Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) - Page 47
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all, just read the thread, (yep from start to finish). Love the fact that this thread has autox! Just ...

Hello all,
    just read the thread, (yep from start to finish). Love the fact that this thread has autox! Just had my 1 year anniversary with my WRX, and my first ever of AutoX events finishing. Just sways at this point, (Perrin 22 & 19). Looking at suspension next. Going back and forth tonight with RCE and their new offering. With the adjusted price point I think I will have Bilsteins on by spring!

Keep up the good work Big Sky, just wish I had a heated garage...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    first off a big welcome aboard

as much as I like the Koni's, they were a pain getting them together- had the Bilstein option been available at the time I would have likely ended up w/ them (heck I still might )

heated garage- you and me both
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    first off a big welcome aboard

as much as I like the Koni's, they were a pain getting them together- had the Bilstein option been available at the time I would have likely ended up w/ them (heck I still might )
    Interesting. What's the Bilstein option? I just went to their Web site, and I didn't see anything for the new WRX. Is it adjustable?

I Support ClubWRX
    custom Bilstein- just announced by RCE- specifically made for the 08-10 WRX, aggressive valving (non-adj) will work w/ stock springs or their new (on the way) 350/350 # WRX springs

Here's the link to the deal, though they won't have them until after new years. A bit pricier than I'd hoped, but the reduced hassle vs. konis will make it worthwhile for me...

GTWORX by BILSTEIN OEM fitment SPORT SHOCKS /SUSPENSION for 08+ WRX !! - NASIOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Myles had the oe dampers (both WRX and STi) dyno'd and I provided him w/ the Koni damping dyno curves- he's been working closely w/ Bilstein to come up w/ a nice firm (but not overly firm) damper. I think he's planning on additional on car testing, that might account for the after Jan 1 date.

Schweeeeeeeeeeeeet

I Support ClubWRX

that time of year

it's that time of year

out w/ the BBS/Dunlops, in w/ the oe/Nokians

I still have to pick up a spare WR tire- I have a spare oe rim so I can run a full size spare

one thing about running stock class- your street tires sure do last barely worn at all

I took the lip off for "winter" and will get the cracks welded

DUB
    it's that time of year

out w/ the BBS/Dunlops, in w/ the oe/Nokians

Yup, I'll be doing that in the next couple of weeks, too.

Gotta get my LM-22's I snagged at the Tire Rack($300 to my door) fire sale mounted tomorrow. Meanwhile, we had a 65 here today and I was planning to attend an autocross down in Rantoul, IL today, which was even warmer being 100 mi. south of me. Unfortunately I had a small accident and sprained my wrist and foot last night. What a missed opportunity in November for our area.
    '11 WRX Hatch
    Lightning Red

I Support ClubWRX
    wow- $300- that is a good snag!

the Nokians are terribly priced- if I lived in Europe I think they would be much more affordable, not enough competition from retailers stateside so the prices stay high. the upside is I've never seen any tires that wear like Nokian- my last set I just retired even though there was still ample tread- I figured after four seasons the rubber might be degrading

hope you have a speedy recovery

@ 869.00 + shipping yeah thats pricey....But Bilstein came on the 09's correct? So it may be worth it... I already have STi pinks waiting to be on, just lookin for the struts/shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    Here's the link to the deal, though they won't have them until after new years. A bit pricier than I'd hoped, but the reduced hassle vs. konis will make it worthwhile for me...

GTWORX by BILSTEIN OEM fitment SPORT SHOCKS /SUSPENSION for 08+ WRX !! - NASIOC
    I <3 SASHA.M

I Support ClubWRX
    nope- the spec B Legacy came w/ Bilsteins (hence the "B" ), the 09 dampers were slightly firmer than the 08 dampers, but not much (this after comparing dynos)-otherwise identical to the 08 ones

these Bilsteins will be custom tuned for the 08-10 WRX and will handle oe springs up to 400#+ springs

I don't think it's too bad a price considering these are basically a one off- this isn't anything that Bilstein will be selling or any other retailer (besides RCE). They are plug and play, unlike the Koni's. If you figure around $600-ish just for oe dampers, custom damped Bilsteins don't sound too bad

Thanks for correcting me on the Bilstien, yes you're right the dealer did say that about the Legacy when I was lookin @ it.

As for the pricing when you put it in that light it does seem like a fair price, especially if the OE is goin for 600ish... if that's the case it makes sense to pony up a little more for somethin better..

I can't wait to feel what my car will drive like with those and the STi pinks... Today makes exactly 2 yrs I've had my 08' been starvin for suspension/power LOL

nope- the spec B Legacy came w/ Bilsteins (hence the "B" ), the 09 dampers were slightly firmer than the 08 dampers, but not much (this after comparing dynos)-otherwise identical to the 08 ones

these Bilsteins will be custom tuned for the 08-10 WRX and will handle oe springs up to 400#+ springs

I don't think it's too bad a price considering these are basically a one off- this isn't anything that Bilstein will be selling or any other retailer (besides RCE). They are plug and play, unlike the Koni's. If you figure around $600-ish just for oe dampers, custom damped Bilsteins don't sound too bad
    Last edited by spt wrx 2k8; 11-15-2009 at 08:40 AM.
    I <3 SASHA.M

...the spec B Legacy came w/ Bilsteins (hence the "B" )
    Whoa... my mind has been blown. I knew the spec.B came with Bilsteins, but I never put it together...

I'm definitely excited about the Bilsteins for the 09s!

-Steve

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.