09 WRX Engine Failures
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 09 WRX Engine Failures within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just a heads up to 09 WRX owners. Possible rash of Engine failures similar to the 08 STi 2009 Impreza ...

09 WRX Engine Failures

Just a heads up to 09 WRX owners. Possible rash of Engine failures similar to the 08 STi

2009 Impreza WRX motor issues - Page 7 - NASIOC

Josh

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do we need to start a ClubWRX thread on this issue?

Makes my stomch hurt. I went though this undesirable VIN number thing once before with another car. My 09 only has like 600 miles on it. I wonder if there's a preventative measure that could be done at the dealer?

Anyone have the VIN number window mapped out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteghost2.5 View Post
    Just a heads up to 09 WRX owners. Possible rash of Engine failures similar to the 08 STi

2009 Impreza WRX motor issues - Page 7 - NASIOC

Josh
    I test drove one of the first 09 WRX 5 doors in my area, drove it up the interstate one exit and back and never exceeded 3K rpms and never gave it more than half throttle. Someone bought it a couple days later and blew the engine the NEXT DAY. Dealer had to replace the engine. Pretty incredible.
    2009 WRX 5Door- Silver
    2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 Crewmax
    1957 Willy's CJ3B, '73 Corvette Yellow

I don't think there is enough data yet to really for sure say this is going to be a problem for a lot of 09 WRX owners, but it's not looking good with about 10 09 WRX's having problems on NASIOC.

09 WRX sedan here. Just bought it a couple weeks ago. 900 miles no problems, knock on wood, though it does make me nervous...

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    09 WRX sedan here. Just bought it a couple weeks ago. 900 miles no problems, knock on wood, though it does make me nervous...
    im at almost 3k here, no problems thus far

there is a video on youtube of either an 08 or 09 wrx with i think 1000 miles on it that spun a bearing already.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

09 WRX hatch... about 2k so far. No problems - knock on wood - sometimes the revs hang up when putting the clutch in in stop and go traffic I dont know, the engine is still breaking in (not just breaking, I hope )

Either way, obviously it's a concern and I will keep watching these 09 problem threads..
    Last edited by elwray; 06-23-2009 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    I for one did NOT follow the manual's break-in procedures, and routinely "drive it like I stole it" , since day 1 from the dealership.
    smart move . . .
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

well babying them does't seem to help...

[QUOTE=elwray;2405349]09 WRX hatch... about 2k so far. No problems - knock on wood - sometimes the revs hang up when putting the clutch in in stop and go traffic I dont know, the engine is still breaking in (not just breaking, I hope )

I for one did NOT follow the manual's break-in procedures, and routinely "drive it like I stole it" , since day 1 from the dealership.

I just got an 09 wrx, 1500mls no engine troubles yet, but i too get the revs hanging up in stop and go and reverse. maybe my footwork maybe not. any input?
    Last edited by 04SILXT; 01-05-2009 at 05:28 PM.

i have my 09 over 3K miles and have no issue still running good

my 08 does that hang up thing every once in awhile also. 12k, no problems, and I too have driven it like I stole it from 200 miles on.
    -Stink-Eye Mob #51-
    08' SEDAN
    SPT CAT BACK

Yeah, seems to be a "normal" thing. I wouldn't worry about it. Just think of it as holding your revs to help you launch

I just had it happen yesterday, its at the dealer now waiting for the official verdict. It really makes me sad. Other than this i love my 09. Btw i had 26xx on it and did a proper break in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.