Subaru WRX Forum banner

What name did you give your subie?

91K views 412 replies 261 participants last post by  Germz to Japz 
#1 ·
Who has named their wagon?????

I named mine Schnell Wagen. SIlver Wagon club anybody??? HEHEHE
But seriously who else has named their WRX Wagon?

#280 ·
Sadly my cars name is not Battle Hardened, the Road Warrior of Chester County the 10th. In fact i usually just call her Scooby or The Scoobaru. Dont really like when people call them Subie's. Other car names were
Civic- Madeline (Maddy)
Chevy Blazer- Courtney
240sx- Twofourdee
Jeep #1- Whitney
Jeep #2- 4x4Turtle

third jeep was just called Jeep. called my bikes Harley or GSXR, no special names. I still talk to my car like im talking to a puppy. People think its weird and give me odd looks in the parking lot. But oh well, makes me happy.

#281 ·
As I guess I've stated before, I stopped naming my cars some time in the late '80's. It's "the wagon". I think I did affectionately refer to my '87 4Runner as "my mountain goat" for a while, because it seemed to be able to go anywhere. At this point though, I just don't see a reason to refer to my Subaru as "Darla", or something.

In fairness to you guys, I'm in my late '40's and have owned a lot of cars.

#282 ·
I haven't really given mine a name yet, but my buddy dubbed it "The Blue Dragon" when he joined me for a road trip a couple months ago.

#285 ·
#284 ·
i call it my....wait for it.....drumroll......my...."subaru wrx"

last i checked my car was inanimate. no need for a humanz "name"

lmao. i crack myself up sometimes

#290 · (Edited)
Shoopster, sometimes the Shoopster, the Shoop, or just Shoop; La Shoopster if I'm speaking French.

My boyfriend calls me Choupette (pronounced shoo-PET), which is an affectionate name for a loved one but also Herby the Love Bug's name in the movie's French version.

Thus the Shoopster is Choupette's car. Sometimes also the Choupette-mobile, or the shoop-mobile. Eventually morphed to Shoopster.

#295 ·
Named mine Emilia after my late grandmother. i've hung her rosary beads on my rearview on every car i've owned. its about time i name one after her...

my girl on the other hand is a giants fan and call my car "Big Blue" lol

#297 ·
While Frank is a good name, William was much better. Just rolls off the tongue.

#303 ·
Cute Neighbor Girl caught me cleaning up the BRZ yesterday, and asked me if I'd "named her", yet. I almost wished I was into that kind of thing, just to have an excuse to talk to her longer.

#304 ·
I take insult when the car is referred to as "her". With a catted uppipe, Subaru clearly intended to neuter bugeyes. Therefore, mine was very much an "it".

#308 ·
#307 ·
I fail to see the connection. I took no vows that preclude me from talking to pretty girls. :wiggles:
There's no danger. I'm the worst flirt evar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.