Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) - Page 64
Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1454555657585960616263646566 LastLast

This is a discussion on Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; for the front bar you can use any sway links, as the oe ones are spherical (and thus far held ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    for the front bar you can use any sway links, as the oe ones are spherical (and thus far held up well) haven't seen a real need to replace them- w/ my old wagon they were plastic "dogbones" w/ rubber bushings on each end- these were definitely worth replacing

I think the rear ones should be replaced as they have a rubber bushing (lower)- my rule set doesn't allow any replacement of rear sway bars/links (kind of a goofy rule if you ask me) however
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    well I had an interesting weekend, got my car tech'd Friday evening and discovered I had an ~ 1/16" circumferential groove in one of my Hoosiers- just deep enough a small amount of cord was showing in places, so my Hoosiers were nixed for the two day race I believe that the groove was cut by the rear tire well (under mucho compression no doubt) last season, it was so small I never noticed it. the tires aren't in great shape, but the tread grooves were still visible so plenty of tread

the guy even commented had the tire been mounted to the inside he never would have even noticed it

sooooo- that put my on the oe Dunlops, something I wasn't looking forward to

after being on Hoosiers, going back to street tires (and not overly good ones at that) was a major step backward and opened a whole new learning curve

the second day my run group ran entirely in the rain (heavy rain) so I wasn't complaining on Sunday!

anyways I got lucky and came away w/ a little hardware

Mother Nature
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

I Support ClubWRX

I Support ClubWRX
    give you an idea on how much rain

I Support ClubWRX
    vid I found (B Stock STi)- last run, the rain had actually just about quit at this point

YouTube - ‪ddddllllssss's Channel‬‏

Was anyone named Noah running?
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

I Support ClubWRX
    to be honest it was actually pretty fun running in the full rain, coming downhill out of the big sweeper there was a small lake that formed that when you went through it you lost all site of the track- a little unnerving to be sure, but kind of like a little kid splashing through puddles

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    for the front bar you can use any sway links, as the oe ones are spherical (and thus far held up well) haven't seen a real need to replace them- w/ my old wagon they were plastic "dogbones" w/ rubber bushings on each end- these were definitely worth replacing

I think the rear ones should be replaced as they have a rubber bushing (lower)- my rule set doesn't allow any replacement of rear sway bars/links (kind of a goofy rule if you ask me) however
    So the stock end links hold up pretty well in front? You use a whiteline 24mm ajustable? I am just wondering because I just change my front sway bar for a used 24mm bar and endlinks. Its just that I think the end links are clunking pretty bad. Tried greasing every up really well but still does it. So I think i will just go back to stock end links and see if I can find out what is clunking.

I Support ClubWRX
    yup 24mm bar, set to the 26mm position

the oe ones can break (as just about any link really), but they are pretty tough- the fact that are spherical gives you good performance and they are quiet- no clunking w/ oe ones (unless they do happen to break)

I think it's a pretty common complaint from folks w/ aftermarket links clunking- this can be a symptom of a bearing getting loose (spherical links) or a bushing getting loose (non-spherical) or often a hardware problem (too much play)- sometimes simply things aren't torqued correctly, regardless the oe spherical links aren't too bad a choice

Yeah I think i will go back to the oe end links. They are pretty cheap too compared to aftermarket. Bought the sway bar and endlinks used so maybe the end links are at the end of their life anyways. And I think I read you change your sway bar about a year or two ago, so if they can last that long I will be more than happy. The Main thing that sucks is that the oe were a PITA to get off (seize on quite well, two winters of crap on them). Oh well you live and learn.

alignment #'s were pretty close when we put it on the rack, toe was off a little, but still well within spec

I was able to eek out -1.4/side up front- took a little doing, but we got it set the front/rear toe to 0.00, so I should be good to go
    recently got my '10 aligned. 0* toe f/r, -1.0* camber up front (said they could go further but wouldn't have been even on both sides) out back 0* toe and -.5* camber. The difference from factory is night and day. So far, haven't really seen any difference in tire wear either. Turn in, which I didn't think could improve much has greatly improved and over all the car is more stable and planted around hard corners. Dramatically less tire squeal when pushed too. No noticeable loss in straight line traction and the car seems to track better over uneven road surface as well.

Very pleased I am.. never thought slight tweaking would make that much of a difference. If any of you are thinking about it.. do it.. its money well spent.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Not to derail your thread, but what is allowed for camber adjustment in the stock class? If camber bolts are not permitted in stock, then what class would this put me in? (assuming no other mods are done)

I figured you know the answer to this since you posted a similar question on NASIOC back in 2001.

I Support ClubWRX
    only camber adjustment is what is provided from the factory, in our case the upper eccentric bolt; adding camber bolts would put you into STU- where you get to play w/ the STi's and EVO's

second round of the Montana Challenge finds me in good shape to repeat this year with the last event this month

my current Hooisers are totally shot, little to no tread and cords showing on 3 of the 4 tires, got "new" (read used) Hoosiers being mounted now

2nd round pics

only camber adjustment is what is provided from the factory, in our case the upper eccentric bolt; adding camber bolts would put you into STU- where you get to play w/ the STi's and EVO
    I should have stated that I have an STI, which puts me in BS. What's this STU you speak of, sorry I am a n00b.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk