Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) - Page 5
Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by sht Off to a good start How does that shield work with waxing and stuff? wash and ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sht View Post
    Off to a good start

How does that shield work with waxing and stuff?
    wash and wax like normal (they insist that the venture shield needs some wax)

Quote Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
    100% agreed. How did you do it?
    it's a vinyl overlay- then the center section is cut out- the clear bra guy did it- I've heard it can be kind of a pain for someone not used to working w/ the stuff

Quote Originally Posted by camino cielo View Post
    I like those AST's with their piggyback reservoirs on the rear shocks. Are they 2-way? And what's that clamp or bolt below the spring perch on the front struts?
    yes 2-way, the reservoirs are nitrogen which the level can be adjusted

they canibalized the oe struts for the lower perches to stay Stock class legal- it still has adj ride height, but for competition it has to be fixed at oe height- also as the oe perch is asymetric it has to be locked so the perches are facing the right direction and cant twist
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    well so much for the summer tires calling for 10-12" of snow this evening (little early even by Montana standards)

winter tires are mounted- Nokian WR G2's- 215/45/17 V rated, I had extremely good luck w/ my previous Nokians- hoping these are as good

Ah this is awesome. I cannot wait until my bugeye wears out so I can get an 09 haha. At only 70k miles, it's going to take a while though. this is going to be a good thread

Quote Originally Posted by HxcJohnny View Post
    Ah this is awesome. I cannot wait until my bugeye wears out so I can get an 09 haha. At only 70k miles, it's going to take a while though. this is going to be a good thread
    this comment makes me sad because i have an 05 with over 70k miles on it. drive your car more.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWorks View Post
    this comment makes me sad because i have an 05 with over 70k miles on it. drive your car more.
    That makes me sad, I have an 04 that has 100K on it....
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

Find yourself a bugeye fanboy and sell it. 70k's nothing compared to my 113k bugeye.
    2nd WRX...
    More than meets the eye.

tod
    '03 bugeye w. 56k, here.

Too bad about the snow. We had a cold front come through yesterday, as well...................wait for it...............The temp only go to......................75 yesterday.

Actually, that is a cold front compared to the 90ish it has been.

How are the wheel dimensions on the gen 3's? Still the massive offset?
    Four wheels = Japan
    Two wheels = Italy

I Support ClubWRX
    we didn't quite get the 10" they called for, closer to 7-8"- still a pretty good dump (parts of the state got over 2' )

yes the wheels are 55mm offset- that's a Suby thing that I don't see changing anytime soon

wheels are heavy too- 22.6 lbs!

So how'd the thing do in the snow?
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    well I had to work in it , but the boss says it handled wonderfully

got the swaybar spread sheet btw- thanks, I'll post some #'s up on the 3gen rear bars soon

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    we didn't quite get the 10" they called for, closer to 7-8"- still a pretty good dump (parts of the state got over 2' )

yes the wheels are 55mm offset- that's a Suby thing that I don't see changing anytime soon

wheels are heavy too- 22.6 lbs!
    For flippin' 17x7? Yikes.
    (OK) (HATW)

I Support ClubWRX
    but strong like a pioneer woman

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWorks View Post
    hah. part of me wants to drive it everyday and just wear it out so I can get something newer, but the other half of me wants this car to last forever. Ideally, I'd like to keep the car and just buy something new when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I will be very interested to hear your review of the two cars, especially if you're able to drive them back-to-back.
    Ok, got to drive an '08 STI and '09 WRX back to back....drove the STI first, they're selling it $4000 off MSRP so very tempting, it looks soooo fast sitting still with its fender flairs and quad tailpipes. Driving it was pretty much what I expected, have gotten a little spoiled with no turbo lag in my M3 but there wasnt much in the STI. Turn in was really good (mind you, this is still with seller in pass. seat and I might buy this so no crazy driving during break-in period). Shifter is very smooth with short throws, suspension is smooth over cracks and bumps in the road, smoother and quieter than I remember the '05 or what I expected.
    Then took the WRX on the same road which included a short off-ramp with sharp right hand turn with a stop, then a very sharp 270 degree right turn (very, very fun) to get back on the freeway. Here the brakes were more effective and turn in better on the STI as well as the 3rd gear power but not as big as on the previous generations (of WRX), the difference was actually fairly small (then again, this is 6/10ths driving but still fast enough to make the salesman brace himself a little). The bottom end and midrange power was pretty impressive on the WRX and I expect it to get better with break-in. Can't really comment on top-end power as I didn't rev it out much, I do have some respect for the prospective buyer (which could be me!). The gearbox worked a LOT better than on my '05, even when I had Kartboy SS. At one point there was a long sweeper/merging on the freeway and that's where I noticed some imbalance on the WRX but I did go pretty fast there and it was nowhere as bad as on the '08 WRX. Was very impressed by the quietness by both cars, a little annoyed by the seats, the headrest seemed too far forward and expect it to hit the helmet during trackdays. I was surprised by how small the I/C was on the WRX. Both cars felt fairly light and tossable, I dont know the weights but I miss it in my M3, that car you can really feel the heft. So there, I loved the STI and were very impressed by the WRX, is the pricedifference worth it? Around $28k w/ premium package for the WRX and around $34k for the STI w/ the "BBS" package, I had hoped for little less money for the STI. Strangely enough, the STI sound reminded me more of my moms '67 VW beetle 1300cc boxer engine that I learned to drive on the frozen lakes when I was around 13, the WRX actually sounded pretty good.

Your memory is a little off. The 1966 VW was 1300cc. The 1967 was 1500cc and I learned to drive on my mothers too...
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.