Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) - Page 14
Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II) within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I thought that grille in matte black might look okay on a white (or red) car. I wonder if a ...

I thought that grille in matte black might look okay on a white (or red) car. I wonder if a satin or glossy black would actually tie in better with the headlights.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post

It does usually work pretty well to squeeze wide R-compound tires onto the narrow stock rims for stock class autox. I ran 225s on 6" rims on my Miatas. They looked ridiculous but worked great.
    thanks for the input!

that definitely seem to be consensus that I've gathered from other Stock class folks

that makes sense on the construction of the Hoosier in regards to it's light weight

yeah I'll get these worn out before contemplating another tire setup
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Fantastic review, good job.
    ****PHOTOSHOP SKILLS THAT PAY THE BILLS****

I Support ClubWRX
    some random thoughts

the car is officially broken in so I've got to "play" with it a little more thoroughly- the power of this car is very, very impressive and it takes some to impress me

I don't particularly like drive by wire throttle- it's pretty smooth accelerating, but decelerating can be a little herky jerky. It also has some rather obnoxious rev hang- kind of handy when quickly down shifting, not so handy daily driving

my mileage is clearly going to be less than my 04- my 04 I was seeing 28-30 mpg on the Interstate (~ 80mph), the 09 24-26 mpg. interestingly around town, it's about the same ~ 18-20 mpg

took it on a pretty long trip (1,000 miles round) and the car is pretty comfortable (pretty quiet too), seats may be a little firmer- would like to try them back to back to compare. the compression damping seems similar to the Koni's which will give you little "reminders" w/ certain bridge abutments, seams etc that you have a sportier car

the "boss", who thought it was not such a good idea going from no car payments to car payments (of course she is right), is warming up to the 09. she like the new styling, likes very much the pearl paint, like the interior a lot more too and as much as she hates to admit it, likes the new found power

the stereo pretty much sucks- it's a giant double din and is only a single cd, the sound is tolerable, not good. it is pretty at night w/ the red back lighting

eventually a single din (something i-pod ready) and new speakers will make their way in

i'm late, but i'm here.
    subscribed

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    the stereo pretty much sucks- it's a giant double din and is only a single cd, the sound is tolerable, not good. it is pretty at night w/ the red back lighting

eventually a single din (something i-pod ready) and new speakers will make their way in
    On my 06 the stereo was horrid, and I had plans to replace it all at once. However I started with just a head unit, and thats how its stayed. I found the stock speakers completely adequate once tuned properly and supplied with power. Not to mention they are considerably lighter than most aftermarket offerings.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not a stereo guy, but fortunately I have a friend who is

Definitely not looking for an audiophile's dream- just decent sound, nothing more. I'll take your advice and try a head unit to start and see how that sounds first- single din cd w/ a i-pod connection- it has to be backlit red too

Changed oil today @ 1500 miles w/ dino Castrol 5w30. I'll run it ~ 2000 miles and then go to full syn- Castrol (German) 0w30.

I really dig the 09 gunmetal wheels. I would love to put them on my 04. Are they made by Enkie?
    2004 wrb WRX "Bugeye"
    http://www.misubie.com/

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't think so- as usually Enkei when they do oe wheels will mark them w/ Enkei, these have no manufacturing markings that I recognize. I agree a good looking wheel, but at 23 lbs- a little hefty (they look plenty stout though )

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    I'm not a stereo guy, but fortunately I have a friend who is

Definitely not looking for an audiophile's dream- just decent sound, nothing more. I'll take your advice and try a head unit to start and see how that sounds first- single din cd w/ a i-pod connection- it has to be backlit red too

Changed oil today @ 1500 miles w/ dino Castrol 5w30. I'll run it ~ 2000 miles and then go to full syn- Castrol (German) 0w30.
    It'll be a audiophile's dream with the proper turboback system. With my '05's Cobb turboback I very seldom had the stereosystem on, just loved the exhaust sound. Now with my M3 I have a muffler and it has a exotic raspy high pitch sound, very different to the boxer rumble.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ very good point I'm waiting to put by cat back Cobb on so I can do back to back dyno runs stock vs the cat back- maybe Dec or Jan

Howdy; just a had a quick question - I've scanned the 'net for photos but can't find any. It says the '09 center console is illuminated via LED and has power "outlets." Does it have one outlet or two?
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

I Support ClubWRX
    one outlet in the center console (of course you still have the cigarette lighter as well)

I Support ClubWRX
    little update on the Koni development- after visiting w/ Lee who visited w/ the Holland folks- they do want to do a 08/09 WRX setup, but want to utilize a full strut up front (not an insert). this is nice, but Lee said it could be a year or more out that route

He has agreed to work w/ me and develop a front insert/rear shock- thinking w/ the vast components they already have on hand they should be able to come up w/ something w/o too much difficulty. I'll be sending them a front strut and rear shock for development. My hope is to have something up and running prior to Spring- fingers crossed

A couple quick questions:

1) You picked up Cobb's catback exhaust; any reason (or number of reasons) you opted for the Cobb catback over the SPT catback?

I am at the very crossroads addressed above (for my newly broken-in '09 WRX hatch), any insight would be much appreciated.

2) Also, any purported/realized power gains from the Cosworth air filter?

Thanks in advance!