manager, and now a quality director for the last 2 decades. I'm starting up a business on the side. I am the sole provider for a family of 4. So yeah, I guess you could say that I work.

I don't say this often, but you should look both ways before starting to talk out of your ass.

That's the last insult that you get to direct my way before you're done here. My compensation for being an admin for this site is that I don't have to put up with crap like this. I politely, and with humor, asked you to clarify your position, and you came back at me with insults.

Lastly, I can see your age in your profile, and you aren't eligible to call me "my son".
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post

Lastly, I can see your age in your profile, and you aren't eligible to call me "my son".
    Ray is so old...

He lost his wallet on Noah's Ark.

Jurassic Park brought back the memories...

When he ran the 100 metre dash, they timed him with a sundial.

He still owes Moses a dollar.

When he was at school...there was No history class!

He co-wrote the 4th Commandment.

When I asked for his ID he handed me a rock

He even made Yoda jealous.

He recalls when the Grand Canyon was a ditch.

The fire department is on standby when they light his birthday cake

He sat in front of Jesus in 1st grade

His birthday expired.

He got the first copy of the Ten Commandments.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Ray is so old...

His birthday expired.
    My faves.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    LOL,

Ray evolved before Chuck Norris
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Cool Working in Canada $30.00 US to $35.00US/hr on a flat rate system

Quote Originally Posted by Ern View Post
    Ok, first a lil about me. i been a tech since 2000. i started off with 4 years of HS auto. that landed me a job at Ford where i went to college for 2 years and got my AS in the auto field. i got 4 ASE's engine performance, electrical electronics, steering and suspension, and brakes. the last 2 years i work at Acura, cause they paided more as in they had more work load/flat rate hours.
    now to my question, i got approach by a friend saying that a local Subaru dealer is looking for a tech. how much do techs make at Subaru dealer as in per hour???
    We are looking for 4 Experienced Auto Technician willing to relocate to Grande Prairie, Alberta , [/B][/B][/B]Canada (City of Grande Prairie, Alberta : Home )

Technicians with ASE Master Technician statue and a vast working knowledge of every aspect of the vehicle is a real benefit.

You will need a Journeyman certificate, desire to work towards a six- figure income,current drivers licenses and the ability to work with minimal supervision.

Starting flat rate is $30.00 US to $35.00 US per hour depending on you experience. Note: the Canadian Dollar is currently at par with the US dollar. Currently we have a technician booking 60 hours per weeks. Starting salary is $62,400.00 per year with opportunity for many bonus marker.

Experiences with Hyundai ,Mitsubishi ,Nissan or Subaru a real benefit.

We will provide an extended medical plan and the Alberta government will provide the basic medical care for you and your family.

We will provide all immigration services and will arrange for your work permit and if you come with your spouse they will receive an open work permit to work in the area.

Grande Prairie is a great northern community with plenty of outdoor excitement from fishing , hiking, hunting and snowmobiling in the winter.

If you are interested please reply to this ad and send your resume. Please be very specific an all your trade certificates and experience. Also please write in all start and end dates on your previous employment.

If you have any question please contact Kischer kischer@telus.net

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Ray is so old...

He lost his wallet on Noah's Ark.

Jurassic Park brought back the memories...

He still owes Moses a dollar.

He co-wrote the 4th Commandment.

When I asked for his ID he handed me a rock

He even made Yoda jealous.

He recalls when the Grand Canyon was a ditch.

He sat in front of Jesus in 1st grade

His birthday expired.

He got the first copy of the Ten Commandments.
    Good bump.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.