Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) - Page 44
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; sounds good...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    sounds good
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bigsky, have you heard any updates from your contact at Koni whether they're going to develop an off-the-shelf version of the WRX SA Yellow, or whether we're going to have to keep going the LGT+mod route

I Support ClubWRX
    I have not, which is a little worrisome I think the more Koni hears from 08/09 (soon to be 10) folks, the more likely they are to come up w/ something

I'm pretty sure they were disappointed by the number of LGT setups they've sold- I told them the WRX market would be larger, not sure how much they believe me

I will add that RCE is in the process of trying to get a damper built, I'm pretty sure it isn't w/ Koni, but may be with Bilstein - if that comes to fruition that will be a viable choice- they build pretty good dampers and Myles is now a owner of 09 WRX so I'm sure he will have a lot of input

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    I have not, which is a little worrisome I think the more Koni hears from 08/09 (soon to be 10) folks, the more likely they are to come up w/ something
    What's the best way to provide that feedback? I--and I'm sure a lot of others in this group--would be happy to snap off something telling them they need to get something off-the-shelf for the new WRX. I can't believe they'd base the viability of a new WRX build (which includes a huge number of autoxers and tuners) on the sales of the LGT dampers (a completely different market--why did they make off-the-shelf adjustables for a soccer-mom mobile?-- which I would personally not have built for in the first place). Are they that dumb? Frustrated!!
    Last edited by Opposite Lock; 09-01-2009 at 12:47 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think a email to Koni asking about an application for the 08/09 WRX (soon to be 10) and when it will be available.

I agree on the LGT- it's great car and I'd own one, but it nots the same crowd for the most part (there are some diehard performance Legacy guys mind you- just not in the same #'s as the WRX).

The more emails (phone call would work too) they got, I think the more likely they'll get one going.

I think a email to Koni asking about an application for the 08/09 WRX (soon to be 10) and when it will be available.

I agree on the LGT- it's great car and I'd own one, but it nots the same crowd for the most part (there are some diehard performance Legacy guys mind you- just not in the same #'s as the WRX).

The more emails (phone call would work too) they got, I think the more likely they'll get one going.
    Cool. I'm on a mission.

I Support ClubWRX
    lmk what they say, maybe they are closer than I thought

You got it!

Big Sky, still liking those Osram +90 bulbs?
    -Pete

Loud Ass Grocery Gettin' Wagon!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    I am- just the other evening I was pulled up at convenience store w/ the lights on and was very impressed on how sharp and intense the beam pattern was

mike, do you have a specific email for koni that you've been using....I need to harass them as well...

We gotta get koni on this.

As I'm figuring out the whole autocross thing, I'm getting closer to the MS3's (Less than a second), and the A-Stock Sti's. I had my first experience with "getting rotation" this weekend when I ran 38psi front and 40.5 in the rear. It was weird, just as I thought I was going to push out, the back end came around and straightend the car out, putting me almost perfectly in line for the next turn.

It's nice to have 3 top 10's from nationals (Pedroza, Hollis, and Hale) to compare times to.

I'm starting to think it won't be a waste of time to take the 08' to nationals next year. I think if I can pick up a second with adjustables, R-comps, Koseis, and competition pads, I may not be last.
    Last edited by MurphysLaww; 09-28-2009 at 07:38 PM.

A few weeks ago, I spoke to a guy named Jason in their R&D dept. He remembered Bigsky's help sending them example dampers to work from. He said they definitely see the need for Yellows for this gen WRX, but it didn't seem like they had any urgency to me. Jason said they were looking for a car in their area (Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, etc.) that they could do some more testing on, and that was the next step. Anyone know an 08-10 owner in that area?

Anyway, Jason ended the conversation by saying that it took them over two years to market a set of OTS Yellows for the current Civic, the implication being that if it took that long for an iconic aftermarket tuner car like the Civic, WRX owners ought not to hold their breath. I'm sure some additional phone calls couldn't hurt in trying to get them more motivated.

If you want to contact Jason, I just went through the main switchboard (859-586-4100). Can't remember the extension, unfortunately, and I threw the paper I wrote it on away. He's in R&D. I actually left him a message over the labor day weekend, and he got right back to me on Tue. morning. He was very responsive.

I Support ClubWRX
    it probably wouldn't hurt getting ahold of Lee Grimes as well at lgrimes@koni-na.com

this shouldn't be near the work as starting from scratch- the fronts are a perfect fit- just need to work on the rear shocks

also interesting that not a single WRX or 135i entered this year at Nationals in D Stock- lots of Acura's per usual, and a few Cobalt's that faired decently, but not a single WRX or 135

it probably wouldn't hurt getting ahold of Lee Grimes as well at lgrimes@koni-na.com

this shouldn't be near the work as starting from scratch- the fronts are a perfect fit- just need to work on the rear shocks

also interesting that not a single WRX or 135i entered this year at Nationals in D Stock- lots of Acura's per usual, and a few Cobalt's that faired decently, but not a single WRX or 135
    Do you think the WRX can actually compete with the 135s in DS?

I haven't paid much attention since I'm running STU. I like my big swaybars front and rear far too much to go back to stock category So I just go get thrashed by the STU-built evos and sti's instead....

As to the Konis, you'd think they would do this freakin quickly, considering how close they are to the LGT pieces. I mean, the longer they wait, the more likely that people will go with other options that come out in the meantime and then Koni loses alot of the sales. I bet alot of people buy the RCE shocks (let's assume they will be good) who otherwise would have gotten Konis if they were available without the modification hassles.....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.