Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) - Page 42
Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 984

This is a discussion on Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Looking good mike!...

  1. #616
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    International
    Posts
    37
    Looking good mike!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #617
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    19
    Pics attached of my approach to the D-stock, shock upgrade issue. It's not easier nor cheaper than the Koni's, just different. Tony Collichio at TC Designs in Milpitas, CA. did an awesome job on the fabrication/install. He had to cut the spring perches off the factory shocks. They now sit on the adjustable coil-over collars and are set to the same dimensions as the stock shocks. Now all I need to do is figure out the best settings for them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9363.jpg   IMG_9361.jpg   IMG_9358.jpg   IMG_9364.jpg  

  4. #618
    Registered User AgentH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia Area
    Posts
    463
    As a double adjustable shock, having control over both rebound and compression, are valving and other dampener design concerns involved not as important as they are w/the koni's or other strut replacements?

    Were they originally designed for the LGT?
    2nd WRX...
    More than meets the eye.

  5. #619
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    19
    The range of adjustability (15 settings each for compression and rebound) give the Motons a very wide range of operation so valving is less of an issue. The shocks were custom made (I sent them a sample front and rear shock) so I guess it's appropriate to say they are "originally made" for a 2009 WRX

  6. #620
    Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Plains of Eastern Montana
    Posts
    12,318
    I Support ClubWRX
    very noice! I'm officially jealous

    did they come w/ dyno plots by chance? I'd like to see how the damping compares to the Koni's

    having adj over low speed compression (I'm making a guess that's the compression adj as most manufacturers go that way)- definitely has advantages- the down side is it takes longer to dail in

    my first event w/ the Koni's was very good- the precision in offsets and slaloms was much better- the car felt better planted around the entire course- the course utilized most of the road course portion- it was a 2 minute course!

    I ran the damping at 3/4 turn from full soft (this is ~ 1/2 way- ~ 1.5 turns of adj)- I definitely have some experimenting to do. If a person was looking for additional rotation I think upping the rear rebound (and leaving the front relatively soft) would do it. this course was fast enugh I wasn't looking for extra rotation
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

  7. #621
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    DVille PA
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    very noice! I'm officially jealous

    did they come w/ dyno plots by chance? I'd like to see how the damping compares to the Koni's

    having adj over low speed compression (I'm making a guess that's the compression adj as most manufacturers go that way)- definitely has advantages- the down side is it takes longer to dail in

    my first event w/ the Koni's was very good- the precision in offsets and slaloms was much better- the car felt better planted around the entire course- the course utilized most of the road course portion- it was a 2 minute course!

    I ran the damping at 3/4 turn from full soft (this is ~ 1/2 way- ~ 1.5 turns of adj)- I definitely have some experimenting to do. If a person was looking for additional rotation I think upping the rear rebound (and leaving the front relatively soft) would do it. this course was fast enugh I wasn't looking for extra rotation
    Damn our auto-x laps are only like 40-50 seconds.......

  8. #622
    Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Plains of Eastern Montana
    Posts
    12,318
    I Support ClubWRX
    yeah we're really lucky to have this facility- you can configure it a bunch of different ways- you can just use the infield portion if you want a "traditional" 50 second course as well

    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

  9. #623
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    yeah we're really lucky to have this facility- you can configure it a bunch of different ways- you can just use the infield portion if you want a "traditional" 50 second course as well

    man that would be sweet as hell to race there

  10. #624
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan28 View Post
    Pics attached of my approach to the D-stock, shock upgrade issue. It's not easier nor cheaper than the Koni's, just different. Tony Collichio at TC Designs in Milpitas, CA. did an awesome job on the fabrication/install. He had to cut the spring perches off the factory shocks. They now sit on the adjustable coil-over collars and are set to the same dimensions as the stock shocks. Now all I need to do is figure out the best settings for them
    not to be rude but what was the price tag on those bad boys. and by the way that is one hell of a shock setup

  11. #625
    Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Plains of Eastern Montana
    Posts
    12,318
    I Support ClubWRX
    yeah I wouldn't mind knowing what those run as well
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

  12. #626
    Registered User kalidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    yeah we're really lucky to have this facility
    Looks like a nice site. I just wish I had more of an opportunity to run auto-x here in Tucson. Since I got my car in November there has to my knowledge been one auto-x event here.

  13. #627
    Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Plains of Eastern Montana
    Posts
    12,318
    I Support ClubWRX
    w/ a few more miles under my belt w/ the Koni's I can say that I'm very pleased w/ them on a daily driving basis- my wife didn't even notice the dampers were changed out - that's a good sign

    I can notice (like my previous Koni's) that there are certain cracks/seams where the high speed compression makes them more noticeable- these are a far and few between and even then not bad
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

  14. #628
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
    Looks like a nice site. I just wish I had more of an opportunity to run auto-x here in Tucson. Since I got my car in November there has to my knowledge been one auto-x event here.
    I think the Arizona region only runs their events at Phoenix International or Firebird. It's not that bad a drive from Tucson, but certainly not convenient.

  15. #629
    Registered User Doctor K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    the car was ordered w/ just a few options- dimming mirror, extended center rest, rear cargo net (can't have a grocery getter w/o one of those! )
    Hey, sorry to bring up your first post of this thread, but how is the extended center rest? Mine didn't come with it and I'm not sure if $112 is worth it, but I'm use to resting my entire arm on a big center rest in my 07 Tundra (you can place a baby on there if you wanted). But, driving the Tundra is a little more lazy than the WRX.

    Nice color, btw.
    '09 WRX 5-door Premium
    Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT

  16. #630
    Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Plains of Eastern Montana
    Posts
    12,318
    I Support ClubWRX
    I use and like it, my wife doesn't

    my biggest grip w/ it is the previous model center console gave you additional storage (in addition to the added height)- this just gives you added height w/ no storage

    for the $ kind of spendy (seeing it doesn't include any storage- didn't know that at the time I ordered it)

    btw I've recently added the rear cup holder option- easy install and reasonably priced- if you have rear passengers this is well worth the $- if you don't- not needed

    our recent trip to WA w/ four adults it was very nice
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •