09 WRX Engine Failures - Page 18
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

This is a discussion on 09 WRX Engine Failures within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by elwray No kidding... mine went at 8k. I was happy; got it over with. I wish I ...

Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    No kidding... mine went at 8k. I was happy; got it over with.
    I wish I could get it over with. I only have 6,600 miles on mine so if it goes at 48,000 that would put me at about 6 years past the powertrain warranty. ...wait a minute, this isn't funny...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Unfortunately, mine just went last night...about 6:30 on a Saturday night...started as just a bit of a knock on my way home and turned into needing to flatbed it about 20 miles to get it to my house. After researching, it seems to be the spun rod bearing. Mine lasted 18,725 miles, but I've actually only owned it for less than a 4 weeks . I guess it's going up to the dealer tomorrow to get fixed under warranty...
    09 WRX Sedan
    Stink eye Mob #44

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    sorry to hear that I'd read through (very long unfortunately) the failure thread on nasioc as there is some good info/advice on how to deal with SOA (and the dealer)
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Just dropped Rexx off at the dealership...The shop guy told me they were probably gonna end up putting a long block in it, but they would tear into it tonight or early tomorrow and he'd call me and let me know what's going on. As soon as I told him it wouldn't start and that I thought I spun a rod bearing, he asked if it was an '09, and when I said it was he told me that was most likely it. He actually started it up in the parking space, and within the first second he told me the bottom end was gone and shut it off again. I'll know the prognosis tomorrow sometime...
    09 WRX Sedan
    Stink eye Mob #44

Well seems like I got the same issue with mine. Still waiting on word back from the dealer. But the noise is the same as the vids. Just got 21k miles. I bought it used about 3 weeks ago. Guess the girl that had it before me babied it a lil too much. It bit the bullet on me.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ sorry to hear that- make sure you read this thread through and another on nasioc to insure your getting the full customer service due

I already purchaed the gold warranty when I bought the car. What else would I be entitled too. My car is bone stock.

I Support ClubWRX
    ahh- that was the biggie, mine was out long enough (there was a turbo shortage at the time) they gave me $ for a car payment

good loaner car at the minimum, maybe they can reimburse some of the gold warranty cost????? accessories????

Yeah mines been gone a week already. They didn't wanna give me a loaner car til they could find out what it was and how long it would take to fix. So ill go in there today and pick one up. I could use an exhaust maybe ill ask for that. Haha or my first months payment as I haven't even had to male one yet and its already back to get fixed. Alrighty well thanks for the help.

I Support ClubWRX
    make sure you call SOA (if you haven't already) and get an incident number- they're usually the ones in the position to make things right- including getting a loaner pronto

be sure to tell the dealership that you've done so as that should smooth things out considerably

i hate seeing this thread pop up..

my 09 w. 08/08 build is at 35,000 and still going strong.......for now

*knock on wood*

good luck getting yours fixed..let us know how it went

Wow, 48k that's scary. I am getting up there with mine, almost 45k now. The thing that really frightens me is the powertrain warranty ends at 60k. I was thinking I was mostly in the clear, but a failure at 48 is way too close to 60 for comfort.

Mine as a Sept build date. Have about 24k on it now. So far so good.

Just bought a beautiful 09 WRX, hatch. Had it a week and heard some bad knocking. Turned out the previous owner had the infamous rod bearing issue. The dealership fixed the problem but apparently neglected to secure the fly wheel. The dealer replaced the fly wheel and the clutch assembly. They said they changed the oil, test drove it and changed the oil again and gave the ok. Got it back and it drives great, but little worried about future problems. Is there anything to worry about with the crank or tranny with the fly wheel not being torqued properly??

I bought one with 15k. No issues. I have rev hang-up as well but I believe it's due to my timing during shifts. If I concentrate it's fine.