subaru saved me life last night
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on subaru saved me life last night within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well my Subaru is no longer for sale because I totalled it last night.... Story: Coming home roads were a ...

subaru saved me life last night

Well my Subaru is no longer for sale because I totalled it last night....

Story: Coming home roads were a little slippery and my tires are a little old and everyone knows AWD isn't going to help with crap tires and lost control and put it right into a cement pillar doing about 45. I locked the tires up and just slammed right into it. The brunt force of pillar pushed my radiator into my engine, but the air bags didn't go off.

The cement pillar basically folded the front of my car into a taco.

Atleast I have full coverage. Hopefully USAA pays out good.

Just be careful out there guys, you never know what could happen.

I am lucky to be alive, I literally watched my whole life flash before my tender 22 year old eyes.

-Aaron

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Glad you're ok.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Sad to see the car crunched, but you're exactly right a car's job is to save your life. We talk about speed, handling, a nice interior etc., but the real measure of a car is how well it keeps you alive in the event of a crash.
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Quote Originally Posted by thej View Post
    glad you're ok.
    +1
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

i know how you feel man, i had an accident in my suby last night too. i was goin around a turn and the car started skidding so i hit the brakes and they locked up and i was going straight at a curb so i tried swerving away from it but still hit the front driver side of my car. bumper is messed up, and the wheel is pushed back to the wheel well. the car wont even move. i had it towed to my house.
    glad to hear your okay man, sounds like a pretty bad accident

Glad your ok man,,,,,, lets see some pictures

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Subarus are built like tanks,nice to know when you as$ is on the line.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 4cyturbowrx View Post
    Glad your ok man,,,,,, lets see some pictures

pictures coming later today, I am really, really sore, and haven't even wanted to walk to the car and take them.

thanks guys, after that accident I really wouldn't mind getting a new subaru, if a subaru can handle hitting a cement pillar doing around 45 or so, and my friend and I WALK away, then I'm convienced. I just hope I don't get screwd by the insurance

PICS UP SOON
    Last edited by sweet_mon420; 10-26-2008 at 10:58 AM. Reason: omit

USAA took very good care of me when i totaled my car b4 the subbie. you cant go wrong with them. They even didnt make me pay a deductible. they took it out of the payoff amount lol.

I wrecked my04 last week. Luckily I'm getting it repaired. I went over a barrier at 35 mph. I wasn't taking the turn too fast. It just wasnt marked with any warnings or visuals *ie lines or signs. Just started raining and it just got dark and I was in unfamiliar territory just outside of chattanooga, TN. Hit a concrete barrier after wheels locked up and understeered me into a 1 foot high concrete barrier. After driving over the top of it and into the other lane we came to a halt. Me and my passenger were fine. My foot felt like it was going to go through the brake pedal so i had sprained foot that I'm still limping on. Luckily the air bags when never went off. My aps 3.0" exhaust was barely scraped. However my car needed $7k to get rolling again.

Moral of the story:
    Be careful out there and dont ever try to overdrive your car especially on public roads.

Glad to hear you came out ok.
    Cobb Accessport v1 stage 2 93 map, Nitto Invo Tires, Sti Front and Perrin Rear Sways, Rota Torque Wheels, APS Exhaust 3.5" turbo back. Catless TurboXS Up pipe, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake lines, Hawk HPS Brake Pads, Paranoid Fabrications Cowl Braces, Group-N Tophats, Group-N Trans and Engine Mount, Tokico Dspec w/ Rce Black springs

+1 for how subarus are very safe in accidents/crashes. Me and a freind of mine were takin a left turn at 60mph in his 06 wrx, with summer tires on last winter, (when it was 20 degrees out), took the turn nice, but when we were comin out of it he his hit the brakes, they locked up, we skidded out and wrapped around a telephone pole. We both didnt have a scratch on us. But the car was completely mangled, easily could have been dead or badly injured, thank god for the side airbags and subarus reliability!
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

99 Civic SI *ITR 5 Lug-16x8 Dunlop CP-R's* *SOLD*

2010 Tacoma 6-Speed *SOLD*

2007 WRB STi

Glad to hear you are ok. Use the insurance to get an 09 WRX.

TITTYWOP!
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Glad to read you are OK - keep us posted.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

well here are some pics, everytime I look I can't believe I walked away.....

The pics are attached by this post.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wreck car.jpg   wreck car 2.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.