We Are Not Alone... - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on We Are Not Alone... within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX "Supports our Subaru community"? Avatars pissing on a Mitsu emblem? I love my Subie and all, ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    "Supports our Subaru community"? Avatars pissing on a Mitsu emblem?
    I love my Subie and all, but methinks you need something real to be so passionate about.
    I just don't get it when people become passionate about a... corporation. Not an ideal or a value, but a consumer product. Huh?! It's also illogical what corporations people become passionate about. Why get so caught up with Subaru? My Subaru has had failures (radiator, hose clamps, output shaft bearing etc.) but people love Subaru and get online to rant about it -- my Maytag dish washer has never had any problems at all for over a decade of use, yet nobody I know is a Maytag fanboy. Not to mention my GE microwave -- flawless. It gets even more illogical if you leave cars aside and look at something like football -- corporations like Liverpool have fans that'd slit their veins for them, yet they're just a company like any other. Why aren't people suicidal about Whirlpool?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post

3. I love humor, I'm sorry that you don't.

[God Bless You]

If you stick around more than a few days, I promise Ray will crack you up eventually.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

It seems alot of threads are ending up like this one lately.

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    .. wow everytime i read something you post i hit my head against a wall.. you ever hear of the evo RS baseline at around 27k i will buy an sti if it costs less then 27k new
    Wow I didn't know you get an evo that cheap.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    It seems alot of threads are ending up like this one lately.

Wow I didn't know you get an evo that cheap.
    little more taxes and tag but still who needs a spoiler and 6speed
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I just don't get it when people become passionate about a... corporation.
    Well, it's fine to a point.

Guy buys Subaru, discovers that he happens to enjoy the little quirks, the AWD, the modability, the rawness (relative to many other new cars). He develops a warm feeling towards his Subie, and perhaps it extends to the brand name....okay, so far so good....now he decides that he "hates" Subaru's competition in the marketplace because....ummmm.....because.........that's the place where I get lost.

I hear that it's "all a joke" and whatnot...it's just not interesting enough for me to laugh at, I guess... :shrug:

Still feels like misplaced rancor, somehow.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I just don't get it when people become passionate about a... corporation. Not an ideal or a value, but a consumer product. Huh?! It's also illogical what corporations people become passionate about. Why get so caught up with Subaru? My Subaru has had failures (radiator, hose clamps, output shaft bearing etc.) but people love Subaru and get online to rant about it -- my Maytag dish washer has never had any problems at all for over a decade of use, yet nobody I know is a Maytag fanboy. Not to mention my GE microwave -- flawless. It gets even more illogical if you leave cars aside and look at something like football -- corporations like Liverpool have fans that'd slit their veins for them, yet they're just a company like any other. Why aren't people suicidal about Whirlpool?
    I'm that passionate about Walmart. I would buy a "I <3 Walmart" shirt if they had one. I would then argue with my friends about how far superior Walmart is to Target. I would write things like Walmart>Target, and Target is teh f4sTarrerer!!1!

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post

If you stick around more than a few days, I promise Ray will crack you up eventually.
    Or TR will ban you

I Support ClubWRX
    If I like Hostess products that doesn't mean I have to dislike junk food from other makers...
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    I'm that passionate about Walmart. I would buy a "I <3 Walmart" shirt if they had one. I would then argue with my friends about how far superior Walmart is to Target. I would write things like Walmart>Target, and Target is teh f4sTarrerer!!1!

Or TR will ban you

Target could totally own walmart frumaroll.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Target could totally own walmart frumaroll.
    Not if Walmart has teh self checkout mod!

I Support ClubWRX
    Walmart has better motor oil prices and selection (and incidentally, motor oil is -- regrettably enough, and I say this not being American myself -- one of the few American-made products still available at either store!) and better tools and garden selection. Target is usually better organized and is better with employee treatment and community relations. Walmart has better (worse...) hours, but if you go really late you might end up hating yourself and life in general. Target has better plastic bags. Close call.

I don't think I've ever been to a walmart theres not one near me (or at least not close enough to be convenient) so I just go to Target.
    FORZA FERRARI

I would slap a MBC on Target and give it a Backyard tune

/thread

well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Calm down? Spent much time on forums? This is called "conversation" on a car forum.

Longterm members here will tell you that I'm all for humor, but the fanboi thing gets old after a while. One word of advice there, new guy. Be careful with your smartassed tone. It will start trouble with some people here, and I'll have to clean up the mess.
    ...Yes, I am very aware that this is a conversation...Every post in this community is a conversation......If a person (or people) reply to a post it is officially a conversation.......maybe......and I take your word that the fanboi thing will get old...I just bought my scoob on march...give me some time guys, come on.......and its not my fault I'm a n00b...I'm only 18 and I'm new with subaru...I bet you veterans are like in your 20's...mid to late 20'a?......yea, I should be careful...I don't wanna be banned by the super moderator or kicked out of the bugeye mafia by the grandfather of the bugeye mafia..............................seriously I don't......but that doesn't mean I'm gonna suck up to anyone...Respect and sucking up are two different terms......and having a smartassed tone is fun once in a while........................well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Oh, and me thinks n00bster didn't know he was talking to a Supermod.
    ...yes I am very aware that Ray here is the Super duper moderator...and the grand-daddy of the the bugeye mafia.........

Or TR will ban you
    ...........I'M JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......sorry...

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Custom Catback Race Exhaust (3" piping + 4'5" tip tilted upward left). Blitz SUS Power Air Intake Filter. F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch Kit. Titanium STi shifter. Blitz Dual Turbo Timer DC IV. ViS Carbon Fiber Hood. Blitz Super Sound Dual Drive BOV.
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

[QUOTE=KanoWRX;2076717]well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts......... [QUOTE]

lordy lordy lordy

I Support ClubWRX
    I bet you veterans are like in your 20's...mid to late 20'a?......

Try 40, kiddo.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.