Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) - Page 21
Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 06wrx4me Graphite! As an owner of silver I can tell you, with the brake dust they look ...

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Graphite! As an owner of silver I can tell you, with the brake dust they look graphite most the time anyways, so might as well get them to begin with.
    This is a very true statement.
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

definitely the graphite!
    03' bugeye, helix up, invidia DP, eibach springs, cobb stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by wrxstar View Post
    definitely the graphite!

+1

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    looks like the graphite's might have it
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Well Mike, got the WRX Premium yesterday in Spark Silver for 26K. Snow tires are on for the second push of winter after quite a few nice days in the 50-60 range here. Karboy shifter/bushings are ordered and should be picking up an used SPT catback tomorrow. FSB and endlinks soon.......as well as some lighter wheels and tires. Luckily we have a great indexed street tire class in the Chicago and Milwaulkee regions to run in as I don't want to commit to R-comps yet. I also bought a Mazda3 hatch last month to replace my commuter car that got totalled in December and that can be competitive as well it seems, so the Dunlop Sports are going to the Mazda and some StarSpecs are likely to be ordered for the WRX. Oh.........and graphite FTW.

I Support ClubWRX
    congrats on your purchase! I hope to make it over again (relatives still in Milwaukee) some time in the not too distant future and I won't even have to lug my R compounds over!

you'll be able to do your own magazine test session now

Thanks. And while doing some parts ordering, I noticed they just recently released an SPT boost guage. I was negotiating yesterday and told them I would accept their final offer if they installed a boost guage, which they agreed to. 1/2 hour later they said it wasn't an option for 08-09's, so I took $200 more credit on my trade. Just ordered it tonight and I guess I'll attempt to install it myself(I hate taking dash stuff apart).

I Support ClubWRX
    I've been eyeballing that boost gauge as well, I have a 45mmm Omori "match" (white needle/red backlit) sitting downstairs- so I need to make my mind up which one to go w/

<--- doesn't mind taking dash apart- has no clue on electrical stuff though

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    I've been eyeballing that boost gauge as well, I have a 45mmm Omori "match" (white needle/red backlit) sitting downstairs- so I need to make my mind up which one to go w/

<--- doesn't mind taking dash apart- has no clue on electrical stuff though
    I just installed said gauge about a month ago, and I love it! I removed the stock lamco gauge and installed the omori in its place so I could have more useful units for measuring boost.

Hi I am kinda new to this, i just ordered a new 2009 WRX, it should be here in march i hope. but i was just wondering what is the best site to find mods for 2009 wrx and also where can i find that spt boost gauge because it seems like the spt site is down.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63 View Post
    I just installed said gauge about a month ago, and I love it! I removed the stock lamco gauge and installed the omori in its place so I could have more useful units for measuring boost.
    I've had good luck w/ Omori- had one in my 02 and had two (boost & egt) in my 04 (both in Lamco pods )

The SPT one I have a feeling is going to be a closer match to the oe gauges, but the Omori may well be close enough

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    I've had good luck w/ Omori- had one in my 02 and had two (boost & egt) in my 04 (both in Lamco pods )

The SPT one I have a feeling is going to be a closer match to the oe gauges, but the Omori may well be close enough
    Yep, omori really makes some good quality stuff! I'm thinking about getting two more for the a-pillar (oil pressure and temp, but not sure yet..)

The only thing that stands out against the oe gauges and my omori is the green backlight on the omori is quite a bit brighter with the lights on. This does not bother me at all, but I have read some people actually wire in resistors to dim them down a bit. Other than that, it matches great with my 04' oe gauges. Although I'm not sure what the differences are between mine and the 09's.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63 View Post
    Although I'm not sure what the differences are between mine and the 09's.
    08+ have red guages.

And just got finished putting my SPT exhaust on, couldn't wait for break-in, nor I guess there a real reason to. Sounds like it should now........

Quote Originally Posted by tuskenraider View Post
    08+ have red guages.
    Ah. I see. Well omori makes gauges matching the red backlighting as well I do believe...