Sti goes back to sedan for 2010 - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74

This is a discussion on Sti goes back to sedan for 2010 within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I love hatches, they are the most functional shape on soo many fronts....

  1. #46
    Resident meany-rator 06wrx4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    11,468
    I Support ClubWRX
    I love hatches, they are the most functional shape on soo many fronts.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

    06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

    COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada its cold
    Posts
    39
    +1 on hatches.

  4. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    117
    06-07 models are my favorite body style. The new wrx and sti don't have as aggressive of a look imo, but out of the two, the hatch gets my vote. Not particularly fond of hatches, but the lines on them are more aggressive and sleek to me than the new sedans. They just seem to bubbly.

  5. #49
    Registered User Kid Aces STI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Whitehall PA
    Posts
    38
    I like the sedans better but the hatch is growing on me

  6. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnough View Post
    06-07 models are my favorite body style. The new wrx and sti don't have as aggressive of a look imo, but out of the two, the hatch gets my vote. Not particularly fond of hatches, but the lines on them are more aggressive and sleek to me than the new sedans. They just seem to bubbly.
    Caught this thread in a google seach and had to reply. I agree, the new hatches are ugly, but I kinda liked the old hatches. I bought my 06 STI because I wanted a STI and I loved the 06-07 body style. If I could do it again I'd seriously consider buying a hatch WRX and upgrading it to STI levels. Because I can't make my STI into a STI

    Maybe I'll win the lotto and I can do something goofy like buy a 06-07 WRX wagon, upgrade it to a STI, and turn the STI into some sick gravel eating monster.

    Honestly what would sell me on another WRX or STI in a heartbeat would be a dual clutch transmission or (smack me for saying it) a decent automatic. Why o why is subaru still even offering a crappy FOUR speed auto? Auto's are bad enough but a four speed? I almost have my wife sold on a Impreza (preferably a GT) but I couldn't stomach paying that much for that pile o junk tranny.

    ok.. soapbox over (and I think this is even my first post. lol)

    bp

  7. #51
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,522
    I Support ClubWRX
    Personally always prefer the sedan, but after having the 08 gti 4dr I started digging the sti hatch and Id personally prefer the hatch in this current body styling.


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  8. #52
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,522
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bp_968 View Post
    Caught this thread in a google seach and had to reply. I agree, the new hatches are ugly, but I kinda liked the old hatches. I bought my 06 STI because I wanted a STI and I loved the 06-07 body style. If I could do it again I'd seriously consider buying a hatch WRX and upgrading it to STI levels. Because I can't make my STI into a STI

    Maybe I'll win the lotto and I can do something goofy like buy a 06-07 WRX wagon, upgrade it to a STI, and turn the STI into some sick gravel eating monster.

    Honestly what would sell me on another WRX or STI in a heartbeat would be a dual clutch transmission or (smack me for saying it) a decent automatic. Why o why is subaru still even offering a crappy FOUR speed auto? Auto's are bad enough but a four speed? I almost have my wife sold on a Impreza (preferably a GT) but I couldn't stomach paying that much for that pile o junk tranny.

    ok.. soapbox over (and I think this is even my first post. lol)

    bp
    Sorry man but the amount of people in this world looking for a performance vehicle isnt looking for that performance vehicle to be driven by an automatic trans. Look at the VW R32 that vehicle actually had an increase in value after the new R32 was released because it was only offered in an auto tranny. No matter how awesome the 6/7/8 speed auto trannies are and how many "manual transmissions" they slap together its still an automatic transmission.


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  9. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Personally always prefer the sedan, but after having the 08 gti 4dr I started digging the sti hatch and Id personally prefer the hatch in this current body styling.
    +1, they need to slim down the sedan

  10. #54
    Registered User ZACK777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,368
    The sedan is blah to say the least but it can be fixed with a lower wider stance, slightly larger more aggressive flares, along with a different front bumper and side skirts (painted of course ) and maybe an intermediate spoiler, not a park bench.
    I would still probably favor the hatch though.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

  11. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Sorry man but the amount of people in this world looking for a performance vehicle isnt looking for that performance vehicle to be driven by an automatic trans. Look at the VW R32 that vehicle actually had an increase in value after the new R32 was released because it was only offered in an auto tranny. No matter how awesome the 6/7/8 speed auto trannies are and how many "manual transmissions" they slap together its still an automatic transmission.
    I think your only partly correct. While me or you might not even consider a STI with a normal "slushbox" auto in it there are plenty of people who would, especially in the US. I would love a decent auto tranny from subaru so I could buy my wife a subaru, and I'd love a DCT for the STI which I would buy for *me*. I know some people are really hung up on the clutch but the DCT shifts *so* much faster its not even comparable, and its so much nicer in traffic. I want a manual so I can hold rev's through a corner, so I can choose which gear to enter and exit in. I don't want a manual because stomping a clutch is "fun". The DCT is also smoother shifting (no matter how good you are at a manual) and clocks in 10% better gas mileage numbers. (imagine, 20/26 or 20/27 numbers on a STI lol). If subaru comes out with one and it can be retro fit into a 2006 STI (fav bodystyle) be on the lookout for a lightly used 6MT forsale

    If you still disagree that people will buy auto's in performance cars look at the sales of auto Porsches and Corvettes. Porsche actually started selling their TURBO in an auto years ago (makes you want to cry doesn't it?). Now they are all offered with a DCT which is much better choice for a performance car then a slushbox.

  12. #56
    Registered User AmateurX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Troy, Michigan
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if we see Subaru pull out of wrc in coming years.
    I thought I had read that Subaru already had pulled out of WRC:
    Officially official: Subaru leaving World Rally Championship - Autoblog
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

  13. #57
    Registered User MikePiper1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10
    Subaru has pulled out of WRC which in my opinion is a crime! Hopefully they will reconsider and come back soon.
    I have to say I am not a fan of the STI Hatch. In my opinion the 07 sedan is the best looking. Here's hoping the 2010 has at least 350 hp and a sedan with more aggresive lines.
    Last edited by MikePiper1; 08-06-2009 at 06:58 PM.

  14. #58
    Administrator TheJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bro do you even live in the Dirty South
    Posts
    18,065
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    I thought I had read that Subaru already had pulled out of WRC:
    Officially official: Subaru leaving World Rally Championship - Autoblog
    I guess you missed that the post you quoted was made about 6 months prior to the article you linked was published...
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:


    "Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

  15. #59
    Administrator TheJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bro do you even live in the Dirty South
    Posts
    18,065
    I Support ClubWRX
    Oh and for the record I <3 teh STi Hatch.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:


    "Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

  16. #60
    Registered User corybb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    Posts
    240
    Current sti hatch is the first hatch I've actually liked.

    I have a sedan an I hated the old wagons. Thought I hated the new hatches.... but... they look smart.

    And between the hatch and what they did to the sedan...hatch wins everytime...

    the sedan front is ok...side is Bland and the back looks like a hyundai or something korean (nothing against korean cars, but they tend to have a "look" about them, esp. the rears)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •