09 WRX Engine Failures - Page 11
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 09 WRX Engine Failures within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I will check that. I never knew about the forum or issues..... until too late....

no research

I will check that. I never knew about the forum or issues..... until too late.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lorencherylp View Post
    Picked up my new wrx up today. Drove it home on the interstate 25 mi. Noticed a little knock when coming to stopsign before turning into my block. Engine died, restarted came home. Wife got home an hour later, took it for a drive in the neighborhood and the engine locked up a few blocks away. Now the car is back at the dealer with 156 on the odometer. Any chances at a total car swap????/

I think that should definitely fall under the lemon law. Tell them you want a new car. That sucks. Make sure you check the build date though!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

So I think I'll be picking my car up from the shop today. They replaced the long block, however, after running tests on the turbo, they said it was fine. Kind of makes me nervous but oh well. I had called SOA to see about that gold warranty people were talking about and they said that unfortunately they don't have a program in place to provide something like that. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or perhaps some kind of proof that other people are getting this deal that I could reference?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post

I think that should definitely fall under the lemon law. Tell them you want a new car. That sucks. Make sure you check the build date though!
    in Utah, the lemon law only applies if there are four failures within a certain time frame and there is no satisfactory effort made by the vendor to rectify the problem. I checked it out too, just to look at options.

Quote Originally Posted by White_Pearl_82 View Post
    So I think I'll be picking my car up from the shop today. They replaced the long block, however, after running tests on the turbo, they said it was fine. Kind of makes me nervous but oh well. I had called SOA to see about that gold warranty people were talking about and they said that unfortunately they don't have a program in place to provide something like that. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or perhaps some kind of proof that other people are getting this deal that I could reference?
    I got an email that basically said they would look into it, then heard nothing back. I replied to the email, still haven't heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by White_Pearl_82 View Post
    So, I wrote a 'squeaky wheel' reply, and this is what I got so far:

>>>Dear Matthew, Thank you for your email. I apologize for not getting back with you sooner. I am still doing the research needed to determine if I can offer you any Goodwill. I certainly understand the inconvenience that you have experienced with your car and we definitely want you to have peace of mind when it comes to your vehicle. I recognize your urgency in having this resolved and I will have an answer for you by the end of this week, if not sooner. Thank you for your continued patience. Sincerely, Claudia Castro Customer/Dealer Services Subaru of America, Inc. [THREAD ID:1-4EAEQ1]

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: 7/13/2009 01:09:25 PM
    To: CustDlrServices@subaru.com
    Subject: RE: (SR #:1-249300155) Vehicle Problem

Attn: CLaudia Castro

Still waiting to hear about this. I am not happy with buying a brand new car that has an engine failure in so little time. The fact that Subaru is not willing to grant an extended warranty fro my trouble and to alleviate any concerns for me is very upsetting. Especially given that I had to take the car back to the dealer the NEXT day after they finished installing the new engine because one of the hoses fro the turbo was not hooked up properly. What else can I expect to go wrong?

I am now looking for something other than the Forrester to replace out jeep liberty, which I am not happy at all about. I really liked the Forrester, was excited about being a "Subaru family", but I do not want to take my business to a company with no regard for their customers satisfaction once they are out the door. >>>>>

I wasn't bs'n about the forrester either, our liberty is getting beat and I really like it, but not too sure yet. We'll see.

here is the first email I sent:

>>>
    Thank you for visiting the Subaru web site and for your message. I am sorry to hear of the trouble you had with your vehicle.
    I am not able to promise or guarantee we can give you a Subaru Added Security plan but I first need to contact the dealership to obtain additional information concerning the repairs that were performed.
    I will contact you once I speak with the Service Manager at the dealership. If you need to contact me in the meantime please call 1-800-SUBARU3 or respond to this email.
    Sincerely,
    Claudia Castro
    Customer/Dealer Services
    Subaru of America, Inc.
    [THREAD ID:1-44FD8C]

Sent: 6/25/2009 02:20:11 PM
    To: custdlrservices@subaru.com
    Subject: (SR #:1-249300155) Vehicle Problem

I was told to contact Subaru of America because my 2009 WRX was one of those with the engine build of 08/08. The engine failed and had to be replaced because of the rod bearing failure. Subaru did a great job replacing the engine, but I would like to have the Gold Warranty at no cost for my trouble and to alleviate reservations I now have about the car, as well as to maintain good customer relations as I am thinking about replacing our Jeep Liberty with a Forrester. Please respond to cell if possible as I cannot get through on the 800 line. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mwake1 View Post
    So, I wrote a 'squeaky wheel' reply, and this is what I got so far:

