Wagon v Sedan ? Equal ?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wagon v Sedan ? Equal ? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So, I just joined the site but have been "on" the site for about a year. I previously owned an ...

Talking Wagon v Sedan ? Equal ?

So, I just joined the site but have been "on" the site for about a year. I previously owned an BP 04 STi but only for about two weeks as I got it for an amazing price and couldn't refuse what I was offered for it. But now I'm getting very boored with my 5.0 as it's straight line performance only and can't even drive it 6 months of the year. My question is and sorry if its been asked before " Im sure it has I just can't find it" I'm going to test drive/buy an 09 WRX tomorrow and was wondering how the sedan compares to the wagon. I like the wagon styling, but I can get a great deal on a sedan and am wondering if the performance is equal. Thanks for your help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the site.

As for a performance difference, I can't think of any other than how the weight would be distributed. Under the skin the two cars are identical. Best way to find out: test drive them both. I have an 08 sedan and it is a nice vehicle. I never got to drive a hatch, but I feel that are pretty similar.

Hopefully someone who has driven both can chime in! good luck with whichever you get!

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    with the 08/09's there is little to no difference- same track, same weight, same suspension, etc

choose the one you like
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    with the 08/09's there is little to no difference- same track, same weight, same suspension, etc

choose the one you like
    +1 You're going to be hard pressed to find a performance difference, it's all aesthetics....

So, I just got home from the dealer ship and all I can say is WOW I couldn't possibly love the car anymore. Unfortunately when I left for school at 9 the roads were clear and it was overcast and about -2* and by the time I got to the dealership around 1 there was 3" of snow on the ground and tons of fender benders. So I'm thinking great I'm 19 years old and there's no way I'm going to be able to drive the car. To my pleasant surprise I walk in see my salesman he tells me it's warming up in the front be back in a half an hour (Wow I'm very surprised 19 year old kid hi performance car and bad road conditions) So off I go and from the second I turned onto the road I was astonished how nice it drove the power and ability of the car. My only complaint was the stock summer tires which were terrible especially when stopping at intersections in the snow. But there going to swap them with snow tires for me if I buy one. I only got to drive the sedan because they had no wagons in stock,which was very nice, But I'm leaning towards the wagon as then my Rottweiler will have a much better back seat to ride in. They also had an 09 STi that I sat in to get the feel of the wagon interior and it seemed more practical. I asked him what they wanted for a similar wagon with SPT exhaust and STi STS and he said on a lease about $350/ month or purchase for $24,200 and that was no haggling just asking soo I think I acn talk down another 750- 1250 or talk a lease down in the low 3's. So if all goes as planned saturday I'll be driving a Black 5 door WRX . Sorry for the looong read ha

I Support ClubWRX
    definitely winter tires be sure to post a pic up if you get it

+1 Summer tires in winter = fail. Hope you get the car!
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

with the dog, I'd definitely 5 door it. In my wagon, my lab hits the deck once the revs hit 5 grand.

She's learned...

2009 WRX Sedan vs 2009 WRX Wagon

Hello everyone i'm new to the forums and have not been having the best of luck with timing on this thread as each time i post the database for the forums crashes

I know theres probably threads like this but again when I search i get errors. Hopefully itll all work itself out.

My question is simply this:

Which would be the better choice the 2009 WRX Sedan or Wagon...the reason i'm asking is im planning on aftermarket and tuning the car and I've heard that the aftermarket support for the Sedan is very tiny compared to the wagon mainly because the STi is a wagon so the performance parts are more focus'd on the wagon body style.

But I am not really looking to be driving a suped up grandma mobile. I rather drive the sedan with a sports grille, and old style WRX spoiler:

But if there isn't going to be an aftermarket for the sedan i'm a bit worried.

So what do you all think...for a tuner...

Wagon or Sedan?

reserved

reserved (for picture posting)

I Support ClubWRX
    the engine are identical (as is the rest of the drive train), the suspension is identical, the weight differs by 1 lb

the only difference I see in aftermarket support would be exterior bits (body kits and the like) w/ the hatch having more options- everything else is the same

Just a little update, I don't have a car yet. But am hoping now by mid next week I will. I'm all approved for a loan or a lease my only decision now is if the slight savings of a lease is worth it or if I should just purchase it which is what I'm leaning towards as I hope to have the vehicle for 3-5 years. Also thanks for answering my questions about the car itself.
    Soon to be 09 WRX owner

M16
    ya I got an 08 WRX 4 door, its a nice car, but I don't think they look that good, atleast as good as the previous years..

I would suggest on going for the sedan, IMO i would say the wagon doesn't look as good as the sedan, but yea there are a lot more choices for aftermarket parts, such as the exhaust, and whole bunch of other things, and the exhaust are a lot more expensive for the sedan, I don't know about other mods cuz thats all I looked into getting.....

Quote Originally Posted by M16 View Post
    ya I got an 08 WRX 4 door, its a nice car, but I don't think they look that good, atleast as good as the previous years..

I would suggest on going for the sedan, IMO i would say the wagon doesn't look as good as the sedan, but yea there are a lot more choices for aftermarket parts, such as the exhaust, and whole bunch of other things, and the exhaust are a lot more expensive for the sedan, I don't know about other mods cuz thats all I looked into getting.....
    This is more what i meant. I know the engines are identical.

I mean...headers, cat-backs...

I believe the wagon is a single cat-back where the sedan is a double i might be mistaken which would effect the cost.

The other issue is body kits even though the 09's have none yet.

I'd assume they'd make more kits for the wagon due to the STi.

I feel the same as the quoted though im not a fan of the wagon because in the end it is a station wagon.

I wouldn't get the sedan without the sports grille and i'd remove the spoiler before purchase i'd hope one of the first exterior kits is the old style STi spoiler posted in the original post.

But again if the sedan isn't going to get an aftermarket nod from the performance companies then itd be a waste imo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.