am i really that ignorant about DCCD

This is a discussion on am i really that ignorant about DCCD within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Live in the Logan UT area, brand spankin new to site. had an STi for a few months. Still trying ...

am i really that ignorant about DCCD

Live in the Logan UT area, brand spankin new to site. had an STi for a few months. Still trying to get used to the power. Can't figure out if DCCD should stay up high on the console readout or down low in snow or if it's best to leave it in auto for everyday driving in snow. I make a nasty commute through a nasty snowy canyon and i bought a STi so I wouldn't die, but I don't know what the safest (non racing) DCCD is. On another subject, does anyone else here have an occupation in the medical field where they get harrassed about STi meaning sexually transmitted infection? hooray
    loves the STi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    From my personal experiance I leave it in Auto while driving. If you get in a situation where you have low traction (sitting on ice/slush/snow) and need to get out then just put it in "lock" mode (dial all the way forward and hit the switch next to it).

Also I sure hope you arent on the stock tires and trying to drive in bad weather.

The DCCD is one of those nice options that IMHO could have been excluded. Auto has treated me fine in the dry and once I get going in the wet stuff. Lock does a great job of plowing through stuff.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    If you follow the link in my signature, you'll find a link to some info on dccd .
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

i'm still an ignoramus

quote [(sitting on ice/slush/snow) and need to get out then just put it in "lock" mode (dial all the way forward and hit the switch next to it).

Also I sure hope you arent on the stock tires and trying to drive in bad weather.)]

Again with my ignorance... is open lock all the way down into the small green arrow on the dashboard? Is that where I want to be in the slush/ice or is somewhere in between considered partial lock.

I had a friend put some $650 studded snow tires put on my car on Halloween. As far as sweet in snow, it's not s'posed to get any safer. You can tell that I'm scared of this canyon of death. People die in it every year. I've almost wrecked a couple of times.

Thanks for understanding my scoobtardedness. I've tried to look all over in the forum and nobody tells the retarded little specifics... like what the green arrow is as opposed to what the red arrow is in the dccd. you guys rock.
    Last edited by SkoobNoob; 11-22-2007 at 07:10 AM. Reason: don't know how to quote properly

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SkoobNoob View Post
    Again with my ignorance... is open lock all the way down into the small green arrow on the dashboard? Is that where I want to be in the slush/ice or is somewhere in between considered partial lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    If you get in a situation where you have low traction (sitting on ice/slush/snow) and need to get out then just put it in "lock" mode (dial all the way forward and hit the switch next to it).
    There should be an indicator that says "LOCK" on your lighted dash as weel as a little "L" on the wheel that you need to spin forward to lock it.

^^^CLICK PIC for more info.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC