Would you buy Subaru again? why/why not?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Would you buy Subaru again? why/why not? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I absolutely am enamored of my WRX, it was my dream car and obsession from the time it came out ...

Would you buy Subaru again? why/why not?

I absolutely am enamored of my WRX, it was my dream car and obsession from the time it came out in late '02 to the time I finally bought my '05. It was the the kind of car I always wanted to have when I was in high school....fast, fast looking, cobb stage 2, fat catback with exhaust tip, great audio system with CDT components and 12's....plus I was proud of the fact that I bought a nearly 30-THOUSAND dollar car, negotiated it all, etc. It represented adulthood and independence for me. I still love it.
    But Subaru's misrepresentation of its vehicles sours the experience greatly to the point where I think I may rather have a Civic SI for my next car. It markets the Rex to a group of people who love to drive enthusiastically (not synonymous with "abusively"), yet it breaks when used for such purposes.
    I went back to the dealer last week, about a year after I spent my 20+ thousand extremely hard-earned (100+hours/wk paramedic), they treated me like dirt, like some high school kid with his pants hanging off his ass, who had just appeared at the dealership and asked to go do doughnuts in their STi, yo.
    WRX=love
    Subaru=

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

try a different dealership
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

I agree with you dude.
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

yeah, dont shoot the messenger. (if that phrase even applies....shut up its late) Luckily for me ive never had to deal w/ a subaru dealership yet (hell i bought my car from a ford dealer. haha) but as far as the car itself goes, there isnt anything id give it up for, except for another one. give your business to another dealer who appreciates you

Hey, I am a highschool kid (my pants will sometimes hang off my ass) and I work more than anyone at my school. I am blessed enough to have a dad in the car business whom was able to talk a Subaru Dealership into giving him a great deal on a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX. I refuse to let him pay for the car because since I work I have the money to pay for it. Where I live people's parents will buy them anything and everything but I refuse to let that happen, I don't need it. My WRX was the best thing I have ever bought and will continue to be until 5 years from now (when I have a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi) I baby the car most of the time, but the power is there when you need it. If it were to break I would die but the Subaru dealership near me is my close friend and they can help me out.

It's one of those things that, unless you've gone through it yourself, it's pretty hard to relate to. From my perspective, it's very difficult for me to see any qualified, reputable business treating its customers like dirt...but I can certainly see the potential for that in the fast car industry (they do get a bunch of cocky HS kids trying to "joy" test drive). Of course, half the fun is showing up with a hat and backpack "looking" like you can't afford the car. Did that too.

When these awkward situations arise, sometimes I find it better and more liberating to stand your ground and call the person out on it...it's also much easier to ask for the Fleet Manager and tell them from the start that you're not about BS and you're a serious customer. That's the way I approached purchasing my '05 last year and lo and behold they would snap to attention when they realized I was a true customer.

Hell yea, I'd buy another. I love mine like my own child.
    2007 SWP STI
    2006 WRB WRX 11.5@119mph ~sold

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy
    +1
    Blobeye Syndicate #89
    http://www.myspace.com/qmansda
    2005 WRX, Cobb Stage II, Greddy EVO2 catback, Helix catted Downpipe, TurboXS Uppipe, TWM short shifter, Air Hog, Custom Carbon Concepts gauge pod with 2 5/8" Autometers

I Support ClubWRX
    To answer your question of the title of this thread. ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I would definately buy another Subaru again. I beat the living hell out of my 02' WRX on the dragstrip, through the twisties everyday to and from work, and plenty of reline shifts on a day to day basis, and it asked for more. I think Subaru's are built very strong and are up there with Toyota and Honda as reliable cars. But sadly, I won't be able to afford another car for a long time since I already have 2 vehicles which I am pretty happy with.

p.s. My dad maybe trading in his 01' GMC Sonoma for an Outback or a Forester very soon since my parents are moving to Carson City, Nevada. And that wouldn't have happed had I not suggested Subaru's reliablity and build quality.

I would buy another, but I probably wont just because hopefully by the time I purchase my next car I will be out of school and be able to afford somethinng else. But I see how you feel and I feel that same way about nissan. They way I was treated when I had my Z made me decide that I will probably never but another nissan again.

The only Subaru's I would buy would be the STi versions. i don't like the 5 speed, and base versions are too heavy to take full advantage of the turbo power.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

The only way that I would buy another Subaru would be if I become rich enough to own an STi as a fun second vehicle.

My WRX is definatley fun but it just doesn't have the build quality I was hoping for. The thing has like 10,000 miles on it and I baby the crap out of it -- and all it does is rattle at every flaw in the road, starts roughly, and something on the roof whistles loudly at 75+ mph which subaru won't fix because they say I shouldn't be driving over 65 anyways..

I must say that I love the car, but I expected more and my next car will be something more refined -- maybe a used Audi A4 or something of that nature. Not really sure, but I'd like something that felt a little more solid, and didn't develop rattles in the first 10K miles which the dealership won't even consider fixing.

Never again.

I'll go Evo or BMW.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

I have been more than pleased with my 04í WRX and the dealership. The car has excided my expectations for a 24,000 dollar car.

A few months ago my car had an SUV crash on top of my hood, it had well $6800 in damage. My car was over heating so I took it to the dealer and found out the body shop failed to notice the water pump was damaged and was pouring out water. I called the insurance and they where taking a time to get an adjuster out there, the dealer knew my situation of paying for a rental car out of pocket for the last 2 months. They decided to cover the pump under warranty instead of dealing with the insurance, they also covered my loaner car for the few days it was in their shop.

I was thinking of getting a Porsche Cayman since the accident but I am seriously thinking of saving the money and buying a LGT from a dealership that went out of its way when they didnít have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy
    +2
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.