Sti goes back to sedan for 2010 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sti goes back to sedan for 2010 within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; while its not the sedan, heres a pic of the sti coupe for 2010. il try and find the sedan ...

Banned
    while its not the sedan, heres a pic of the sti coupe for 2010. il try and find the sedan

STI coupe production in 2010 - IWSTI.com: Subaru STI Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh man that's a repost of a repost. Wait until we can see some real pics.
    The fast and the "Yeah right!"
    Blobeye #60
    2004 WRX STi Java Black Swirl
    2004 WRX san remo wingless sold
    99 Impreza 'L' grocery getter sold

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    chrisp^if you took the time to read the new cars/prototypes forum on clubwrx you would have seen a thread about the rwd coupe that is to be made by toyota /subaru for 2010/2011.

the pics are basically nice artists drawings of the concept

Subaru RWD coupe will be sold worldwide
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 08-11-2008 at 01:26 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Monster View Post
    +1000000000000.
    That should be the next subaru comercial infact, a little kid in his dad's new sti making engine noises cutting to scenes of WRC.
    i seem to remember a car company already doing a commercial similar to that. maybe i'm just going crazy?
    '07 wrx wagon:
    Cobb catback, cobb short ram with intake box, turbosmart small recirc valve, yellow tinted fogs.

little bit older and a little bit more jaded.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    chrisp^if you took the time to read the new cars/prototypes forum on clubwrx you would have seen a thread about the rwd coupe that is to be made by toyota /subaru for 2010/2011.

the pics are basically nice artists drawings of the concept

Subaru RWD coupe will be sold worldwide
    my mistake. I have a very busy life, so I dont get a chance to read very much of whats on this site. kinda log on whenever I get a spare moment

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
    I will try to get something in print. I know it sounds kinda funny, but I have an aqaintance that is a credible source for whats going on in the subaru world. he is a big shot at a massachusetts subaru dealership. I will try to get something in writing
    I realize that I am new on this site, so I mean no disrespect - but I know a "big shot" (aka general manager) at my old mazda dealership and he claimed that the 2010 speed3 would be all-wheel drive and have 300+ horsepower to compete with the STI... look at the speed 3 now... what has changed?

IMO, I like the hatch better.

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

I like the sedans better, and not that I will be buying a car soon, but I probably wouldn't buy an STi if it was a hatch.
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by futurewrx View Post
    I realize that I am new on this site, so I mean no disrespect - but I know a "big shot" (aka general manager) at my old mazda dealership and he claimed that the 2010 speed3 would be all-wheel drive and have 300+ horsepower to compete with the STI... look at the speed 3 now... what has changed?
    Welcome to the site!

We get a lot of the "my dealer guy told me..." predictions around here, most of which turn out to be incorrect. It'll be interesting to see if this one pans out.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

jtr
    I used to be a car salesman, and i can say with my experience, that not even the head guy at the dealership knows anything more than we can. in most cases the salesmen dont even do research on whats new, they wait until a rep. from the company itself comes with the car to tell them about it. they previewed the 2010 mustang to my dealership in feb. but pics and info were out on the internet long before that.

XTC
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXie View Post
    I like the sedans better, and not that I will be buying a car soon, but I probably wouldn't buy an STi if it was a hatch.
    I agree.

Dealers dont know crap.

if you have a vehicle that throw rod bearing for the first two months of production and dealers still dont even know about that in july was a joke to me when i bought my 09 wrx.

I dont believe a word they say about up coming new models.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post

Took the words out of my mouth. When I first bought my sedan, I had to tell one of the "big shots" at the dealership what that silver finned thing on top of the motor was.

mine said it fed cool air to the supercharger then proceeded to tell me the 17" Rota SDRs were stock equipment. i guess thats what happens when you buy a used Subaru from a Chevy stealership
    2004 PSM WRX Kartboy Short Shifter, SPT Cold Air Intake, TurboXS Turboback Exhaust, Cobb AccessPort Stage II
    Blobeye Syndicate #123
    Dirty Crew #123

oh and +1 on the STI sedan, wish i could afford one
    2004 PSM WRX Kartboy Short Shifter, SPT Cold Air Intake, TurboXS Turboback Exhaust, Cobb AccessPort Stage II
    Blobeye Syndicate #123
    Dirty Crew #123

Registered User AllShallPerishJ's Avatar
    I really don't see how it would be economical for Subaru to move back to the wrx sedan unfortunately. Forward thinking tends to be the common denominator in anything technological. Sure people will take old concepts and reinvent them or build upon them with advancement but old concepts are rarely completely redone to the tee. That would be counter intuitive and counter productive esp in the auto industry. And as we've collectively entered what seems as a more conservative approach to being smaller, compact and more "environmentally" conscious; you see a common theme of automobiles becoming smaller and in my opinion F-ing dumb looking. And I think Subaru is trying to play there cards pretty carefully during this progressively semi-pseudo world economic "crisis". One previous poster in this thread a year ago said "wouldn't it be funny if Subaru pulled out of the WRC?" And look what happened? Everybody is counting where their pennies are going these days, because we've been scared into doing so, including car companies. I'm sure if things continue this way Subaru will pull the plug on Subaru Rally Team America and the Rally America circuit as well. Which is a damn shame IMO. Keep in mind the demographic target for all other Subaru models besides wrx....granola eating hippies. And what do granola eating hippies like? Environmentally friendly, quiet, more compact and fuel efficient cars. Anyone see a common theme? I say we start a don't listen to the dumb hippies petition for Subaru to start making a bad ass looking wrx/sti model again! This is me dancing on my soapbox.
    Live.Free.Or.Die
    Blobeye Syndicate #55

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    they still make a wrx sedan

subaru is still helping/assisting the people/teams running Group N Subaru's in PWRC.

there will still be a sti hatch .... subaru will bring a sti version sedan again maybe in 2010 as a 2011 model. ??

seems the US subaru owners have the biggest hang up when it hears the word "hatch" oh well such is life !
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.