Base 2008 WRX with 6-speed seen
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Base 2008 WRX with 6-speed seen within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I apolgize if this is old news, I did search, but could not find it (new here, so maybe looked ...

Base 2008 WRX with 6-speed seen

I apolgize if this is old news, I did search, but could not find it (new here, so maybe looked in the wrong place).

Went to test drive the 2008 WRX 5-door 5-Speed today in CT, and while waiting in the show room sat in 4-door WRX. It had a 6-speed manual.

Dealer claims "oh subaru does that sometimes". I don't buy it. Is this a mid-year change?

Ready to buy, and would rather have the 6-speed. Dealer claimed he could get online and find me one. Seems odd to me.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It that is true, I'd be very pissed with my '08 5-speed. I have not heard of Subaru doing anything like this. Maybe it was just an aftermarket shift nobb from an STi?

Does the sticker say 5- or 6-speed on it? Can you get a photo?

Also, I think if Subaru did add this feature, they would somehow publicize it.

Go back to the dealership and get a test drive with the salesman that told you it was a 6speed. Get on the highway and wind 'er up through the gears, make sure you give it some muscle when you put it in "sixth".
    ~Selah

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Go back to the dealership and get a test drive with the salesman that told you it was a 6speed. Get on the highway and wind 'er up through the gears, make sure you give it some muscle when you put it in "sixth".

only time I have actually "lol'd" from a comment on this forum.

I love this idea Just pull into "6th" really hard
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Banned
    It would be sweet You should just put in "sixth" and launch it off the line.

Well I guess you all think I'm lying or just trying to start a dumb thread. I'd be glad to go back if I had the time. The car is in the showroom, no sticker on it. I tried to work the gears, but you really can't tell without it running. I am not familiar with the feel of the STi, so can't compare.

It is Georgetown Subaru, in Norwalk CT if anyone is interested.

My initial guess was the wrong shift knob as well. I am thinking that this particular salesman is basically an idiot, but he was dead serious. Its the most likely explanation!

no we don't think your lying. We're making fun of the dealer. Half the time these guys don't know what their talking about. Most of the time people would consider this lying, but odds are hes just an idiot who dosn't know his stuff. If it is a STi 6 speed, you should have to pull up on the thingy on the shift knob to put it in 6th. But like everyone else is saying, theres no such thing from the factory. Its jsut an Sti knob on a 5 speed. funny though
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

Forgetting the mysterious shift knob for a moment, I guess I should at least say that the drive off the "regular" WRX was great. It was quieter than I expected. Plenty of power for what I need as a daily driver. Brakes seemed to have a soft feel, but maybe that is just different than what I am used to. Handling was great too.

Nice car, and definitely on the list! But I guess I am preaching to the choir here...

I'm looking at a premium, NAV, Sat radio, unless you folks know of any reason not to (other than $$ lol). Thanks.

Paul

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulct View Post

I'm looking at a premium, NAV, Sat radio, unless you folks know of any reason not to (other than $$ lol). Thanks.

Paul

Welcome to the club
    I would want nav and sirius radio too.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by paulct View Post

Paul
    To get an STI?

Quote Originally Posted by 06PearlWRX View Post

no we don't think your lying. We're making fun of the dealer. Half the time these guys don't know what their talking about. Most of the time people would consider this lying, but odds are hes just an idiot who dosn't know his stuff. If it is a STi 6 speed, you should have to pull up on the thingy on the shift knob to put it in 6th. But like everyone else is saying, theres no such thing from the factory. Its jsut an Sti knob on a 5 speed. funny though
    Wow, I've been shifting my STi wrong for months
    2004 Aspen White STi Mac Tuned Stage 2 *304whp/345wtq* (SOLD)
    2003 WRB WRX: VF30'd w/ XPT tune (TRADED!)
    2002 Berlina Black S2000: Mugen Exhaust (GONE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    Welcome to the club
    I would want nav and sirius radio too.
    The OEM is crap, get an after market on insalled for 1/2 the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    The OEM is crap, get an after market on insalled for 1/2 the cost.
    I guess if you are into having extra gadgets everywhere, i prefer the integration.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

Quote Originally Posted by Blu_Scobbie View Post
    Wow, I've been shifting my STi wrong for months
    Wow, he thinks the reverse lockout is 6th gear
    i cant imagine what would happen if you stuck it in reverse at 100MPH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.