06 STi vs 07 STi
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 STi vs 07 STi within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; was wondering what the big difference was because everysingle person I tell that i might get an 07 STi they ...

06 STi vs 07 STi

was wondering what the big difference was because everysingle person I tell that i might get an 07 STi they say they hate 2007 STI's and i always ask them why but they just say they "just hate em" like 10 people told me this just wondering if any of you guys knew why and also im leasing a 06 or 07 sti this friday w00t

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Token` View Post
    was wondering what the big difference was because everysingle person I tell that i might get an 07 STi they say they hate 2007 STI's and i always ask them why but they just say they "just hate em" like 10 people told me this just wondering if any of you guys knew why and also im leasing a 06 or 07 sti this friday w00t

Most people don't like either the '06-'07 STi's including myself. If I were to get a STi I'd look for a low mile '05 sti mainly because of looks. Also the
    '05's are more proven then the '06-'07's .
    2006 Mustang GT
    3.55's Manual
    Black and about to be Blown!

07's have a vf43 turbo and are fro what I hear better. I believe 07>06>05>04
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    07's have a vf43 turbo and are fro what I hear better. I believe 07>06>05>04
    07 has longer gears and the vf43
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    better cylinder heads too right?
    --== Hawkeye Alliance Member #096 ==--

2007 OBP STi
    Shorty Shifter, Boost Gauge

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    Trapping in 4th FTW.
    -Gary-
    07' UGM STi "Hawk-Eye Alliance #074"
    90' DA6
    90' EF

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Token` View Post
    ...they hate 2007 STI's and i always ask them why but they just say they "just hate em" like 10 people told me this just wondering if any of you guys knew why
    If they themselves do not know why it's unlikely anyone here will.

and also im leasing a 06 or 07 sti this friday w00t
    Have you looked into the 08s (any WRX version) yet? You may find you like them more anyway. One feature is the 5-door body style.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

yeah i love the 05's and 06's and not much into the 5 door body style though. thnx for the info guys
    Last edited by Token`; 01-10-2008 at 09:08 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    The only downfall of the 07 is the crappy ECU. If you get that fixed then IMHO it's leaps and bounds better then the 06. You can trap higher, the gears are friendly around town, the heads are better, odds are it will have less miles/abuse.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

it does not have a crappy ecu ! . The problem is the ecu is the most advance ecu subaru created to date . THE problem is the factory base map sucks , . just get a cobb accesport and flash. I love the gear ratio on my 07 easy on highway and great 1/4 mile runs

I'm glad I finally found a thread like this, I traded a 06 "regular" WRX for a 07 STI and never could get a good answer on what/ if any differences there are between 06 and 07 STI's. I haven't run my car at the track yet, and have done a few mods so I am curious as what people are running. I know no one with a 07 that has brought there's to a track. Also I have had "quirks" with the ECU but I was told was flashed before it left the factory. Mods amplify these effects...I guess.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dwill9578 View Post
    I'm glad I finally found a thread like this, I traded a 06 "regular" WRX for a 07 STI and never could get a good answer on what/ if any differences there are between 06 and 07 STI's. I haven't run my car at the track yet, and have done a few mods so I am curious as what people are running. I know no one with a 07 that has brought there's to a track. Also I have had "quirks" with the ECU but I was told was flashed before it left the factory. Mods amplify these effects...I guess.
    if you mod your car you need engine management subarus are sensitive to mods
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I should have gave more detail. I don't have big mods by any means, but I have SPT intake,heatshield/turbo heatshield,mid-pipe, SPT catback. SPT shift kit, royal purple tranny and diff fluid. Cobb/TBE coming in spring along with eibach springs(possibly sways?) then I think I'm done. Thinking it should pretty quick when done.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dwill9578 View Post
    I should have gave more detail. I don't have big mods by any means, but I have SPT intake,heatshield/turbo heatshield,mid-pipe, SPT catback. SPT shift kit, royal purple tranny and diff fluid. Cobb/TBE coming in spring along with eibach springs(possibly sways?) then I think I'm done. Thinking it should pretty quick when done.
    when you putt the TBE exhaust on make sure it has a highflow cat 06-07 need at least one cat for backpressure in the exhaust. also at that point make sure you get a tune or engine management like the cobb AP
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tekfoc View Post
    it does not have a crappy ecu ! . The problem is the ecu is the most advance ecu subaru created to date . THE problem is the factory base map sucks , . just get a cobb accesport and flash. I love the gear ratio on my 07 easy on highway and great 1/4 mile runs
    Yeah...okay...sure.

The ECU logic sucks...not the ecu...poor choice in wording.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast