Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) - Page 43
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just some insight on the center armrest extension. I have an '02 and I just recently (about 3 months ago) ...

Just some insight on the center armrest extension. I have an '02 and I just recently (about 3 months ago) got the armrest extension. I had considered it when I first bought the car 7 years ago, but didn't because I didn't think I needed it. A few years ago I thought about picking one up, but I didn't want to the spend the $100+ for one. Finally, I picked one up used and I absolutely love it. I can't believe that I waited this long to get it. It makes long drives so much more comfortable because your elbow naturally falls at that exact height (at least for me at 6').
    Long story short, get the armrest extension and you won't regret it.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    I use and like it, my wife doesn't

my biggest grip w/ it is the previous model center console gave you additional storage (in addition to the added height)- this just gives you added height w/ no storage

for the $ kind of spendy (seeing it doesn't include any storage- didn't know that at the time I ordered it)

btw I've recently added the rear cup holder option- easy install and reasonably priced- if you have rear passengers this is well worth the $- if you don't- not needed

our recent trip to WA w/ four adults it was very nice
    Thanks for the thoughts. Yeah, coming from a Tundra, I was a little disappointed by the small storage space in the console. But, what are you going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe View Post
    Just some insight on the center armrest extension. I have an '02 and I just recently (about 3 months ago) got the armrest extension. I had considered it when I first bought the car 7 years ago, but didn't because I didn't think I needed it. A few years ago I thought about picking one up, but I didn't want to the spend the $100+ for one. Finally, I picked one up used and I absolutely love it. I can't believe that I waited this long to get it. It makes long drives so much more comfortable because your elbow naturally falls at that exact height (at least for me at 6').
    Long story short, get the armrest extension and you won't regret it.
    Thanks!!! Now if I can convince the wife!
    '09 WRX 5-door Premium
    Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT

I actually sold the one that came w/ my '02. It was in the path of my elbow when I shifted and that irritated me. Make sure that isn't going to be the case for you.

Later, T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

I use and like it, my wife doesn't

my biggest grip w/ it is the previous model center console gave you additional storage (in addition to the added height)- this just gives you added height w/ no storage

for the $ kind of spendy (seeing it doesn't include any storage- didn't know that at the time I ordered it)

btw I've recently added the rear cup holder option- easy install and reasonably priced- if you have rear passengers this is well worth the $- if you don't- not needed

our recent trip to WA w/ four adults it was very nice
    I know its overpriced but there is a version that gives you both in Japan for our cars, check out japanparts.com . I fealt the same way as you...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'll check into that- that sounds ideal
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

I Support ClubWRX
    bah- looks like it's for AT only - if you see one for a MT please lmk- that's exactly what I'm looking for (just like the older ones)

Quote Originally Posted by autoXsp33d7 View Post
    not to be rude but what was the price tag on those bad boys. and by the way that is one hell of a shock setup
    The shocks were $6700. The sample front/rear pair was $340. Installation, fabrication of the spring perches, and alignment was $1000, and a nitrogen tank/regulator/guage was another $400. Don't tell my wife

Since Moton didn't have any off the shelf shocks, they had to custom build them. When they do that, they only make the Motorsport model, not the cheaper clubsports. that said, the shocks were similarly priced to Moton Motorsports for many other cars (Porsches for example). They might have given me a slight discount since they got to use my shocks as the "model" for any future WRX requests.

My thinking is that if/when I decide to move to a different auotcross class, I can pretty easily switch to standard coil-over springs and I'll have a kick-ass suspension set-up without having to replace the shocks.

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't think many folks who have gone Moton have regretted their decision- spendy- heck yes, great damper- absolutely

Alan what are you running for wheels/tires and sway bar?

WRX Newbie

Hello All, Big Sky in particular.

I came upon your thread by accident as I was Googling wheels for WRX's yesterday, started reading and read the whole thing. Thank you for your in depth coverage of your mods.

