Would you buy Subaru again? why/why not? - Page 9
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

This is a discussion on Would you buy Subaru again? why/why not? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 302@12psi This is almost comical debating the difference in power between the STI and a Lexus. I ...

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    This is almost comical debating the difference in power between the STI and a Lexus. I dont even find myself using all the power of a stock wrx in 98% of my driving, I doubt I'd hardly ever use the STI's full power at all on the street (there is just no reason to). I really doubt I'd use the Lexus power either. When it comes down to driving around town and on the highway the power differnce is really laughable.
    Well same could be said about the luxury of the Lexus. Most people driving down the block to get some groceries or pick up the kids from school only use a fraction of the luxury available in your average lexus.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    Well same could be said about the luxury of the Lexus. Most people driving down the block to get some groceries or pick up the kids from school only use a fraction of the luxury available in your average lexus.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

I Support ClubWRX
    I guess or defination of luxury might be a little different. I'd lump luxury into but not limited to:
    Stereo
    Seats
    Inside Material
    Ride comfort
    Controls
    Inside noise
    Durability of interior (i.e. rattles, shakes, howls)

And a few other things I'm sure I'm leaving out. To be honest I'm sure you'd use the interior luxury far more then 20-30 hp. I dont think I'd ever give up the STI for a lexus, but I can understand people who would. Let's face it the STI isnt even on the same playing field as Lexus when it comes to luxury, and the Lexus can arugable put in the same performance league as the STI.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

To be honest, I probably won't WANT the extra HP if I was driving down the street to pick up the kids...who wants to show up in front of a school with a giant woody....I mean, how many people would actually believe you when you said "no...honestly, i'm just really excited by performance motors."
    go f*** yourself

who wants to show up in front of a school with a giant woody...
    sigged you sick little monkey
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    sigged you sick little monkey
    imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and I'm feeling pretty flat right now.
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Not necessarily.

when you say "hit the gas" you are referencing straight-line performance, and in this case the only real difference between the two cars is a few tenths of a second. STi's in stock form will run 13.1-13.5 and IS350 will run 13.5-13.8 and both trap very similarly at 103/104mph.

The STi is performance superior is many other ways like braking and handling, but for straight line, the IS350 vs STi has a relatively small difference. Plus with the IS350 you gain awesome safety features, nice interior, refinement, good looks, etc...
    The only bad thing is the auto tranny... but I would still take one over an STi.
    i dont know about looks, i feel it looks fat faced and ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bxr
    i dont know about looks, i feel it looks fat faced and ugly.
    Yeah, looks are purely subjective... I just assumed most people would agree the IS350 looks better than the STi.. but who knows.. Something like looks is 100% dependent upon the individual.

but imo

This

>

(looks wise at least)

And I think that most would agree.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I love my Subie. it truly is everything i expected it to be ( better actually ) and for me. being a photographer. having this kind of fun in a wagon is a God-send. I really love the car.

since i need the functionality of a wagon ( and i happen to prefer the look of wagons ) my overall choices in cars is somewhat limited.

i would probably buy subaru again. But only right now while im young. i've had a hankering for an Audi S4 avant ever since i layed eyes on one. and in my business. LOOKING sucessful really does play a big part in gaining business. and unfortunately, subaru doesnt scream wealthy and successful.

but what it does scream is an incredibly fun driving experience, which it has given me, 10-fold of my expectation.

and getting an 06 wagon for $22.5k?? yeah. im not going to complain one bit. ( btw i dont have any weird rattles or anything like that, mine is quite solid.)
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

Well same could be said about the luxury of the Lexus. Most people ...only use a fraction of the luxury available in your average lexus...who wants to show up in front of a school with a giant woody
    I would prefer to use the luxury of the Lexus. The STi's vented alcantra fabric is chafing, and the leather of the Lexus is easier to clean up after a long session of use.

But when it comes to driving, I'll take the one that accelerates, corners, and brakes with the best of them, and has the traction to pull me out of sticky situations. Otherwise, it isn't really driving, it's land-yachting.

Quote Originally Posted by agphotography
    and in my business. LOOKING sucessful really does play a big part in gaining business. and unfortunately, subaru doesnt scream wealthy and successful.
    That's one thing I've never understood. When I look for a real estate agent, I try to find the one driving the crappiest car around. If they drive a Lexus it means they're making too much money off of me, and they are going to be more of a cheat, or less interested in my interests. Photography may be different, but I'm still wary when any sales pitch is involved.

Peachypumpkincheeks

...who wants to show up in front of a school with a giant woody....

Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

AHAHA! that is too perfect. toooo perfect
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette

good blonde joke right there.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Want to but dont

I would love for my next car to be an STI. but considering that i just got my wrx and it should last me for some time to come.. the only year i like on the wrx is 04 - 05. so by the time i need a new car i dont know if i wanna buy a 05 STi by then... that is if they dont improve the look of the new imprezas.
    2004 Subaru WRX
    Proud Owner