Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) - Page 46
Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Opposite Lock Mike, let me know if you're going to attend the SF divisional. I'd love to ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Opposite Lock View Post
    Mike, let me know if you're going to attend the SF divisional. I'd love to meet you in person!
    most definitely
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post

I'm very envious of you guys having a street tire stock class- I think that's a great idea- would be fun if stock class went that way altogether- not likely, but would be nice

are you guys done or do you still have events?
    We have our last two events to finalize the Chicago Region season this weekend. Class is won, so I'm just working on placing high on overall PAX and keeping up with the "real" DS class. I put up a fight in Milwaukee, but I'm finishing second it looks like in AWD street tire. I have an STU national trophy driver co-driving with me on Saturday for comparison and feedback, should be fun. Then.....the big contemplation over winter to go to DS and nationals.
    '11 WRX Hatch
    Lightning Red

I Support ClubWRX
    congrats

a set of wheels and tires and your there- do it

Awesome thread BigSky, just a question as your the only one I can think of with a white 09 fancy adding some pics to the gallery???? Link is in my sig if your interested.
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    ahh- missed that somehow- done

Have you heard how your old car is doing in Canada?

here's my first mod- it's not a triple adjustable set of Motons, but it's a start

All this beautiful red stitching in the interior and nothing on the shift knob- so I picked up this beauty from Jon at Flatirons.com

genuine STi knob (same one that was on the 22B )

the stitching is absolutely spot on

the oe knob is OK, but kind of meh

installed

hey sorry if this question has been asked already- but what's the part # on this shift knob? I can't seem to find it anywhere..

thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious1Josh View Post
    Have you heard how your old car is doing in Canada?
    Josh- How's it going? (shoot me an email w/ your new contact info) I think the car is now w/ a new owner (still in Canada)- I got a pm from a guy who said he has my old car- I think he was planning a few things for her (new turbo, etc)

not sure of the part #, but they can be got here:

JDM STI 22B Style Shift Knob

hey man since the season is almost over and now it is in the winter time to try some new thing on the subaru i have one idea. has anyone that thought of putting an 255/45 hoosier on the car and maybe getting a bigger contact patch becuase with an 50 offset wheel or spacer might work. so i was wonder what your take on this was.

I Support ClubWRX
    it would be tight, but might fit- too tall of a tire IMO though

w/ 245/40 A6's I was getting slight rubbing inboard on the rear- I'll have 2mm spacers in the rear (I'm going to 5mm spacers in the front) next season

it would be tight, but might fit- too tall of a tire IMO though

w/ 245/40 A6's I was getting slight rubbing inboard on the rear- I'll have 2mm spacers in the rear (I'm going to 5mm spacers in the front) next season
    Do you know if the front knuckle design was carried over from the STi or WRX despite the 5x100 lug pattern? The WRX is already prone to excessive wheel bearing wear and tear when tracked heavily.
    2nd WRX...
    More than meets the eye.

I Support ClubWRX
    same knuckle and same bearing- unfortunately

there was a rumor that Subaru released a sealed bearing for the 5x100 WRX's- sadly turns out the rumor was false

Well, I'm pretty much done.

I picked up a 94 325is for about what the AST's would have cost.

Raced it already, and whoa, it felt fast, but was much slower than the WRX in my hands. I realized that I haven't driven a RWD car ever.

It was kinda fun though, getting that back end out, but pretty slow when I did. It needs a LSD, and 255x40x17's. Other than that, it's got a good bit of M3 upgrades, and I'll be running it in STX.

I'm selling the WRX upgrades on 3GWRX.com. The SPT catback(Sedan) and 25mm perrin bar for $550.00 plus shipping together. Gonna miss that rumble. Momma will be driving it for what Subaru intended, safe, peppy grocery getting. Saw a pic of one on ebay that had rolled several times, and the drivers compartment was entirely intact.

That should be enough for my lowering springs, and to get the Bilsteins revalved/rebuilt.
    Last edited by MurphysLaww; 10-27-2009 at 10:14 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    congrats on your new purchase, you've always got the grocery getter as a backup

If only it had been an 09', and I might have stuck with it. Maybe I'll see some of you at nationals.

I'm sure you'll do better than I will. I'll be with the Lone Star crew in the Black 325, debadged. I'm actually surprised the 255's aren't more expensive. Everything else for this thing is pretty cheap, and salvage items are a dime a dozen.

With some lookin' you can find a used 300+ hp M3 engine for under $3k, with tranny. I might make it to DSP at some point. Lot's o' Bimmers there still.

Surprised at how tiny the BMW looks next to the WRX. Once it's lowered, I think it will be a foot shorter.
    Last edited by MurphysLaww; 10-27-2009 at 01:45 PM.