Yet another WRX crash, 3 teens dead - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Yet another WRX crash, 3 teens dead within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If I ever have kids, they're getting an '89 Mercury Sable wagon with a boat trailer attached....

I Support ClubWRX
    If I ever have kids, they're getting an '89 Mercury Sable wagon with a boat trailer attached.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    If I ever have kids, they're getting an '89 Mercury Sable wagon with a boat trailer attached.
    Oooh, I had one of those POS's as a first car. Actually was pretty torquey and smooth, when it was actually working.

But I digress...
    Last edited by broosewee; 10-04-2007 at 09:23 PM. Reason: ot
    2002 WRB
    VF34, EDM projectors, TEIN Flex coilovers, STi RA tranny, Brembos, STi interior, etc.

kids at that age should deff. not be driving around in a car like that.let alone mod one!!!i'm young also and i have made my share of mistakes.it takes getting used to a car like this and i just realized it.we all want the best for our kids but saftey is the most important.think of what could happen before you go out and buy your kid a very fast car like the wrx.it's a shame that these parents had to learn the hard way and i send them my deepest sympathy.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#105
    2007 WR Blue Subaru WRX STI
    mods- 3in.catless T/B exhaust,(Fujitsubo Super T1 axle/bac,InvidiaV2catless D/P)untuned, 18x8.5 gunmetal Work Emotion CR's wrapped in 235/40/18 General Exclaims',blacked out headlights,Chargespeed front lip,Tein S.Techs,Grimmspeed TGV Deleates,65mm APS cold air intake,3in Agency Power turbo inlet pipe, NGK step colder spark plugs,Cusco oil-catch can,APS dual vent bov,AEM methanol injection kit,255l Walbro fuel pump

Quote Originally Posted by broosewee View Post
    Unbelievable. You'd think he'd have learned the first time around, but 2 hospital inducing accidents in one year (prelude and wrx). What the hell are the parents thinking? All were so damn young too.

RIP
    You'd think SOMEONE would have learned after the first accident. I'm sure the parents are looking for someone to point the finger at right now.

same, not much than that can be said...
    sure as hell ain't your grandma's wagon

i had a brand new jetta when i turned 16 (99 first year of the "newer" style) the thing had like 120 hp but i still managed to get it going like 140 on the freeway one night. Teenagers are stupid and do stupid things while driving. I'm just glad i didnt get killed or kill someone in my car.
    Stage II and loving it!

oh my god...i learned alot after my little fenderbender, let alone go and do it again. poor girls...i feel for the family
    "Whatever it takes"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    If that's the car I'm thinking of, with the solid light "bar" across the nose and available with faux wood trim, I'm all in. That's a hot vehicle.

The statistics are terrible and it's always such a shame to read things like this. Sure, accidents happen in all sorts of cars and by all sorts of people but there's a reason my insurance rates for the 02 Impreza are higher than the rates I pay for our newest car, an 07 model from another maker with more HP and costing $10,000+ more to buy. People buy Imprezas and get into trouble sometimes.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

idk what to say
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    That could have happened in any car. It's shame that one stupid idea can cause so much damage.

+1

The teens were in a Subaru WRX heading north on East Street and tried to go around a boat being towed by another vehicle, which was turning into a parking lot at the Farmingbury Country Club. The Subaru clipped the back of the boat, skidded sideways and struck an oncoming box truck, Angiolillo said.
    i've seen adults try to pass people in unsafe conditions also, stupidity knows no age. I've had sports cars all of my driving life and have never injured myself or anyone else. Hell i have ONE speeding ticket in the 8 years i've been driving.

Its not 'young' people, its stupid people. Stupid people and sports cars do not mix.
    Last edited by GuiltySparc; 10-05-2007 at 04:54 AM.
    --== Hawkeye Alliance Member #096 ==--

2007 OBP STi
    Shorty Shifter, Boost Gauge

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    such a shame
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Banned
    The determining factor is how old you act, not how old you are

By and large i've been in more near-misses with crazy adults than crazy teenagers. regardless of what they were driving...

This was a shame. There's a raod by my house where stuff likes this happens literally a fw times a year. The road is littered with memorials for accident victims... including some of peple I had known personally.

It's always sad to see. two 15 yr olds... :-/

idiot parents FTL!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySparc View Post
    Its not 'young' people, its stupid people. Stupid people and sports cars do not mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blup View Post
    The determining factor is how old you act, not how old you are
    Both are interesting points but insurance companies -- who have access to all the data and need to use it as well as possible to minimize their risk -- disagree generally. Age and general expected safety are linked. Choice of vehicle and expected safety are linked. A teenager with a sporting car is more likely to get into an accident -- therefore teens with sporting cars are more expensive to insure.

Every time someone under 25 or so asks what everyone else is paying for insurance, the numbers are shocking. There's a reason for that.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Both are interesting points but insurance companies -- who have access to all the data and need to use it as well as possible to minimize their risk -- disagree generally. Age and general expected safety are linked. Choice of vehicle and expected safety are linked. A teenager with a sporting car is more likely to get into an accident -- therefore teens with sporting cars are more expensive to insure.

Every time someone under 25 or so asks what everyone else is paying for insurance, the numbers are shocking. There's a reason for that.
    Well, teenagers are more likely to act like teenagers than a more middle aged demographic. That's, of course, true.

But I would just hate to condemn every teenager. I know a lot of teenagers that have "high performance sports vehicles" that are very responsible with them, and I know many older people that have wrecked numerous cars due to their own irresponsibility.

I'm very familiar with actuary science and mathematics and agree with insurance companies higher premiums on teenagers (sometimes it's a bit excessive but whatever). But if 50% of teenagers are likely to get into an accident with a sports car it means that the other half of the population is responsible and getting screwed over.

You don't hear news stories like "Responsible teenager drove his Subaru WRX to school today and made it to class on time". But that doesn't mean there's a lot of them out there.