Subaru WRX Forum banner

What name did you give your subie?

91K views 412 replies 261 participants last post by  Germz to Japz 
#1 ·
Who has named their wagon?????

I named mine Schnell Wagen. SIlver Wagon club anybody??? HEHEHE
But seriously who else has named their WRX Wagon?

#84 ·
my friends call it the T-Rex. Black Sti with a greenish tint to it.

real monster like dinosaur. i love my car. :)

#89 · (Edited)
Like the Matrix of Leadership...

My first car was a 1997 Mustang GT...black on black. It told me it's name was Umbra...Latin for "shadow." When I got my Subie, the spirit of my car came with me and took on a new form in the body of my STI. Even though my new baby is gray, Umbra still works since shadows are actually gray anyway, not black.

So, my car became Umbra STI but I call him/her just Umbra. I can only liken it to the Matrix of Leadership from the Transformers. Optimus Prime to Rodimus Prime...but both Prime for short since it would seem Prime is associated with the Matrix. Umbra is the spirit of my car, whichever car I have. The body of my car changed, the Matrix was passed over, Umbra took on a new form.

Gender changes...sometimes it's a He when we're doing masculine things like putting on parts or going WOT but when I'm detailing it or talking about it to someone, it's a She because I give it lots of love. :)

#96 ·
old 92 integra- "Push-mO-Bill", starter burned up 30min. after purchashing...had to put it in 2nd and push start the car.
~Totaled~

05 Sti- "Black Dahlia"
~My new baby, recently installed Cobb Stage 1 (Accessport)~

95 Integra GSR- "5.0 eater". For all the races against 5.0 GT's.
~Bored 2.0L GE sleeved block, 85mm JE pistons w/rings, 255 Walbro Fuel pump, 550cc injectors, Snyapse turbo kit w/GT28R turbocharger...and more~

:screwy:

#99 · (Edited)
My 06 WRX is named Suzy, no idea why the name just stuck. Maybe its b/c I know a girl named Suzy who is a tom-boy, and although my WRX is a female she has some pretty big balls for a chick.

In HS my bikes name was Aimee, and my first car a Civic never had a name even though I had the car for 3 years. When I owned the car everyone called me Joe Civic.

#100 ·
My first Rex (02 WRB WRX) was named Betsey, I had a really bad Betsey Johnson obsession :screwy:

Now (04 WRB WRX w/ Winter Sport Package) is named Betsey #2 or Betsey for short, the name just stuck.

I can't recall my 2 first cars names, pretty sure they were too hoopty for me to care :rotfl:

#103 ·
Me and my car are one and the same when I'm in it, therefore she needs not a name. Although she is most definitely female. :tongue:

#107 ·
I affectionately call my little bue 04 rex "Houdini". It all started right after i bought it. I started racin everyone at the local track to get a feel for it and to see how it compared to the world at large and it just wouldn't lose! i either tied or beat everything that night.....my friend said "THAT THING IS A FRIGGIN HOUDINI CAR!" it just stuck...sorry for the long story...i'm in love with this car haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.