Busted...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Busted... within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well... It was bound to happen. I got my first ticket tonite, and in my normal style, nothing could be ...

Busted...

Well... It was bound to happen. I got my first ticket tonite, and in my normal style, nothing could be done halfway.

Here's the scenario. I was driving home after visiting the girlfriend at school. I was cruising on a twisty mountain road with no one on it on the way home having some fun through the curves. I honestly didn't even realize how fast I was going. So, I'm pulling through one of the curves and I open it up a little. Apparently I pass a cop doing 74 in the 45 (29 over for you math impared folks) and he follows. When he flashes his lights (about a minute later) and I pull over. I open my window and lean over to get my info out of the glove box and turn around to a guy holding a gun and light in my face yelling at me to put my hands out the window. He cuffs me and puts me in the back of his cruiser and goes back to my car. He searches the car and finds nothing then comes back and asks me why I ran from him. I tell him I pulled over as soon as I saw him, but he calls b/s and asks why I didn't pull over when he pulled out behind me. He puts my info in the computer and realizes I dont have any other tickets so he lets me out and puts me back in my car after patting me down (and making a big deal about the chapstick in my pocket). During all this about 5 or 6 other cops showed up and kinda stood around making sure I didn't make a break for it. Turns out one of them went to King's Point (Merchant Marine Accadamy) and he ended up asking me about school. I told him I was a cadet at New York Maritime (another Merchant Marine Accadamy across the bay from KP) and we talked for about a minute. He went back to the cruiser of the first cop and talked to him. First cop came back to my car and told me he wrote me up for only the speeding ticket, and let me off for reckless driving and failure to stop. I make my court appearance on the 10th and hope that I can get it no points.

well, that was my evening.

sorry, needed to vent.
    Last edited by stud100spray; 12-20-2007 at 12:30 AM.
    '02 Stage II WRX PSM Sport Wagon

...and one more thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end.- Homer Simpson

Teh Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

damb good luck man
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

i feel ya on this one.. i get the most random **** told to me that they said i did when i get pulled over... but it doesnt help that im the only wrx where i live with an exhaust and the sti wing.. but i still understand where u are coming from
    SPONSORS for Rally:AMSOIL, Livewire Energy, Six-feet deep clothing, ARS(Aluminum Rapid Shelters), and FatHeads Eyewear.

Wow - that's a mess.

Next time you get pulled over, keep your seatbelt on and your hands on the steering wheel. When the officer asks for your 'license, registration, and insurance', then you take off the seatbelt and go into the glove compartment to retrieve them. Personally, I keep my Registration and Insurance card in the visor so that it's easy to reach.

Don't speed at night, especially if there are hardly any cars on the road. Ideally you want to keep moving through traffic and watch for brake lights ahead, as well as keep an eye behind you via mirrors for headlights which resemble a cop. There are less cars on the road, and the lights on your car make you stick out. Cops are bored and just looking for someone to write up.

I do all that, and just try to watch the other cars on the road to determine where the LE is at. I have my radar detector which helps, and my metal "law enforcement family member" card just in case - but for the most part I try to avoid putting myself in a situation where I'm begging for a ticket. Oh, and when a cop pulls behind you - cruise control set to the speed limit and hope he goes around you.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Wow - that's a mess.

Next time you get pulled over, keep your seatbelt on and your hands on the steering wheel. When the officer asks for your 'license, registration, and insurance', then you take off the seatbelt and go into the glove compartment to retrieve them. Personally, I keep my Registration and Insurance card in the visor so that it's easy to reach.
    Just to add... as per advice from one of my NYPD friends... pull over, shut car off, keep seat belt on, wallet out on the dashboard (not where anybody can grab it from the window), window down, hands on steering wheel, grin and bear it. Definitely don't reach for something without first alerting the police officer(s). Live and learn
    2002 WRB
    VF34, EDM projectors, TEIN Flex coilovers, STi RA tranny, Brembos, STi interior, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Wow - that's a mess.

Next time you get pulled over, keep your seatbelt on and your hands on the steering wheel. When the officer asks for your 'license, registration, and insurance', then you take off the seatbelt and go into the glove compartment to retrieve them.
    +1
    That is by far the best thing you could do. In the cops defence as far as he new you were grabbing for a weapon (not saying you would). He took the info he had and did what he thought was necassary. Sounds like you got a good cop.

Oh, and chapstick. You can easily pull a spock-maneuver and kill someone with that stuff. Or hide explosives in it.

All in all I think you handled it well. Hopefully they honour the fact you have no previous tickets and drop this one!
    Curent: 1988 VW Golf Cabby
    6-8 months: 2006 JPB STi

alot of people hide weed in chapstick tubes thats why.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

Man! You were lucky you didn't get the...

This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

lol at gloves and even more funny what age group of people would hide weed in a chapstick. somehow i think that'd ruin a lot of the indulging properties of it. taste, smell but your lucky you didn't get in worse ****.

i would for sure argue the fact about you getting restrained and put in the car. Unless he had his lights on for awhile before you pulled over. Doesnt seem like he had a reasonable casue to search your car legally. Unless he was gunna use wreckless driving as an arrestable offence as his excuse.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Banned
    Encounters with the police are never fun. Mine happen way to often.

^^ never would have guessed
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

What twisty mountains roads were these? I only found a few descent ones going towards Brewster. There isn't any fun places to drive in The Bronx, except orchard beach parking lot when it snows. =\

Quote Originally Posted by wunderboy987 View Post
    alot of people hide weed in chapstick tubes thats why.
    lol - who the hell hides weed in a chapstick tube?

I never did that, I've never known anyone who did that.

Get a Hi-Liter hide-a-pipe if you need something.

or *GASP* - don't do drugs!
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Wow, your Police are so different from where I grew up (London, UK). I used to just get out of the car and walk up to the cops, "Evening Officer, how can I help you?". Usually they'd give you a ticking off and no tickets. They had to follow you for 1/4 mile to take an average speed and needed camera evidence for dangerous driving (or witnesses). If you spotted them before they had a chance to catch up then it showed that you were aware of your surroundings, and they would only ever ticket you if you were an a** or drunk.

Of course Calgary police are closer to yours - I get pulled over last month by an a** who claimed to have got me on his in-car laser, but gives me a random figure and refuses to show me the reading. I pulled in and stop, and he starts whacking my passenger window with his night-stick because I hadn't opened it. His problem was that I was doing the speed limit when he caught up - and almost ran into the back of me because I hit the brakes quicker than he was expecting when his lights came on (fishtailed his Charger ). I'm looking forward to meeting that idiot in court next year...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.