Subaru WRX Forum banner

It's all in the maintenance...

11K views 46 replies 24 participants last post by  himuraken 
#1 ·

:tongue: broke 200,000 during my vacation last week. w00t!

See less See more
#6 ·
Congrats man! I'm just over 95K myself and really looking forward to hitting the big 100K mark. Maybe someday I'll get to 200K. I'm sure the Subie can make there without any problem if I take care of her.
One question for you Timber, "how often do you change your timing belt?" I've been told a lot of different things. My understanding is 105K, but I thought you might have some first hand knowledge.

#9 ·
EVERYTHING on my car is still original, except exhaust, springs, some body parts (haha), some a/c bits, and a throttle position sensor. (and maintenance items, of course)

#15 ·
OEM, and my brother in law did the work for me. He is a certified mechanic (Suzuki), and that is a bit beyond my scope.

At 198,663 you consciously set in motion the plan to have the car turn over 200,000 AND have the odometer read 1337?! (E)leet?! Why didn't I think of that? I just turned 100K. I should have done that!
:D

#11 ·
At 198,663 you consciously set in motion the plan to have the car turn over 200,000 AND have the odometer read 1337?! (E)leet?! Why didn't I think of that? I just turned 100K. I should have done that!

#16 ·
That's great! Quite a milestone and the forethought to get it to say 1337 at just the right time is quite impressive.

My car should hit that in uhhh 65-66 years at my current rate of mileage, if anyone still uses 1337then I'll have to do that.

#21 ·
200k is nothing on a subie... 1337 is the real picture. I want that license plate. 1337 WRX.

You never changed your alternator?

#23 ·
I'm not as hip as ya'll, but I do know how to google search, and am familiar with the Urban Dictionary (so I can stay up with the kids these days).

I guess I understand better now.

copy/paste

1337:
1. Nestled between 1336 and 1338, 1137 is commonly known as a number, or for the more advanced, and "interger"
2. Often misused to satisfy a lamen's ego, the self-proclaimed 1337 will misuse the title, pretending to hold Xtr3m H4x0r capabilities while in fact masturbating to preteen bestiality at 2:00 AM with baggy eyes, anonymously hassling n00b's with better things to do than kill their babies over mindrot such as Everquest and Warcraft. See also "color debris" and "queefstain"

#24 ·
I'm not as hip as ya'll, but I do know how to google search, and am familiar with the Urban Dictionary (so I can stay up with the kids these days).

I guess I understand better now.
The first definition is what timber was going for, specificity the first line.
Urban Dictionary: 1337
Hacker "Sp33k" for leet, or elite.
Why would you resurrect a nearly three year old thread to post that?

#28 ·
While we at ClubWRX certainly never shy away from a friendly round of bestiality, I'm pretty sure we've never used 1337 in the ways you chose to define..
No worries, though, as an "older than the average" member of Club, it took me a couple of years to have any idea what these children were talking about. :wiggles:

#32 ·
Stock or a safe tune if you want any long term mileage out of it =)

Detonation is a pretty common killer for our engines.

#35 ·
Opinions vary. I've never dealt with a Cobb map to be honest. You'd have to do some datalogging to check. Personally, I put Cobb on par with the stock tune in terms of being 'safe'. Both are off the shelf tunes - conservative - but still 'off the shelf'. Some members have posted seeing a decent amount of detonation on Cobb OTS maps - once again, no first hand experience there.

I wouldn't worry in your shoes though. Cobb is pretty well looked upon =).

#36 ·
Bump for old times sake, and an update. Due to personal reasons, the bugeye was parked for some time. It is now nearing 275,000 miles. Unfortunately, it has also acquired a burnt valve since I originally posted this thread. :( I still drive her occasionally, but I am living much closer to my work now, so most of my time is spent on my CBR :-/

Edit: The motor is still original, nothing except belts have been replaced. I have had to replace the transmission and radiator though.

#37 ·
Well done on the trip odo reading for that photo! Would never have even occurred to me.

#41 ·
It was probably 225,000 or so if I recall correctly. The thing about transmissions is that damage is cumulative. I hammered on this car quite a bit, and nothing ever broke. It was during a regular commute that I lost a gear. I believe it was first or second, I can't remember exactly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.