Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) - Page 45
Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I think they would be competitive w/ the 135's, but it appears that the Acura's currently are a much bigger ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I think they would be competitive w/ the 135's, but it appears that the Acura's currently are a much bigger worry
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MurphysLaww View Post
    We gotta get koni on this.

As I'm figuring out the whole autocross thing, I'm getting closer to the MS3's (Less than a second), and the A-Stock Sti's. I had my first experience with "getting rotation" this weekend when I ran 38psi front and 40.5 in the rear. It was weird, just as I thought I was going to push out, the back end came around and straightend the car out, putting me almost perfectly in line for the next turn.

It's nice to have 3 top 10's from nationals (Pedroza, Hollis, and Hale) to compare times to.

I'm starting to think it won't be a waste of time to take the 08' to nationals next year. I think if I can pick up a second with adjustables, R-comps, Koseis, and competition pads, I may not be last.
    I would be down for nationals next year too, but I am not sure if I am going to be staying in DS, if Koni doesn't hurry up I will be investing in Some BC coils, and calling it a day. Granted I will bump a class, but at this point I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    I think they would be competitive w/ the 135's, but it appears that the Acura's currently are a much bigger worry
    I think you could easily trophy with the car, but not sure if a win is possible. I have one benchmark locally which is an Integra that finished 10th in DS at nationals, but that is 4 secs out from 1st. Had one event I finished .8 behind him with me on street tires, .4 behind with a 1-cone dirty run. Doesn't say much, but it's something. That was my first day with the Koni's and was feeling them out as well. The car itself could have caught him that day IMO.
    Last edited by tuskenraider; 09-30-2009 at 09:16 PM.
    '11 WRX Hatch
    Lightning Red

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ good to hear

I was hoping (kind of ) that the winner of last years D Stock champ (Patrick Smith) was going to be at our divisionals (he was there last year) to get a yard stick measurement of how far behind I'd be- but alas he never made it- doesn't look like he competed at Nationals this year (maybe in another class???)

I don't have any illusions about my abilities after 6 races, I really and truly, just don't want to finish last, and hopefully less than 4 seconds out of the top 10 in a minute long course.

I've been as close as 1 1/2 seconds now to the ST Honda civics(Hollis and Hale), and 3 seconds from Pedroza (C-stock Miata, in a short, fast course).

I'm hoping that would translate to being 2-4 seconds off the fast guys at nationals that were a second or two behind the afore -mentioned guys.

might be all for naught, as I'm looking at some other class cars now for a purpose Auto-x car. Miatas, Bimmer 325's, and an Integra GSR.

Truthfully, the sticking point for not continuing with the Wrex is the lack of the adjustables at a non-insane price point. I can buy a whole Auto-x car for the price of the Vorshlag/AST's

I Support ClubWRX
    if your getting within 1.5 seconds of Andy- I'd say your doing pretty well

clearly there are cheaper (and easier) cars to choose from a solely autox standpoint, but I've always enjoyed a car that can do lots of things well -from grocery getting to getting you to the top of ski mountain in the dead winter (and not too shabby in the autox arena )

Quote Originally Posted by MurphysLaww View Post
    and hopefully less than 4 seconds out of the top 10 in a minute long course.
    That's 4 second total for the two courses, so 2 seconds average out of 1st on each day/course.
    '11 WRX Hatch
    Lightning Red

So I raced against the Integra again today for the second time and ended up .2 behind him on a great final run. This run was a 5500 rpm dump launch which I will never do again in the car again due to the very horrible noises and banging the car made, lol. I swore I ripped an engine or tranny mount apart and I plan on taking the time to inpsect them in the very near future. Anyway, I even finished 10th overall on PAX index out of 130+ which really is quite an accomplishment on street tires and in Chicago region. Along with placing 17th overall at Milwaukee's last event, I feel pretty damn good about the car right now.
    Last edited by tuskenraider; 10-04-2009 at 04:50 PM.
    '11 WRX Hatch
    Lightning Red

It's always hard to forecast how cars will stack up against each other, but for what it's worth, Alex Murasan (the 2009 DS national champ in an Integra Type R) is in my region and the two times I raced against him, my stock WRX on Hoosiers was 0.07 secs behind and with Hoosiers, Motons, and a Perrin exhaust was 0.70 secs behind. Now if Nationals has rain at least one day . . .

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ that's definitely well within in the "mix" for both of you

would be nice to see the WRX(s) represented at Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    ^ that's definitely well within in the "mix" for both of you

would be nice to see the WRX(s) represented at Nationals
    well, you know that Karen Kraus will be there every year forever

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ true- I meant to say D Stock

Karen ran a D Stock WRX (06 or 07) for at least one year- she did pretty well too (not surprise there )

So Mike, how has your autox season gone? Haven't heard much about the events you've attended......
    '11 WRX Hatch
    Lightning Red

I Support ClubWRX
    my season was a little on the skimpy side- the events I attend are 400 miles (one way!) away. fortunately they were all two day events w/ multiple runs (probably averaged 6-8 runs/day) so I got a fair amount of seat time for only doing four events

not much in the way of D Stock competition- I thought the 2008 National (D Stock- Integra) champ was going to show for divisionals this year (he was there last year) , but didn't. I didn't have any visions of beating him, but thought it would be a good yard stick of how far out I was

the R comps take a little getting used to, there isn't near the "communication" w/ R comps as there is w/ street tires

they obviously grip better which changes everything- turn in, braking, entry speed etc- not complaining mind you- just different

my PAX has creeped up a little, not sure if it's the class I'm in or slight improvement in my driving (maybe a little of both?)

I like Stock class, I do miss just driving to events though (no tire swap), I also miss the extra messing around that ST* afforded, but at the same time it's nice to be fully prepped w/ a lot less work (and $)

I'm hope next season to try and hit all three divisionals- one in San Francisco, one in Packwood (Nat'l tour event as well) and the Helena one

I'm very envious of you guys having a street tire stock class- I think that's a great idea- would be fun if stock class went that way altogether- not likely, but would be nice

are you guys done or do you still have events?

Mike, let me know if you're going to attend the SF divisional. I'd love to meet you in person!