I am myself a brand new member of the WRX family as I've got mine only this past Saturday and unfortunately had to break it in on the drive back from Colorado Springs, CO to Searcy, AR (~1000 miles one way). Coming from a Toyota Camry to a WRX is a heck of an experience. I've wanted a WRX for several years now but did not have the funds. Finally I got some money together and with an excellent deal from a dealer I snagged one up. It's a Silver '09 WRX Hatchback with a Premium package.

You have given me some excellent ideas about some of the initial mods and accessories that I want get. I did not get a Short Shifter when I got the car because of time constraints but I will be adding it as soon as I can, as I had one on my Camry and miss it.

Anyway, wanted to say Hi and thank you for the excellent thread.

I don't think many folks who have gone Moton have regretted their decision- spendy- heck yes, great damper- absolutely

Alan what are you running for wheels/tires and sway bar?
    My race wheels are the typical Kosei's from Tirerack. I was on Hoosier A6's (245 section width) but just replaced my front's with Kumho 710's (haven't had a chance to try them yet). I tried the Perrin front 25mm bar, but found it created terrible understeer so went back to the stock bar (in back to back autocross testing on the same course/same day), the Perrin bar was .7 sec slower on a 50 sec course. Since I now have more suspension tunability, I might retry the front bar and see if I can overcome the understeer by adjusting my shocks.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Belarus View Post
    Hello All, Big Sky in particular.

I came upon your thread by accident as I was Googling wheels for WRX's yesterday, started reading and read the whole thing. Thank you for your in depth coverage of your mods.

I am myself a brand new member of the WRX family as I've got mine only this past Saturday and unfortunately had to break it in on the drive back from Colorado Springs, CO to Searcy, AR (~1000 miles one way). Coming from a Toyota Camry to a WRX is a heck of an experience. I've wanted a WRX for several years now but did not have the funds. Finally I got some money together and with an excellent deal from a dealer I snagged one up. It's a Silver '09 WRX Hatchback with a Premium package.

You have given me some excellent ideas about some of the initial mods and accessories that I want get. I did not get a Short Shifter when I got the car because of time constraints but I will be adding it as soon as I can, as I had one on my Camry and miss it.

Anyway, wanted to say Hi and thank you for the excellent thread.
    welcome aboard you can order the short shifter, the install isn't too bad (I installed my two previous ones- this one I ordered w/ )

Alan- that's very interesting on the front bar- I haven't found mine to be of any hinderance, but I haven't done any back to back testing either. I have even a bigger (custom) bar in the basement that will probably go on next year- hopefully w/ a test and tune and then maybe have a chance to run all three bars

I'm 99% sure I'm going to Kumho next season, if for no other reason than longevity- I like the Hoosiers- I don't like the price or longevity.

Mike

I Support ClubWRX
    well damn I cracked my STi lip good news is that the body shop I use does plastic welding so I'll take off the lip this weekend and let them work there magic

not a giant crack fortunately, but enough so my eye is drawn right to it

well damn I cracked my STi lip good news is that the body shop I use does plastic welding so I'll take off the lip this weekend and let them work there magic

not a giant crack fortunately, but enough so my eye is drawn right to it
    Bummer. Mine still has 2 dents in it from a hit and run. Figure I'll replace it when I replace the front bumper. An another note, my SPT catback muffler section has literally cracked in half today between the weld for the 3" flange section and the flange itself that mounts to the piping section flange. 14K on it or so now as I bought it used so I don't think there's a warranty to be taken advantage of. I saw it was cracked about halfway while doing the rear shocks last Saturday and figure I'd get it done sometime this week. Guess that's tomorrow, so I'll be stopping by Merlin's down the street in the AM to see if they can weld it. I can say I now know how your mufflerless section sounds now....... Even with the rumble, a little too ricey for me.
    Last edited by tuskenraider; 08-26-2009 at 09:03 PM.
    '11 WRX Hatch
    Lightning Red

I Support ClubWRX
    that should weld up nicely- might be worth a try on the warranty though?

did you get the dampers in?

Dampers are in, thanks to a hydraulic press at a local machine shop, car feels much improved. I'll PM you about a thing or two though. Merlin's welded up the flange for $35, but I'll look to see about doubling up a gasket there for a little more flex.
    '11 WRX Hatch
    Lightning Red

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.