>>>Dear Matthew, Thank you for your email. I apologize for not getting back with you sooner. I am still doing the research needed to determine if I can offer you any Goodwill. I certainly understand the inconvenience that you have experienced with your car and we definitely want you to have peace of mind when it comes to your vehicle. I recognize your urgency in having this resolved and I will have an answer for you by the end of this week, if not sooner. Thank you for your continued patience. Sincerely, Claudia Castro Customer/Dealer Services Subaru of America, Inc. [THREAD ID:1-4EAEQ1]

Sent: 7/13/2009 01:09:25 PM
    To: CustDlrServices@subaru.com
    Subject: RE: (SR #:1-249300155) Vehicle Problem

Attn: CLaudia Castro

Still waiting to hear about this. I am not happy with buying a brand new car that has an engine failure in so little time. The fact that Subaru is not willing to grant an extended warranty fro my trouble and to alleviate any concerns for me is very upsetting. Especially given that I had to take the car back to the dealer the NEXT day after they finished installing the new engine because one of the hoses fro the turbo was not hooked up properly. What else can I expect to go wrong?

I am now looking for something other than the Forrester to replace out jeep liberty, which I am not happy at all about. I really liked the Forrester, was excited about being a "Subaru family", but I do not want to take my business to a company with no regard for their customers satisfaction once they are out the door. >>>>>

I wasn't bs'n about the forrester either, our liberty is getting beat and I really like it, but not too sure yet. We'll see.

here is the first email I sent:

>>>
    Thank you for visiting the Subaru web site and for your message. I am sorry to hear of the trouble you had with your vehicle.
    I am not able to promise or guarantee we can give you a Subaru Added Security plan but I first need to contact the dealership to obtain additional information concerning the repairs that were performed.
    I will contact you once I speak with the Service Manager at the dealership. If you need to contact me in the meantime please call 1-800-SUBARU3 or respond to this email.
    Sincerely,
    Claudia Castro
    Customer/Dealer Services
    Subaru of America, Inc.
    [THREAD ID:1-44FD8C]

Sent: 6/25/2009 02:20:11 PM
    To: custdlrservices@subaru.com
    Subject: (SR #:1-249300155) Vehicle Problem

I was told to contact Subaru of America because my 2009 WRX was one of those with the engine build of 08/08. The engine failed and had to be replaced because of the rod bearing failure. Subaru did a great job replacing the engine, but I would like to have the Gold Warranty at no cost for my trouble and to alleviate reservations I now have about the car, as well as to maintain good customer relations as I am thinking about replacing our Jeep Liberty with a Forrester. Please respond to cell if possible as I cannot get through on the 800 line. Thank you.
    Thanks for the response. Sounds like you are in the same situation I am. Here is the email I got back:

Mr. Morgan,

Please accept this e-mail as a follow-up to the unfortunate circumstance that prompted your contact to Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA).

I took the liberty of speaking to Ryan in Service at Flatirons Subaru who confirmed the replacement engine was received and your vehicle is currently being worked on. I am unsure of the repair ETA but would anticipate if not by the end of this week then the early part of next week. With regards to your inquiry about an SAS that you read about on-line, we do not have a program in effect to provide customer's with as SAS contract with concerns similar to your vehicle. Although this failure is unfortunate, the warranty is in force to cover this repair. Although I have not provided the answer you anticipated, thank you for allowing me to respond.

Regards,

Rick Pozniak

yeah, it sounds like the kind of thing where you won't get anything unless you make some noise.

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    make noise gents, it will be worth it in the end

one guy said he was going to pick his vehicle up and threatened to get an attorney

the ground work has been laid, lots and lots of folks got upgraded warranties, etc- just don't give up
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    make noise gents, it will be worth it in the end
    Good luck all
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Good luck all
    hey, I was looking at your mod list, what's "license plate delete"?

Update

The WRX with 156 mi. (26 by me) was a July 08 vehicle. Longblock going in this week. Subaru of America has been
    good to work with so far. Jim Miller Subaru in Cedar Rapids, IA has been working hard for me too. The Service manager has devoted a lot of his time to the issue.

just broke 9000 miles... on my 09 wrx 08/08 build

and im still in good shape..

maybe i got lucky and i wont experience this problem..

i just want it to happen already if its going to happen!!! i want to tune it soo bad but i refuse to touch anything on my car until im way over 15,000... just incase it does happen they cant low ball me and say its my fault

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    just broke 9000 miles... on my 09 wrx 08/08 build

and im still in good shape..

maybe i got lucky and i wont experience this problem..

i just want it to happen already if its going to happen!!! i want to tune it soo bad but i refuse to touch anything on my car until im way over 15,000... just incase it does happen they cant low ball me and say its my fault

I'm in the same situation.. I'm at 14,500 though and would just really like to know when it's gonna happen!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cecilia View Post
    I'm in the same situation.. I'm at 14,500 though and would just really like to know when it's gonna happen!!!!
    the suspense kills me..wondering everyday if todays the day it just makes me wanna