Head Light Bulbs

This is a discussion on Head Light Bulbs within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Does anybody else have issues with their bulbs burning out fast, with in 6 months or less? I use the ...

Head Light Bulbs

Does anybody else have issues with their bulbs burning out fast, with in 6 months or less? I use the Silverstars by Sylvania. I say this because my head light just burnt out again.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just buy original equipment - It'll last a lot longer.

No sense spending 15 bucks per bulb when they only live a life that of a fly.
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

I get about the same lifespan out of Silverstars. After this set i'm going to stop wasting my money on them and maybe buy those xenon bulbs.

They suck pretty bad.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

I Support ClubWRX
    European Silverstars are the bulbs to get: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/

I got mine there in addition to Toshiba IR high beams that are super bright, but use the stock wattage. There is a thread about these somewhere here.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    European Silverstars are the bulbs to get: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/

I got mine there in addition to Toshiba IR high beams that are super bright, but use the stock wattage. There is a thread about these somewhere here.
    Good read. FTA:
    Wait a Minute, Earlier You Said Silver Star Bulbs Have Blue Glass!

It's a name game: Osram, the well-established German lampmaker, sells a line of automotive bulbs they call "Silver Star". These are Osram's top-of-the-range headlamp bulbs, equivalent to Narva RangePower+50, GE Night Hawk, Philips VisionPlus, and Tungsram Megalight Premium. They produce the maximum legal amount of light while staying within legal power consumption limits. They have colorless clear glass.

Osram bought the well-established American lampmaker Sylvania in the early 1990s, so Osram is now Sylvania's parent company. Sylvania also sells a line of automotive bulbs they call "Silver Star", but it's not the same product. The Sylvania Silver Stars have blue glass. Light output is of legal levels, but as with all blue-filtered bulbs, you do not get more light from them. The Sylvania SilverStar bulbs have a very short lifetime, because the filament is overdriven to get a legal amount of light despite the blue glass.

To get the best possible seeing performance at night, don't choose extra-white bulbs.

one more in the silverstars burn out fast and suck camp. had them in my mazda6, went back to OEM
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrememotion View Post
    Good read. FTA:
    Wait a Minute, Earlier You Said Silver Star Bulbs Have Blue Glass!

It's a name game: Osram, the well-established German lampmaker, sells a line of automotive bulbs they call "Silver Star". These are Osram's top-of-the-range headlamp bulbs, equivalent to Narva RangePower+50, GE Night Hawk, Philips VisionPlus, and Tungsram Megalight Premium. They produce the maximum legal amount of light while staying within legal power consumption limits. They have colorless clear glass.

Osram bought the well-established American lampmaker Sylvania in the early 1990s, so Osram is now Sylvania's parent company. Sylvania also sells a line of automotive bulbs they call "Silver Star", but it's not the same product. The Sylvania Silver Stars have blue glass. Light output is of legal levels, but as with all blue-filtered bulbs, you do not get more light from them. The Sylvania SilverStar bulbs have a very short lifetime, because the filament is overdriven to get a legal amount of light despite the blue glass.

To get the best possible seeing performance at night, don't choose extra-white bulbs.
    Yep. A thread I posted about Danial Stern:

Daniel Stern Lighting
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics