09 WRX Engine Failures - Page 10
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 09 WRX Engine Failures within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by cecilia Hah thanks.. yeah I'm worried about driving up to MT and getting stuck in the middle ...

Quote Originally Posted by cecilia View Post
    Hah thanks.. yeah I'm worried about driving up to MT and getting stuck in the middle of nowhere. Not so much fun. You're in Boulder? Do you go to the Flatirons guys?
    I would suppose that if you have the 08/08 build date that it will eventually happen to yours also. It's not a good feeling though, just kind of waiting for it to happen....I would start listening for any odd noises from the motor when under a load.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Noooooooooooooooooo! Just looked, mine's 08/08. Haven't had any probs at all, and I'm at 13K - anyone know of one that hasn't died? Or I guess that's just a question of 'hasn't died YET' ... Bad idea to go on a 2000 mile road trip at this point? Think I can ask for a replacement before anything happens? Getting scared now..
    Mine was the same build. I blew at about 14,500. The week before I was down in southern Utah in nowhereville(beautiful hiking and canyoneering), 18 miles down a dirt road(so fun!) which is 45 miles from the nearest town. If it had gone then, I don't know what I would've done. Awesome trip btw.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03257.jpg   DSC03238.jpg  

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm sorry to hear that
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by mwake1 View Post
    Mine was the same build. I blew at about 14,500. The week before I was down in southern Utah in nowhereville(beautiful hiking and canyoneering), 18 miles down a dirt road(so fun!) which is 45 miles from the nearest town. If it had gone then, I don't know what I would've done. Awesome trip btw.
    WOW. that's gorgeous!!!
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Sounds like an epic trip!!! LOVE that area! Where'd ya hike?

Yeah I'm up in WY right now and hoping I get back to CO with no probs. Totally having nightmares about the knocking.. it's scary waiting for it to happen!

Sounds like an epic trip!!! LOVE that area! Where'd ya hike?

Yeah I'm up in WY right now and hoping I get back to CO with no probs. Totally having nightmares about the knocking.. it's scary waiting for it to happen!
    We hiked in Coral red sand dunes state park, Buckskin gulch slot canyons, and the Coyote buttes in the paria canyon area. It was great, not too hot, the car was awesome for flying down the backcountry roads. Did great in the sand too, but I had to turn back off one side road because I was afraid of getting stuck in some deep sand.

I Support ClubWRX
    We hiked in Coral red sand dunes state park, Buckskin gulch slot canyons, and the Coyote buttes in the paria canyon area. It was great, not too hot, the car was awesome for flying down the backcountry roads. Did great in the sand too, but I had to turn back off one side road because I was afraid of getting stuck in some deep sand.
    I took mine in soft soft SOFT sand in the mojave desert. There was a guy stuck in his van, and I pulled up behind him to see if he needed help. The guy thought I was nuts. I told him "my car weighs half as much as yours and drives with 3 wheels instead of your 1.... Don't worry about it.

Those hikes sound pretty fun. I'd like to branch out past some of the local stuff, but I haven't had the time for multiple day trips.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I took mine in soft soft SOFT sand in the mojave desert. There was a guy stuck in his van, and I pulled up behind him to see if he needed help. The guy thought I was nuts. I told him "my car weighs half as much as yours and drives with 3 wheels instead of your 1.... Don't worry about it.

Those hikes sound pretty fun. I'd like to branch out past some of the local stuff, but I haven't had the time for multiple day trips.
    Hmm, Telluride, 50 microbreweries, Buddy Guy, Bonnie, etc.

I'd be there: The 16th Annual Telluride Blues & Brews Festival ~ September 18-20, 2009 ~ Telluride, Colorado
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Hmm, Telluride, 50 microbreweries, Buddy Guy, Bonnie, etc.

I'd be there: The 16th Annual Telluride Blues & Brews Festival ~ September 18-20, 2009 ~ Telluride, Colorado
    I definitely will. Made plans today.

I want to go to the GABF (great american beer fest) also.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I definitely will. Made plans today.

I want to go to the GABF (great american beer fest) also.

Now I'm jealous, honestly.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Now I'm jealous, honestly.
    Feel free to join!
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

New Owner Today - Engine locked up

Picked up my new wrx up today. Drove it home on the interstate 25 mi. Noticed a little knock when coming to stopsign before turning into my block. Engine died, restarted came home. Wife got home an hour later, took it for a drive in the neighborhood and the engine locked up a few blocks away. Now the car is back at the dealer with 156 on the odometer. Any chances at a total car swap????/

Quote Originally Posted by lorencherylp View Post
    Picked up my new wrx up today. Drove it home on the interstate 25 mi. Noticed a little knock when coming to stopsign before turning into my block. Engine died, restarted came home. Wife got home an hour later, took it for a drive in the neighborhood and the engine locked up a few blocks away. Now the car is back at the dealer with 156 on the odometer. Any chances at a total car swap????/
    what was the build date?

Build date?

I never looked at the plate when I bought the car this afternoon. The car now is back at the dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by lorencherylp View Post
    I never looked at the plate when I bought the car this afternoon. The car now is back at the dealership.
    did you purchase the car without researching this issue?

Im sure its either a july or aug. 08 build date.