Subaru WRX Forum banner

What name did you give your subie?

91K views 412 replies 261 participants last post by  Germz to Japz 
#1 ·
Who has named their wagon?????

I named mine Schnell Wagen. SIlver Wagon club anybody??? HEHEHE
But seriously who else has named their WRX Wagon?

#197 ·
This thread has made me think. I don't have a name for my new STI because there's just not enough personality. That tells me it needs some mods.....

My new muffler delete exhaust did show up today on my doorstep. I might have to throw it on tonight after the kids go to bed.....

#206 ·
So.....Whats her name???

We all do it....we all refer to our car as a female...we call our car "her", "she" girl" etc....but what i am really curious about is if any of you actually name your car..

my current car is a mustang...her name is suzie.

my wrx on order that arrives in 2 weeks will be called sadie.

i think it would be fun for anyone who has an actual name for their car to post a picture of their car and her name....in 2 weeks as soon as i get my wrx i am posting it also!!

cheers!

#213 ·
Never named a car before, but my wife and I are already calling this one her "sister wife."

#214 ·
English doesn't use genders for brand names and such, but in general Japanese cars are not feminine, they're neutral (analogous to "it" in English I suppose). This is entirely appropriate, because they are in general unremarkable. Alfa, Lancia, et al., feminine, whereas "mama" FIAT neutral despite owning the others; likewise Ford neutral whereas Chevrolet feminine (probably because of the French background to the name itself). Lola is feminine, Lexus neutral (the Japan thing at play). Porsche feminine, Opel neutral and so on.

My first Toyota was "The Antichrist."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.